IWB Tuckable Holster that DOESN'T show?

This is a discussion on IWB Tuckable Holster that DOESN'T show? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am still awaiting my CHL to arrive, however in the meantime I have purchased my carry pistol, Glock 26 and while I was getting ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IWB Tuckable Holster that DOESN'T show?

IWB Tuckable Holster that DOESN'T show?

I am still awaiting my CHL to arrive, however in the meantime I have purchased my carry pistol, Glock 26 and while I was getting it I also purchased the only IWB tuckable holster they had at the store which is a Galco Gunleather IWB Tuckable marked for use with a Glock 26.

Sure I can tuck in my shirt, but it's kind of difficult to explain (cause you can't hide it) the belt line that mysteriously bulges out a LOT over the pistol no matter where I try to put it (tried front seems to be best, but I'm in the car a lot and that only works if you either don't sit a lot or wear your pant/belt line up by your belly button, which I don't wear them that way and I do sit a lot in the car).

So...I'm going to *TRY* to return this one, if they don't take it back I suppose I can use it not tuckable when I am wearing shirts that don't need to be tucked in. I still need to find a tuckable IWB that doesn't have this problem (if it even exists) for a Glock 26.

Any recommendations?

I know about the smart carry, but I've eliminated that because it also requires wearing your pant/belt line high up just under your belly button and I'll never wear my pants like that; so that's unfortunately not an option for me.

Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I think perhaps you'd be better tucking with a thinner platform, like a compact 1911. Is a coat and shoulder rig something you'd consider? Some guns just aren't meant to be tucked IMO.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I tuck shirts around my 1911 Gov't in a Comptac C-TAC. I have the standard clips. I've never been questioned as to the function of the black clips whether I wear my black or coyote belt.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

"Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I use two iwb tuckable holsters, one Desantis Tuck This for a Bersa Thunder, and a Crossbreed Super Tuck for my Taurus Mil Pro Pt 111. Both work good, but require that you blouse your shirts, and I also choose to wear my cell phone case just in front of the largest buldge of the tucked gun, to conceal a bit of the buldge. This is done with either 501's or dress slacks.

Not knowing your body type/build and how you tuck your shirts etc. this is going to be a hard one to fix.

You can look through the post of pictures of how people carry and see what it looks like on other people with different guns/holsters/methods.

You might have to change holsters, gun or means of carry.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I have been wearing tuckable holsters for years. You now have a hunk of iron on your hip, or wherever so there will be a bulge, and a clip over your belt. What did you expect? Here are a couple things to do. After tucking in my shirt I pull it part way out all around so it kind of billows over the belt. I wear dark or print shirts; they hide the outline of a gun better than white or light colored shirts. I clip my cell phone right next to the belt clip of the holster so the holster’s clip is better hidden, it blends into the phone. I wear the gun at about 4:00 not directly on the hip; there is less of a bulge that way. I also realize that the vast majority of people are not looking; this includes cops, and they could care less. It is not on their radar screen of things to look for.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Perhaps some others that routinely " tuck " their guns who can help you with this. I've tried using tuckables before and there was no way for me to hide the apparent BULGE the gun made and the belt clips. It was always obvious something was being hidden. It was also slow for me to get to the gun. A G26 is a fairly wide pistol to try to carry that way. But, I suppose it depends on the holster being used, the gun being carried and body shape of the person carrying it. You may want to try a smaller/thinner gun, if tucked is your only carry option. when I can't carry my G27 in my IWB Mtac with an untucked shirt or other cover garment, then I carry my Keltec in a pocket or my SW 642 J frame, also in a pocket. I also have a Smart Carry I use at times, but you've already said that conflicted with your style of dressing. Sometimes you have to change your style and wardrobe in order to be able to carry your gun. I've made a few changes to accommodate it. Good luck.

