Double mag pocket carrier for 1911...

This is a discussion on Double mag pocket carrier for 1911... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In an old thread ( Great holsters to check out ) currently residing on page 8, I was asked by A1C Lickey to report on ...

Thread: Double mag pocket carrier for 1911...

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar

In an old thread (Great holsters to check out) currently residing on page 8, I was asked by A1C Lickey to report on how I liked this product when it got here.

I ordered the product back then, but made an error in my order (the main page got refreshed and defaulted back to the .25 carrier, and I failed to notice it). So what I received promptly after ordering (via Priority Mail) was a double mag carrier for a .25 auto.

Contacting WRB Products, their understanding and handling of my mistake was first rate. I emailed first, then called, and was told the owner had received my email, was away at a gun show, and would make my .45 single stack double mag pouch as soon as he returned.

I mailed the .25 pouch back, and soon after I received the correct .45 single stack double mag pouch. Been carrying it in my off side front jeans pocket ever since (after work, current employment carry is not possible).

I'd been using a Milt Sparks PCH M single mag pouch (pictured below next to the WRB double pouch. The Sparks is obviously a high quality leather product, and I suspect would last longer than the WRB. It also costs about twice as much, and carries half the ammo. While it might be more "fair" to compare the WRB to a DeSantis Mag Packer (similar materials, similar price, still only one mag), the fact is the WRB has effectively replaced the PCH M as my daily carry.

It seems to carry nearly as easily as the single mag PCH M. It doesn't feel heavier (in fact I've often still been carrying a single pouch OWB as well, for a total of three spare mags). It would perhaps be a little slower to come into play than the PCH M, but only very slightly. Practice may mitigate that difference to nil.

Overall, I am very impressed with the little mag pouch, and now may further explore others I've seen (I recall seeing a leather double mag pouch, though I need to search to remember the manufacturer). For now, I am happy with two spares in the pocket, with or without another on the belt.

All mags are Wilson Combat 47D 8 rounds.

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Nice looking pouch but not knowing what "WRB" is or stands for... could you provide a link?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Nice looking pouch but not knowing what "WRB" is or stands for... could you provide a link?
    Sure, why didn't I think of that?

WRB

Actually, there was a link at the top of the old post I linked, but no need to go all the way to that post to check them out...
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Sure, why didn't I think of that?

WRB

Actually, there was a link at the top of the old post I linked, but no need to go all the way to that post to check them out...
    Thanks!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thanks for the review. Just a quick question, you carry two mags in your front pocket? Is that uncomfortable?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    Thanks for the review. Just a quick question, you carry two mags in your front pocket? Is that uncomfortable?
    Yes, and no. The double pouch fits fine in the front pocket of "regular" jeans (Wranglers, etc.). Not uncomfortable at all (I wear size 36, it's occurred to me pocket size may vary with waist size?). I even manage a few coins and my keys. The keys are a bit much in a new pair of Levi's 501's I have, but they're a bit tighter fit all over.
    Regards, T Bone.

Sponsored Links