Blister from holster/gun?

This is a discussion on Blister from holster/gun? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently started taking long walks after we put the kids down for the night and of course, the G23 in a Crossbreed IWB comes ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blister from holster/gun?

Blister from holster/gun?

I recently started taking long walks after we put the kids down for the night and of course, the G23 in a Crossbreed IWB comes with me. This is the first time I've walked with a gun CC.

I noticed some irritation after thee first night and tried a couple of band-aids (as you can see by the red outline). But, it looks like I missed the spot as now I have a nice blister.

Anyone else get this from their holster or gun?

Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

2. Remove Ads

are you allergic to something that either the holster or gun cleaning chemicals are absorbing into your skin when you sweat
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I'd say an undershirt is in order. I think most wear one when they carry.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I always wear an IWB against bare skin and have never experienced that, one reason I prefer Mark Garrity's Incognito Deluxe which has the part resting against the body covered with suede. Maybe try some moleskin available at any pharmacy? Should do the trick! Just stick it on the part rubbing the skin and you should be good to go.

I typically wear an undershirt, but even when I don't I have never had that happen to me and I use the SuperTuck myself. I have even work it under my tool belt at a construction site against bare skin with no worries.

BTW, I got the horsehide for better sweat protection. What is yours made of, do you sweat a lot (I do)?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

I got whatever skin was the natural hide at the time - about a year ago.

As for an undershirt, it's Phoenix guys. It's starting to get cool with a high of 100F today. Yesterday it was 107F?

And no I'm not allergic to anything and I don't think I sweat anymore than most people. I may just have to get a bigger bandage.

:(

Ouch, that sucks. Since your in Pheonix an undershirt probably isn't the funnest idea. Try a "wifebeater" or Under Armour. I live in Dallas and when it's 110 I try to sport a wifebeater and a moisture wicking golf shirt.

Nick.

You need a barrier. I would use a sweat wicking wife beater sold at target/walmart etc for under 10.00. Wash them in Oxyclean as washing the really sweaty ones in regular detergent did not de funk them for me. This oxy tip was shared with me by a couple of army guys who wear sweat wicking
    t shirts every day unde their ACU

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Wearing an undershirt stopped this problem in its tracks!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I am 6'3" 260# carry a G30 in a supertuck or Bianchi 100. The grip texture sometimes grabs my spare tire and rubs it against the edge of the leather. I have got a slight callous on this spot. It causes me no discomfort, but I only noticed it a couple days ago and spent time trying to discover the cause.
    It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

It sounds like the wifebeater is the best solution for me. Back to Wally World.

Thanks guys.

What you experienced is one reason I started making my own holsters. I needed the side guard for my spare tire protection. Also, have an undershirt helps a ton.

With full side guard protection and undershirt to allow the holster/gun to move across your skin it will work out much better.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

All my Fist holsters have a body protector...I always wear a T-shirt under a Hawaiian shirt...if I'm wearing just a T-shirt, then I wear a 'wife beater' under the T-shirt.

I've never had a problem, and the weather can be pretty sticky down here.

Stay armed...protect the skin...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Try a little mole skin on the backside of the holster where its touching your side, this should stop your irritation. Otherwise, do as others tell you, wear an undershirt.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

WTH is moleskin? If I can find it, I'll try it.

Also I think it may be the butt of the gun that is causing the blister I'm not sure.

I'll just try a band aid to cover up the blister and wear a wifebeater for tonight's walk and see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    Try a little mole skin on the backside of the holster where its touching your side, this should stop your irritation. Otherwise, do as others tell you, wear an undershirt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links