Custom Holster?

This is a discussion on Custom Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You might contact Rudy Lozano at Black Hills Leather. He has been able to fabricate a shoulder holster for me for a Taurus Raging Bull ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Holster?

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    You might contact Rudy Lozano at Black Hills Leather. He has been able to fabricate a shoulder holster for me for a Taurus Raging Bull and a hip holster for a S&W 4" 500 Magnum. If it can be made, he can pretty much do it. Fast service too.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by onetuza View Post
    I was going to keep this list updated, several items have changed, but I don't see an edit button to do so. Oh, well, so much for trying to be informative.
    Add David at Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX. to your list of possibles.
    (866) 383-6761

He already makes two standard custom tuckables for the PF9, the "IWB Tuckable" (one clip design) and the "Dual Carry" (two clip design). These are actually in stock items.

Maybe he would also make a custom one that includes the laser.

- OS

We will be adding the Kel Tec within the next 1 to 3 months. Also the LCP with the crimson trace laser.

Alex

Trick....

Thanks Trick.

I have done one in the past.

Tuna can you update?

Onetuna, I sent you a pm or email, not sure. Anyways, I'm in the same hunt at the moment for my pf9. I'd greatly appreciate any updates or revisions to your list.

Surely there are enough PF-9's with RSS lasers out there to warrant some attention from holster manufacturers. IWB, tuckable, leather, sweatguard, cantable? Here are few new candidates to my recent exhaustive quest...

Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX. Tuckable IWB

H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks IWB Pro TL Tuckable

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters U.D.C tuckable

FIST, INC. Fist#44 customized to tuck.

All great looking rigs. Have contacts into them for RSS inquiry. Weapon selection was cake compared to what to carry it in!

/neil

Another candidate:

D.M. Bullard Leather Mfg. Tuckable IWB for Kel-Tec PF-9/40 Right Hand

I have an email in to them inquiring about the RSS.

/neil

Quote Originally Posted by 1upyorn View Post
    Onetuna, I sent you a pm or email, not sure. Anyways, I'm in the same hunt at the moment for my pf9. I'd greatly appreciate any updates or revisions to your list.

Surely there are enough PF-9's with RSS lasers out there to warrant some attention from holster manufacturers. IWB, tuckable, leather, sweatguard, cantable? Here are few new candidates to my recent exhaustive quest...

Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX. Tuckable IWB

H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks IWB Pro TL Tuckable

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters U.D.C tuckable

FIST, INC. Fist#44 customized to tuck.

All great looking rigs. Have contacts into them for RSS inquiry. Weapon selection was cake compared to what to carry it in!

/neil
    That's onetuza not onetuna I'm a not a fish, I'm a Soul.
    My search ended in utter failure. After receiving not one, but two blank RSS laser housings from Armalaser so that I could send them to holster makers, I emailed the prospects that had said they could do it and they all ignored several emails. You can't take anyone at their word anymore. They were High Noon and Tucker Gunleather. The third one, K&D, got into an argument with me about the holster needing a standoff screw to keep the pressure of the holster from turning on the laser. No amount of explanation from me or the laser maker, to the fact that nothing will turn the laser on but contact with the skin would convince this egotistical, customer unfriendly representative of K&D, and we parted ways for good.
    Anyway, we were fast approaching an Obama-nation so I channeled my holster funds toward buying an AK-47.
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

Sorry for the mistake!

I'm still waiting on the first inquiry emails back from most holster makers. Not a fast reply bunch. I'd be happy with Tuckers Cover Up IWB, D.M. Bullard's IWB Tuckable for PF-9, High Noon's Closing Argument, or HBE's Pro TL.

Looks like I'll have to do an off the rack until more demand.

Thanks Onetuza.

/neil

Quote Originally Posted by 1upyorn View Post

Looks like I'll have to do an off the rack until more demand.
    I'm confused. How will an off the rack fit unless you pull out some of the stitches to allow it to open up more for the RSS laser?
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

It's a cursor move away...
    Go to the top of the page...'Related Links'
    Search out Fist holsters...

They have lots of tuckables.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm confused. How will an off the rack fit unless you pull out some of the stitches to allow it to open up more for the RSS laser?
    I was referring to a universal type nylon. I haven't purchased the RSS, so still could go their earlier armalaser model or decide on the crimson trace as it's released later this year. Jury's still out on the activation type of laser that will suit my needs best.

Great forum and I look forward to sticking around and contributing.

cheers,
    /neil

me
    Did Erik not say back in post #9 that if he had the laser he could do it and you said the same thing about Nate?

If you want a holster for this gun so bad part with the laser for a week or so and get the dang holster!

I have not yet purchased from K&D but plan to in the future and have never had any problem getting answers out of our holster makers. Yes, sometimes they take a month to come but I realize they are one person shops and if anyone wants a holster it is in OUR best interest that they make holsters more than answer the phone or emails.

In Peace
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    "...and Tucker Gunleather. The third one, K&D, got into an argument with me about the holster needing a standoff screw to keep the pressure of the holster from turning on the laser. No amount of explanation from me or the laser maker, to the fact that nothing will turn the laser on but contact with the skin would convince this egotistical, customer unfriendly representative of K&D..."
    Kevin at K&D's a friend of mine. He's always been a straight-shooter (man of his word), and always done quality work delivered as closely as possible to promised times. I've also communicated many times with Rob at Tucker Gunleather. He's also a straight-up, prompt-responding guy. In fact, I own only four holsters I didn't make--two are Tucker's, one's a K&D, and the third's a Bianchi.

Have you considered the possibility that you might be the problem?

Sponsor

Tucker response to emails

Onetuza,
    I remember our discussion and it's my recollection that I responded to all your emails. Why wouldn't I?

I must assume some of your emails to me didn't make it to my inbox. Whatever the reason, I'm sorry that the system failed us.

Good luck in finding what you want.

Rob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links