Ideas on where to mount my XD Gear holster in my truck

This is a discussion on Ideas on where to mount my XD Gear holster in my truck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; got a '96 dodge ram that I would like to mount this xd gear holster in (since I don't use it for anything else. I ...

Thread: Ideas on where to mount my XD Gear holster in my truck

Ideas on where to mount my XD Gear holster in my truck

got a '96 dodge ram that I would like to mount this xd gear holster in (since I don't use it for anything else. I was thinking mounting it belt side against the dash to the lower right of the steering wheel.

(My camera is broken so here is my wonderfully drawn (in paint) rendering of my truck's dash layout)

The only issue with this is that its not concealed to the passenger and its in a slightly odd position--ie I have to put my hand out palm side up to grab it; instead of a handshake grab of it..which would be ideal.

These are two minor problems since A: I would only be using it on longer trips when/if my gun started jabbing my side to badly. B. I probably wouldn't use it with a passenger in the car unless it was a 100% trusted person (ie: family).

Any other nifty places I could put it? I'm sure some of you have done some cool things with you guns.

**BTW I don't wanna spend any money. I just want to use my XD gear holster for something and I want a fun project to work on. So, please don't suggest I buy a special vehicle holster**

2. Remove Ads

Is your seat a solid bench? I have put my Glock between the drivers and middle seat in my truck and if you reach for it you look like you are going to undo your seat belt(good for a carjacking situation). I will be back on this thread as i am interested in what others have done as well.

It is a bench but its not solid. [DrvrSeat][CenterandPassengerseat]

The gap between the two is pretty small. Im not sure where I would mount the holster either, but thats a good idea.

edit: Upon further review, the ruling on the field stands. It's not feasible to mount the holster there. ;)

Kavity,

I've toyed with the idea of mounting a Blade Tech in my truck for my carry gun too but dismissed it after I couldnt figure out exactly where I wanted to put it. Instead I just put it in a soft Uncle Mikes between my seat and my center console. It fits very snug and doesnt budge on nasty roads. Plus its right next to the seat belt release so if I need to grab it fast, its right there. No fuss, no mess and it doesnt leave a telltail clue.
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

Tranny tunnel

Screwed a lefty to the driver side of my tanny tunnel. Blocked the back out to provide clearance for a full gripped draw. I only use it when i am in the truck for awhile but it is an easy draw.

I have a 94 Ram so I think our dash's are the same. Maybe make a right angle bracket and attach it to the underside of the dash under the radio area?
    Or run a strap around the front of your middle seat and hang a holster on the front of the middle seat. You could position it low enough that with out the gun, and the arm rest down, it wouldn't be noticable. You could even keep a hat in the cab to hang on the holster when you get out to further conceal it. Like a cheap trucker hat with the mesh back.

So, so you have the crappy cup holders up high, or do you have the newer style at the bottom?
    I like my solvent and my lubricant for my guns to rhyme, so I use Gasoline and Vasoline.

From Pennsylvania? www.pafoa.org

Links