Low Riding Paddle Holster???

This is a discussion on Low Riding Paddle Holster??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know of a low riding paddle holster. I have love handles (ok, ok, more like a inner tube) and the high riding paddles ...

Thread: Low Riding Paddle Holster???

Low Riding Paddle Holster???

Does anyone know of a low riding paddle holster. I have love handles (ok, ok, more like a inner tube) and the high riding paddles tend to get pushed out at the top (pancakes do the same thing), leaving the top of the gun printing real bad. I usually carry IWB but would like a paddle because of its comfort and ease of taking on/off. I have a CompTac paddle holster and its comfy and has good retention but it rides just a little to high to cover with just a shirt. It works alright when I wear heavier shirts and jackets, but sticks out like a sore thumb when I'm just wearing a T-shirt or light shirt. Any suggestions?
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I have found any OWB, especially a paddle holster will print too much for most to effectively conceal under just a t shirt. I think a lower riding holster/gun will not help either. My suggestion would be a IWB with a full sweat shield to protect your body from the gun.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I find that both Fobus, and Comp-Tac ride low, and do conceal well under a shirt tail. Of course, no paddle will be as tight against the body as a good pancake.

At times I use one of them with satisfaction. The Uncle Mike's and Galco paddle holsters that I have do not keep the gun tight against the body, and I do not wear them.

Best,
    Jerry

Paddle holster

When I was stuck in body armor with just a side arm I wore an adjustable Blade-Tech or the Black Hawk paddles. I have love handles and body armor made it worse so I know your issue.
    If you can get into a gun store that has a variety, try 'em all on. That's my best suggestion.

Good luck!

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    The best paddle rig made and the only that I know of that won't print is Kramer's MSP Paddle, I have several for "J" frames, 1911s and a Smith 4566 and they disappear under a t-shirt with the Kramer. As far as how low it rides, I'd just call it average comparable to most pancake rigs.

Links