Milt Sparks VM2 for Glock 19

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks VM2 for Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone use one of the VM2 holsters for a G19? I have searched this and other forums and have come up with so many varying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milt Sparks VM2 for Glock 19

Milt Sparks VM2 for Glock 19

Anyone use one of the VM2 holsters for a G19? I have searched this and other forums and have come up with so many varying answers.

I figured it's better to ask about a specific gun model for a response. I am about 5'9" and 160lbs (losing some weight though) if that makes a difference. How would a VM2 compare to an MTAC? Granted both have their following and I'm well aware of that based on my own searching through the forum.

I've heard it all. From "the vm2 is god's gift to ccw" to "the VM2 rides too high for me" to "the vm2 works for full sized guns but not so much for compact". There's a variety of opinions on this design, and with good reason.

Anyway, what's your opinion. This has been asked over and over, but not specific to the Glock 19/23 that I've seen. If anyone has a picture that can show me how it rides that would be most appreciated.

Help me decide whether I should buy this holster or not. If not, i'll go with a Comp-Tac MTAC, but the VM2 is my first choice if I can be assured it will be worth it for me. Rather not hassle with reselling.

Thank you in advance...great forum here btw

2. Remove Ads

I'm about 5'9" 170lb and the VMII sticks out like a sore thumb on me. The MTAC and CTAC's are adjustable. I use the CTAC with the leather tabs reversed so it rides very low and conceals great. Sold the VMII the first week i got it. I don't see the fuss with it accept that it is a work of art. Very nice leather holster. If you gotta have leather look into a dakota defender by K&D holsters. He uses the same clips as Comptac so his holsters are adjustable and the leather quality is "work of art" quality to me.
    Attached Images

It's not the holster, it's the bulk of the Glock.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

That's the information I was looking for. Thanks much. Being that with a larger frame the gun prints with a VM2 it seems that for me it would not be a good investment. Going for the MTAC. These 2 (VM2 and MTAC) have the most respected following that I've found so I sorta made my choices based on that.

That Dakota Defender looks nice also. Might look into that one at a later date.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    It's not the holster, it's the bulk of the Glock.
    The gun isn't that big really...people carry SIGs all day. Heck, I have a couple HKs that are bigger than the Glock and I know people who carry them.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I cant comment on the Glock, but, I own both a VM2 and an MTAC. I carry a 1911. The MTAC is thinner and seems to carry lighter on the hip. The draw is faster from the MTAC than the VM2. The VM2 is a much more solid platform and is very well crafted, it will last me a lifetime for sure. Comfort is almost equal. Pro's and Con's ?? ... I like them both equally but carry mostly with the MTAC as I like to tuck in my shirts.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

The VM2 was not for me. It is a very high quality OWB holster fitted with some loops or clips for IWB. It is a very nice looking holster. But compared to the Crossbreed or the MTAC - it was not even close in comfort. If you want a tad bit more concealment and comfort - go with the Crossbreed over the MTAC.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Anyone use one of the VM2 holsters for a G19? I have searched this and other forums and have come up with so many varying answers.

I figured it's better to ask about a specific gun model for a response. I am about 5'9" and 160lbs (losing some weight though) if that makes a difference. How would a VM2 compare to an MTAC? Granted both have their following and I'm well aware of that based on my own searching through the forum.

I've heard it all. From "the vm2 is god's gift to ccw" to "the VM2 rides too high for me" to "the vm2 works for full sized guns but not so much for compact". There's a variety of opinions on this design, and with good reason.

Anyway, what's your opinion. This has been asked over and over, but not specific to the Glock 19/23 that I've seen. If anyone has a picture that can show me how it rides that would be most appreciated.

Help me decide whether I should buy this holster or not. If not, i'll go with a Comp-Tac MTAC, but the VM2 is my first choice if I can be assured it will be worth it for me. Rather not hassle with reselling.

Thank you in advance...great forum here btw

Funny that you should ask. I'm not trying to hijack your thread but I was going to start a similar one. I find the VM II to be the most comfortable holster that I own. I loved my MTAC but after wearing the VM II for over a month now I think it has the edge. It is very comfortable, conceals well, great retention and draw. I carry a G27 and I'm 5'10" 170#.

I was also wondering about the way it carrys with a G19/23. I wanted to carry my G19 yesterday so I did, in my Maxcon V. I have always thought it was a comfortable set up, but after carrying my G27 in a VM II, the G19 became bothersome after awhile.

I was considering getting another VM II for my 19/23. But if it was the weight of the gun and not the holster then I don't want to waste my money. Has anyone gone from a 26/27 to a 19/23 in a VM II and had any issues?

cmdrdredd, we're roughly the same size and my VM II conceals my G27 very well with just a t-shirt. Not an oversized t-shirt either. I'm anxious to hear about those who carry a 19/23 as well.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I have a VM2 that I bought and quite frankly do not like. It rides way to high for me. Makes the gun stick out.

Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    I have a VM2 that I bought and quite frankly do not like. It rides way to high for me. Makes the gun stick out.
    I've seen this comment more than once. What gun were you carrying if you don't mind me asking?

I guess it works for some and not for others. I would rather not spend $100+ on a "maybe i'll like it and it'll work" and then try to resell.

Haven't ordered anything yet...still undecided.

G19

I've seen this comment more than once. What gun were you carrying if you don't mind me asking?

I guess it works for some and not for others. I would rather not spend $100+ on a "maybe i'll like it and it'll work" and then try to resell.

I can't imagine a VM2 not working, but I guess it's a matter of preference.

My experience has been with carrying a SIG P229, which is a significant load in terms of both size and weight, and it's worked out just fine.

I would encourage you to order the VM2, since if you don't like it you will have no problem reselling it without any loss!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I will sell you mine. :)

lol well, i do happen to like the MTAC's ability to swap the kydex body out for a different gun.

That would make it versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    I would encourage you to order the VM2, since if you don't like it you will have no problem reselling it without any loss!
    In fact he would probably make a nice profit! There's a Commander VM2 + single mag pouch on eBay. Buy-It-Now price is $259, starting bid is $100. Direct from Sparks both would run $149, but the wait is what makes the available ones valuable. I have to admit I was tempted, but with a MTAC already ordered to tide me over, I'll probably just place my order with Sparks directly. I did put a Watch on the auction though, as I'm interested to see what it sells for.

If yours was for a Commander, I'd probably buy it from you!
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II • Colt Combat Commander • Glock 26 GNS • Ruger Mark III 22/45 • Kahr CW9 (sold)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links