IWB Tuckable Holster that DOESN'T show? - Page 2

IWB Tuckable Holster that DOESN'T show?

This is a discussion on IWB Tuckable Holster that DOESN'T show? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You can try a thinner holster has suggested and see if that helps. I think one of thinnest would be the Crossbreed Super Tuck. It ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You can try a thinner holster has suggested and see if that helps. I think one of thinnest would be the Crossbreed Super Tuck. It has a leather back and single sided kydex holster body, it has a clip on each side of the gun, which will add to stability and also reduces the thickness of the gun and holster set up, in contrast to those holsters with double leather sides & their attachment points over the gun. Mtac is also a similar holster, but it has a thicker leather back, which I find more comfortable. Either one might work and each allow for a trial period. If it does not work for you, send it back for a refund, less the shipping. Better than tossing it the holster box, never to be seen or used again, until, your heirs dispose of it at an estate sale.

Crossbreed also makes a MINI tuck which fits the RUGER LCP/ Keltec P3AT. They are both thin, small , lightweight .380's. You may find such a set up is easier to " tuck " to you. I have the Comptac Mtac for my G27, but do not tuck it. I also have the Mini Tuck for my LCP, which I use, when not pocket carrying. I've not used it tucked, as I find the draw from a tucked holster awkward. Just have not made the effort to learn it, as IWB and pocket carry work well for me. Look at the MEGA LINK holster page to check out some of the leather crafters and their holsters.

Ok...So a lot of reading/researching etc and I'm down to 3 choices:

1) Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC
    2) High Noon Split Decision (though it doesn't look like a deep tuck on this one?)
    3) Crossbreed Super Tuck

Which of these would have the LEAST bulge with a Glock 26?

I know a lot of you recommended getting a thinner gun, but it's just not in the cards so to speak to do that. Maybe down the road, but not right now.

The Comp or Crossbreed will be slimmer than the Highnoon.

Slimmest would be a BladeTech, set at 90* and carried appendix (as was your initial inclination.) Carries more conveniently up front and slimmer.

If Dunlop's disease makes appendix hard, might be a good time to start working on it.

Tuckable Holster

I have a Comp Tac M that I use for my Glock 23. It works.
    You have to ensure you place the grip/holster in a place where it doesn't look obvious. Some body types won't be able to pull it off with certain firearms... no one is alike. What works for me, may not work for you.
    I have found that is one of the hardest part of being a holster maker.

Quote Originally Posted by sdgmcdon View Post
    Ok...So a lot of reading/researching etc and I'm down to 3 choices:

1) Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC
    2) High Noon Split Decision (though it doesn't look like a deep tuck on this one?)
    3) Crossbreed Super Tuck

Which of these would have the LEAST bulge with a Glock 26?

I know a lot of you recommended getting a thinner gun, but it's just not in the cards so to speak to do that. Maybe down the road, but not right now.
    I own #1 & #3. Out of those, the one that is the thinnest is the Crossbreed.

I use Galco USA and UDC at 3:30. I've carried a G23 6 days a week for 2 years with no issues whatsoever.

I use the crossbreed supertuck with an xd40sc so it is basically about the same size as the g26. I wear shirts that are my size so they dont really fit too loose and I can manage to conceal as long as I "blouse" the shirts after I tuck them in. Have you considered a belly band? I have a galco belly band and it works great when I dont want to wear the supertuck. Good luck! Whatever you choose remember to always be armed and ready.

I wear a comptac minotaur with a 5" XD .45. One of the great things about it is the clips are away from the pistol and the ability to adjust the cant. Cant the holser so the grip is against your waist and blouse the shirt a little and only someone who is really into symmetry will notice that you are thicker on one side than the other.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

I recently had to use the tucking ability of my Supertuck all day with my SR9. Though the actual tucking part is a pain (bathroom trips, quite annoying), the holster did its job well. Once I did get the shirt tucked, the rig was as comfortable as always, and completely concealed.

-JT

In this picture, I have my R-9 in an H.B.E. Pro TL Tuckable. It doesn't show how well it's truly hidden--and I don't have to wear the cell phone cover when wearing dark clothes.
    Attached Images

I wear my SuperTuck tucked everyday with either my S&W 469 or Sig P239 and it works great and is comfortable as well. I use v-clips along with a Crossbreed gun belt with the velcro sewn in and they are very secure. Even when using the bathroom I never worry that the holster or gun will fall off my belt or pants.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

I have been carrying IWB for years but discovered the MINOTAR about a year and a half ago. I had looked at the Tucker Answer but didn't want to wait the 12 weeks that it took to get one. I found the Minotar and the Crossbreed supertuck. I liked the concept and happened to get the Minotar. Any of the three mentioned should perform the task you want very well.

The smartcarry doesn't require you to wear your pants like that. You can wear it anywhere you want as long as you're not sagging like Lil Wayne.

A comp-tac CTAC or MTAC with V-Clips is very concealable. No clips show.

I carry a G19 in an M-Tac @ ~3 o'clock. It is highly adjustable - I've got the grip set just barely above the belt line (just high enough to be able to get a good grip) and canted about 30 degrees. When the gun is in the holster, this means the end of the grip and the end of the frame near the muzzle would be connected by a vertical line between the two... This keeps the grip as close as possible to my side and, with the muzzle pointed back as far as it is, really helps to diminish the 'bulge'.

I've found that 3 o'clock works best if you spend any time driving or sitting in chairs shaped anything like a car seat, but 3:30-4:00 is actually more comfortable and hides even better.

As far as blousing goes, I just get everything tucked in, then raise my arms over my head. This will naturally pull the tucked in shirt out a decent amount, and unless you never raise your arms any higher than John McCain, you're going to end up 'blousing' your shirt that much anyway. My wife knows exactly where it is and can't see it unless she looks very hard, and I haven't been questioned on it while out and about, even by the folks I hang out with in the carry community here.

I can't speak to any other holsters - the M-Tac is all I've used - but I can say for sure that it works very well. I don't think you'd be disappointed with it. And besides, the G26 should hide even better than my G19.

Congrats on your soon-arriving permit!
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

I ordered the M-Tac the other day, wasn't sure about the clips, looked briefly, couldn't see an example of the velcro clips and of the other two the c clips looked to be the least noticeable, so got it with those. Problem is the smallest width they had was 1.25 inchs and most of my belts are 1.10 inches, so not sure how that's going to work...but I figure with the clip going over the beltline of the pants and the belt over that, shouldn't be a problem...Still worried about the buldge though. Got my CHL finally and have been carrying only when I can dress down a bit (untucked shirt) using a $13 uncle mikes IWB holster...so far so good there...now I just need that tuckable :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links