What do you use while you wait?

This is a discussion on What do you use while you wait? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm currently trying to decide between a K&D Dakota defender and a High Noon Closing argument or TailGate IWB holster for my XD45c. This will ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you use while you wait?

What do you use while you wait?

I'm currently trying to decide between a K&D Dakota defender and a High Noon Closing argument or TailGate IWB holster for my XD45c.

This will be my first "real" IWB holster. I currently have a HN Split Decision, but it's just not comfortable.

What do you all do while you wait for your holsters to be manufactured? With 14 to 20 weeks wait time, I'm sure y'all don't just not carry.

I ordered a Supertuck a while back, but I just couldn't make it work for me. I'm 5'10", 210lbs and carry at around 3:30 or 4:00.

Thanks for the advice!

Leprechaun97

2. Remove Ads

I am on week 11 of my k&d dakota waiting time. I am currently using a high-noon bare asset for my xd. I have to say, I really like the bare asset. I originally purchased it as a temporary waiting time holster. I bought it because it was in-stock and under $40.00. After wearing it, I no longer consider it a temporary fix. I love this little holster, I use it more than my supertuck. I plan on continuing to use it once my dakota gets here. I like the easy-on, easy-off single clip it uses, it conceals nicely, and is quite comfortable!!!
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

I'm into my third week of 'breaking in' my new K&D Larado Defender. It took 18 weeks to get to me, but it was slightly 'customizied' to fit a specific need. It's is an extremely well crafted holster and very much worth the wait. Now I didn't need/have to have that defender right now. I have other holsters I utilize.......but my K&D is nice!

In the meantime while you wait, suck it up with the supertuck and/or get a 'less expensive' alternative like a desantis or even....don't hit me.....a Fobus paddle.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Also you can get Don Hume holsters for less than 30 bucks.......
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

VIP Member
    I get a OWB holster to use while I wait for my custom IWB holster. Usually a Galco Concealable.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I'm into my third week of 'breaking in' my new K&D Larado Defender. It took 18 weeks to get to me, but it was slightly 'customizied' to fit a specific need. It's is an extremely well crafted holster and very much worth the wait. Now I didn't need/have to have that defender right now. I have other holsters I utilize.......but my K&D is nice!

In the meantime while you wait, suck it up with the supertuck and/or get a 'less expensive' alternative like a desantis or even....don't hit me.....a Fobus paddle.
    What's wrong with a Fobus paddle? I just bought one this morning! I rather like it, although I have to admit it doesn't hold the gun quite as tight to my body as a pancake belt slide or an IWB. For what it is though, I think it is a pretty good deal.

Don Hume also makes very good "while you are waiting" holsters.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    What's wrong with a Fobus paddle? I just bought one this morning! I rather like it, although I have to admit it doesn't hold the gun quite as tight to my body as a pancake belt slide or an IWB. For what it is though, I think it is a pretty good deal.

Don Hume also makes very good "while you are waiting" holsters.
    +1
    For a temporary holster, I agree with the Fobus choice. It's dirt cheap, but will do the job till you get your holster of choice.

Good luck!
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I've been "flamed" for advising a Fobus. My Fobus is actually my most used holster. The paddle is super convenient AND is used to 'store' my sidearm at night or when I'm not carrying but need my gun close by. It keeps the trigger covered and it's quick-on, quick off when necessary....and inexpensive.

I'm 'looking around' for a higher quality, better fitting paddle(s), but the Fobus will always have a place in my drawer.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I have another idea for you. How about getting a "Real" (as you put it) OWB "now" with no wait?

This is a Brand New holster from Bulman called QRH. It's specifically for your XD45 Compact. I will be posting this soon but since your looking for a holster, real or temporary, I thought to give you first dibs. I can give you more details if you're interested.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I use Fobus Paddle Holsters a lot even though I have holsters from the top makers.
    A paddle is convenient, and makes a good range holster when one might to use several guns. I have J-Frame, Glock, and 1911 Fobus paddles in my range bag.

I do not hesitate to use them for CCW.

A kydex paddle is my choice of a "waiting" holster. It will continue to be useful.
    Of course if any would be as good as the one for which one is waiting there would be not need to wait.

Regards,
    Jerry

Thanks TwinCarry

I appreciate the offer, but I have to wear IWB and sometimes tuckable b/c of work environment.

No problem....I tried.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun97 View Post
    I'm currently trying to decide between a K&D Dakota defender and a High Noon Closing argument or TailGate IWB holster for my XD45c.

This will be my first "real" IWB holster. I currently have a HN Split Decision, but it's just not comfortable.

What do you all do while you wait for your holsters to be manufactured? With 14 to 20 weeks wait time, I'm sure y'all don't just not carry.

I ordered a Supertuck a while back, but I just couldn't make it work for me. I'm 5'10", 210lbs and carry at around 3:30 or 4:00.

Thanks for the advice!

Leprechaun97
    Usually I have my holster before my gun arrives though.
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

The first place I look is the Classified sections of various Forums. I'll check here, THR, Glocktalk and the 1911Forum. If I strike out there, I'll either hunt down a Galco or Bianchi for temporary use or go all out and buy a quality holster from Lightning Arms. They carry Sparks, Alessi, some Del Fatti and even Galco.

Actually, I usually call Lightning Arms before I order directly from the maker unless I'm specifically looking for something that they don't carry.
    Jack

me
    CTAC, I used it while waiting for the Max-Con that just came in. I still will use it when i need a tuckable holster.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links