Belt issues

This is a discussion on Belt issues within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok hopefully im posting in the right place. I am wondering how guys with a bit of a belly on them deal with belt buckles. ...

Thread: Belt issues

Belt issues

Ok hopefully im posting in the right place. I am wondering how guys with a bit of a belly on them deal with belt buckles. When i wear my setup a crossbreed and a nice thick leather belt i never worry about the holster it feels great.
    The belt buckle on the other hand good lord it digs into me leaving soars if i dont continually move it throughout the day. I have to deal with sitting alot as i work on computers.
    Also i have small belts with small smooth buckles but even those will get to me.

how do you guys deal with this issue or am i just an oddity?

2. Remove Ads

Ranger

You might try a "ranger" style belt, as the buckle and the end of the belt with the holes are narrower in width and sewn onto the wider belt.
    U.S. Army Veteran

A lot of guys I worked aircraft with buckled off to the side so they would not scratch skins if the leaned against them.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Well, you could do like I am attempting to do and lose the belly. You will be in better shape to boot.

However, I feel your pain and can only suggest a smaller buckle or a belt as mentioned before that has taper or turn the buckle to the side a bit.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Well, you could do like I am attempting to do and lose the belly. You will be in better shape to boot.

However, I feel your pain and can only suggest a smaller buckle or a belt as mentioned before that has taper or turn the buckle to the side a bit.
    Yea i am trying this whole lose the tire thing out. about 3 years ago i was around 30 pounds lighter with a good gym partner but she ended up getting preg and then boom i got a bigger gut but we are back at it and hopefully it will be gone in a few months

I'm not sure what you consider a 'big' buckle. I have several Looper Leather belts...I have a gut...no problems.
    Now I can't see my buckle...I know it's there...but not uncomfortable.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I also have a gut and i use a wilderness belt. Never even feel the buckle! Give em a try.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Wear an undershirt tucked in your pants so when you sit, the buckle doesnt touch your skin. I find that my VM2 is much more comfortable and I dont get the belt buckle "pinch" if I wear an undershirt. YMMV
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

1943 - 2009
    You might also consider a belt that is secured with Velcro® instead of a metal buckle.

They are sold by Don Hume Leathergoods, among many others.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by pistola View Post
    You might try a "ranger" style belt, as the buckle and the end of the belt with the holes are narrower in width and sewn onto the wider belt.
    +1 on the ranger belts!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Links