Congratulations! You have your first entry for your drawer-full-O-holsters! Mine is only half full,....but I'm workin on it! I'm 6' and 210 lbs and wear a Springfield XD-9 Sub Compact (similar in weight/size to your Glock 26) IWB with a Crossbreed SuperTuck deluxe at about the 2:59 position (just in front of the hip bone). It practically disappears but isn't ALWAYS the most comfortable when driving. This works fairly well for me but I'm always looking for that next "perfect" rig. Good luck in your search. There ought to be a holster "library program" on DefensiveCarry.com where we can "check out" all sorts of holsters to try out. Kind of like NetFlix, but for holsters.
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

I also had a G-26 for carry but just couldn't make it feel right. Now it sits in a night stand like a good Trooper on duty while I carry my new S & W 642 which is a perfect carry. It sits at about 9 o'clock inside a tucked shirt. No one is the wiser.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I think you would be better served by trading the Glock for a 1911 Officers pistol. The 1911 is an inherently thinner pistol. I think the Glock 36 is the thinnest one they build? My wife, who knows where I carry, cannot tell I'm carrying at all. The 1911 officer platform conceals very well.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

You''re getting a good start. i have 15 holsters at this time. ican not carry a g26 tucked in the summer. I can carry a cw9 and it doesn't show. keep the g26 really good gun and buy something smaller for when you can't hide the g26. good luck
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by sdgmcdon View Post
    I am still awaiting my CHL to arrive, however in the meantime I have purchased my carry pistol, Glock 26 and while I was getting it I also purchased the only IWB tuckable holster they had at the store which is a Galco Gunleather IWB Tuckable marked for use with a Glock 26.

Sure I can tuck in my shirt, but it's kind of difficult to explain (cause you can't hide it) the belt line that mysteriously bulges out a LOT over the pistol no matter where I try to put it (tried front seems to be best, but I'm in the car a lot and that only works if you either don't sit a lot or wear your pant/belt line up by your belly button, which I don't wear them that way and I do sit a lot in the car).

So...I'm going to *TRY* to return this one, if they don't take it back I suppose I can use it not tuckable when I am wearing shirts that don't need to be tucked in. I still need to find a tuckable IWB that doesn't have this problem (if it even exists) for a Glock 26.

Any recommendations?

I know about the smart carry, but I've eliminated that because it also requires wearing your pant/belt line high up just under your belly button and I'll never wear my pants like that; so that's unfortunately not an option for me.

Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I feel your pain! I know exactly what your problem is. And just like most of what the members are saying, you're G-26 is just too thick. But there's hope. Trust me, I've experimented with a lot of holsters including "Tuckable" ones. And because I currently have a P2000SK, which is also thick and could possibly be thicker than your G-26, the solution is getting a "Thin" holster. My recommendation is the "Split Decision" by HighNoon. They are very thin. But, the only downside is you won't have the ability to reholster with one hand. This may not be important to you, since what matters most is to truly conceal your weapon (without the buldge).

Split Decision:

I got tempted and bought this holster called "Closing Argument" also by HighNoon. This is the full leather version of "Split Decision". The only color available is Tan. So this is a custom request to have it made in black. Anyway, because it's the full leather version, it's still too thick when used with my P2000SK, so I just use it as an IWB. The nice thing about this holster is the ability to reholster with one hand.

Here's another one I would recommend. It's called "Cover-Up" by Tucker Gunleather. Also thin with additional features of adjusting the cant and height. Check it out.
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Have you thought about pocket carry? I've tried tuckables, but ran into the same problem as you, the "unsightly bulge". I carry my Glock 26 (as I've said so many times in other posts), in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. Using the Nemesis, there's a slight bulge, but it doesn't look like a gun, and no one notices. Of course, it means that I have to put all of my keys, etc, in my left side pocket, which is a little inconvenient. , but it's not a terrible . Give it some thought, or even a try. The holsters aren't expensive (I saw briefly $16-$17 on a quick search, looking at the first few listings. Best of luck. you may find a new method of carry.

Quote Originally Posted by sdgmcdon View Post
    I still need to find a tuckable IWB that doesn't have this problem (if it even exists) for a Glock 26.
    The holster can add volume to the buldge - usually because they mount their belt attachments at the biggest area of the holster - which just makes it too thick.

But my Glock is always too thick for tucking and no cover. It does work great tucked (using a Crossbreed) and some type of a cover garment.

This is why I also have (among other guns) a Kel-Tec PF9. It is about the thinnest gun one will find in a 9mm and tucks & conceals much better than the Glock. But I think you need a different gun when tucking is required.

I carry a commander size 1911 or a XD 40. I started using an Safepacker.
    It's comfortable and no one knows whats in it. I don't have to worry about printing. I ride a hog and I don't worry about my vest blowing up by the wind and showing the world what I have. Its makes life easier.
    Old Paratrooper
    Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una
    (Fortune or Misfortune is all the same to a man of stout heart)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links