Done Waiting!!!

This is a discussion on Done Waiting!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I am officially done waiting on my MaxCon V. I checked the mail at my apartment complex today and to my surprise I found ...

Thread: Done Waiting!!!

me [OP]

Thumbs up Done Waiting!!!

Well I am officially done waiting on my MaxCon V. I checked the mail at my apartment complex today and to my surprise I found a Large box Key (meaning a package). I was pretty suprised since I was not expecting anything but when I opened up the box I saw the return address tag and got really excited

I paid at the time of ordering, since i was afraid I would not have had the money when the time came to pay (Broke college student then, Broke Pastor Now) so there was no reason for Remy to tell me it was coming.

I LOVE IT, it needs to be broken in but I love it and it was worth the wait. I am thankful Gary and Remy took the time to work with me and were willing to let me pay upfront because as expected i was broke the week i would have needed to pay.

See Below<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    The fit is so tight that you can see the Smith and Wesson Seal on the holster where the slide sits.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Oh my... that's purdy!

I'm still waiting on mine, not too much longer I hope. Congratulations!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Congratulations. Nice leather. The wait appears to have been worth it!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Congratulations! The MaxCon V is my favorite IWB, I own three of them now. I use three layers of wax paper wrapped around my guns to break them in and they're usually ready in just a few hours - I use extra layers for mag pouches as I prefer them a little more loose. Anyway, after the wax paper treatment I do several practice draws and make sure the fit and retention is where I want it. Give it about three days to a week to form to the curves of your body and you'll love that MaxCon even more, they just get more comfortable with use.
    Jack

The MaxCon V is without a doubt my favorite holster out of my box o' holsters. Enjoy it. I just wish Gary made a tuckable version.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    The MaxCon V is without a doubt my favorite holster out of my box o' holsters. Enjoy it. I just wish Gary made a tuckable version.

Tuckable? That would be a great idea, because the holster is very thin it would be perfect for tucking in without a huge buldge.

If you don't mind me asking, how long was your wait?
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Nice looking leather...great body protector, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nice that it was finally delivered. I hope all the others still waiting on promised orders will be as fortunate.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

new holster

congrads on your new holster.

carry on and be safe.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Congratulations on your purchase!

I don't have a box o' holsters because I've not needed more than my Max-Con V. Yes, the belt loops are thin, but incredibly tough. It has worn very well. It's narrow profile conceals extremely well and very comfortably. Enough so that I can carry a Sig P226ST all day and almost forget it is there. The cant makes drawing a full-size service pistol easy and natural, and combined with the loop design also makes it possible to draw quickly and easily from a seated position. I have run, dived and rolled in mine, and never lost my weapon, even though it has no strap.

Yes, I had to wait nearly two years to receive mine, and yes, there were broken promises, but when Gary delivered, he delivered a fantastic product in spades. And when a foster Greyhound surfed the kitchen table and snarfed my mag carrier within 24 hours of receipt, Gary sent me a replacement free of charge within 48 hours - something I neither requested nor expected. When I called, I was expecting to pay for another. Mine was the first P226 rail that Gary did, and in retrospect, it was worth the wait, and the wait was less than if I had ordered from some other custom makers. My P226 disappears behind regular business slacks, and under clothing that isn't several sizes too large. Gary did well by me.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

How long was the wait ??

me [OP]
    Sorry for the delayed response, to the best of my memory my order was placed Late Feb/ Early March 07. I did my best to forget I had ordered it so that i did not get my hopes up as to when it came and figured i already payed for it i can forget about it and someday it will show up.

I have not had much time to use it yet, heck have not even had time to break it in this week.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

It's really fun to get those kind of boxes waiting for you , isn't it. I got home to find a Fed-Ex notice, and went and picked up my Springfield EMP after they worked on it. Now, I can't wait to go to the range.

Nice looking, makes me want one for my EMP.

Links