Maxpedition Fatboy...after one month

This is a discussion on Maxpedition Fatboy...after one month within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well...so far so good! I really like all the junk I can tote around with minimal effort. I have gotten so used to it that ...

Thread: Maxpedition Fatboy...after one month

Well...so far so good! I really like all the junk I can tote around with minimal effort. I have gotten so used to it that I feel rather naked without it. I love being able to have my multi-tool, Gerber FAST folding knife, Surfire 6P LED Defender, wallet, cell phone, iPod, small Bible and notebook, pen, and my S&W 649 w/ 2 speed strips in one convenient bag ready to pick up and go any time.

My big concerns were the constant on and off while driving and accidentally leaving it somewhere.

I have found that driving is a non-isse for me. With it carried on the right side my seat belt goes underneath it and it sits nicely on my lap. I got used to it so quickly that leaving it anywhere just hasn't happened. I am was also a bit suprised that it hasn't been cumbersome to carry around.

I DO have to make doubly sure that all "illegal" items are removed before using as part of my carry-on when traveling. Lost a nice little knife the other day when I forgot to search EVERY nook and cranny before checking my luggage and going through security.

I use a fat boy from time to time too. I will use it tonight when I drive to GA as 8 hours in a car with IWB is a little much for my back. It is great for school also as it lets me put my gun in my trunk while its hidden in something.

Of course all my friends like to pick on my about my "purse".

The only one who bothers me about it is my 15 y/o daughter.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    The only person who chides me about mine is the guy I got it from... thanks, JD.

Honestly, though, I love this thing. It lets me carry all the stuff I need (and want) to have with me easily. It has cut my normal 5 minute routine of filling pockets and sliding stuff onto my belt down to 2 minutes.

Now that I have a few rounds through my 4053 and am confident in its reliability, I carried in the CCW pocket this evening and it really fits in there nicely.

Sponsored Links