Improvement? Please let me know. - Page 2

Improvement? Please let me know.

This is a discussion on Improvement? Please let me know. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't know if it's an improvement but it's very nice! Since I have several VM-II's, if I got another IWB holster I would be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improvement? Please let me know.

VIP Member
    I don't know if it's an improvement but it's very nice!

Since I have several VM-II's, if I got another IWB holster I would be looking for one that seats the gun a little deeper. Just a thought.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thumper

Noted!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Wolf View Post
    Greetings all!

I wanted to get some opinions on some of my recent work.
    I would like to know good and bad points, please. (Keep it clean though. )
    This rig is for a 92F/M9. It is cow with Bali shark on the mag pouch and holster; the belt is a type of reef shark from Mexico. (They are two seperate orders... but I thought they would look pretty cool together.)

The shark on the mag pouch is the natural shape. I only trimmed it at the top; I thought it looked pretty cool that way.

The belt is my second shark belt; I am wearing the first one because it had some stitch imperfections. (I needed a new belt anyway. LOL.)

The shark design on the holster is inspired by Eric from HBE Holsters. Eric was kind enough to look at some of my work and give his opinion. I took his advice and changed some things and feel better about myself and my work. However, there is more work and learning ahead.

I look forward to the comments and would like to thank my customers for their imput and the advice of other holster makers who took the time to talk to me and share some of their knowledge and thoughts.

Cheers.

Very nice rig Dave! The shark from Mexico is very nice! and much easier to work with in my opinion.

TT

Thanks that means alot!

Yeah, I like the Mexican a bit more.
    I am getting some more tomorrow... the stuff is just running out of the door. LOL.

Yeah, I like the Mexican a bit more.
    I am getting some more tomorrow... the stuff is just running out of the door. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Yes I know, I went to purchase more today but someone named Dave just bought the last of it.

Unfortunately the Mexican skins are too short to make belts with without splicing.

Anyways nice work!

Shark

LOL...

I have received 2 so far, that are almost 50" at their longest point. No bs... One was amber and the other was black. My distributor really hooks me up. They are great.

Good looking work.

I'm starting to dabble in exotics now. Now just need to find a good supplier.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Dave,
    I must say the difference is night and day. You know the ones I am referring too from the past. Your stitching has improved 1,000% just the overall appearence is night and day. I say you're heading in the right directions!! I can't see the edging very well in the pics but I am sure it is good. You may be hearing from me soon, I have another project I am brewing over.
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

FYI

I appreciate the compliments! Thank you very much.

I am not taking on experimental projects right now. I am working on a few prototypes that have been on the back burner for too long. I will slightly modify my rigs but I will not build something that I do not offer, at this time. I am one guy and I am trying to not only improve my products (Thanks Eric for all of the advice the other day!!) but to try and get new, improved items to offer.

I am taking 2 volunteers to try a new product. If anyone is interested, please PM me for details.

Cheers!

Just to clarify something: I am still taking orders for custom holsters. However, I am not taking orders for things I do not make on a regular basis. Example: I will lower the horns of my IWB to suit the user; I will not create a totally new (to me) IWB for someone. I am sorry but there are only so many projects I can undertake. Once I get caught up, I will gladly try some new or hybrid rigs. I hope I did not mislead anyone with my statement. If you have a question, please PM or email me. Heck... gimme a call for that matter.
    Last edited by Silver Wolf; September 6th, 2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Adding of info:

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Wolf View Post
    I appreciate the compliments! Thank you very much.

I am not taking on experimental projects right now. I am working on a few prototypes that have been on the back burner for too long. I will slightly modify my rigs but I will not build something that I do not offer, at this time. I am one guy and I am trying to not only improve my products (Thanks Eric for all of the advice the other day!!) but to try and get new, improved items to offer.

I am taking 2 volunteers to try a new product. If anyone is interested, please PM me for details.

Cheers!
    Dang! I'd show up and BEG for some of your knowledge and volunteer.......if the Navy paid me just a little more and "she-who-must-be-obeyed" would loosen the leash just a tad. I'm only just up I95 from ya too. Oh well............

That's a sweet rig Dave!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I95

Come on down man! Fellow soldiers are always welcome!!!
    (I should have my store front by Oct 1st, so more than one person can stop by. LOL.)
    I sent ya a PM regarding volunteer for a prototype rig.
    Need one more...

Very nice looking rig. Haven't seen any of your earlier work, but look forward to seeing more in the future. Keep the posts coming!

If ya want to put a left-handed rig together, put me on the volunteer list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links