Kahr PM9 holster

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9 holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got my Kahr PM9. like it a lot, story and review on weapons review thread. I have ordered a Milt Sparks holster after ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM9 holster

Kahr PM9 holster

I just got my Kahr PM9. like it a lot, story and review on weapons review thread. I have ordered a Milt Sparks holster after reading all the review here and elsewhere, but have a question. I normally always buy a Fobus as an alternate carry option, with suit, or quick add on as I leave the house wearing coat or vest. Are there any other good choices that allow quickly putting on, and also add some retention. The Fobus is perfect for quick, but retention is minimal. I looked at the black hawks but they do not make one for the Kahr. Also, reholstering must be easy and the kydex are perfect for that. Thanks for any ideas.....

2. Remove Ads

If you decide to pocket carry it some, check out this from StellarRigs.com. So flat, I can carry it in any pants front pocket, including dress pants without notice. "Reholstering" is a snap, clicks right in there without looking. As long as you have nothing else in that pocket, no chance of trigger snagging on anything as you slip it back in. Also fits in inside sport/suit coat breast pocket, but harder to draw quickly.

I was using a IWB for a while with the PM9, but found that for me, anything but pocket carry for such a small piece was overkill and extra hassle. And having the extra mag handy without any increase in overall size package is truly nifty.

- OS

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwankabaldi View Post
    I just got my Kahr PM9. like it a lot, story and review on weapons review thread. I have ordered a Milt Sparks holster after reading all the review here and elsewhere, but have a question. I normally always buy a Fobus as an alternate carry option, with suit, or quick add on as I leave the house wearing coat or vest. Are there any other good choices that allow quickly putting on, and also add some retention. The Fobus is perfect for quick, but retention is minimal. I looked at the black hawks but they do not make one for the Kahr. Also, reholstering must be easy and the kydex are perfect for that. Thanks for any ideas.....
    The last Fobus I purchased was for a KT P3AT. It has an adjusting screw for tension. I have not found Fobus paddle holsters to lack retention, but others may have. But the Evolution series should fit the bill.
    https://secure.fobusholster.com/cata...x.php?cPath=39

Comp-Tac makes excellent kydex holsters. I have three of their paddles, and like them. They are more expensive than Fobus.

Regards,
    Jerry

I use the galco M7X matrix it is my favorite holster it is also cheap ~ $20. I also have the leather holster that Kahr sells on there website that is made for the PM9 with Armalaser. It also works great as a pocket holster.
    Tom

I have IMG_2800.jpg Little Bear IWB It is working out very well. I got excellent service and a short wait time from Dave Galloway. also the Don Hume WAISTBAND CLIP-ON. and a DeSantis Nemesis for pocket carry

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I've got a Milt Sparks pocket holster for mine, not the quickest or cheapest option, but I like them. I am looking for more options (just got my PM9 a week ago).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Do a google images search for "kahr holsters" ... you'll see plenty of eye candy. Or check out the Kahr Club on Glock Talk ... they have a few galleries in there. Kahr Club - Glock Talk

Another nice option, in stock and not overly expensive, "Dual Carry" from D.M. Bullard. I have this same holster for Ruger SP101, really nice. I'm thinking of getting this for my Kahr also, even though I mainly pocket carry it, just because it's such a quality product for the bucks, and might want to IWB it some, too:

D.M. Bullard Leather Mfg. "Dual Carry" for Kahr PM-9/40

Detailed description at:
    Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.
    (down the page a ways)

Ohshoot... Ive got the exact DM bullard leather holster for my XD9sc. I also have a crossbreed supertuck, but I find myself using the dm bullard. It just slaps on so quick and easy. I bet that Kahr disappears nicely. The thickness of the xd I carry is a little much, but not uncomfortable at all. BTW , he also sells these on ebay. I tried my Sigma 9 in the same hoster yesturday, and it fit perfect. So that makes it even better.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    Ohshoot... Ive got the exact DM bullard leather holster for my XD9sc. I also have a crossbreed supertuck, but I find myself using the dm bullard. It just slaps on so quick and easy. I bet that Kahr disappears nicely. The thickness of the xd I carry is a little much, but not uncomfortable at all. BTW , he also sells these on ebay. I tried my Sigma 9 in the same hoster yesturday, and it fit perfect. So that makes it even better.
    Howdy...yeah, I bought the one for my Ruger through eBay, was five bucks cheaper; I notice now he (David Bullard) sells for same price on eBay as on his site. The Dual Carry for the Kahr wasn't on eBay, so ordered from his site.

Hey, XD9SC is a probable acquire for me at some point.
    Even though it's a "fat" piece, does it still conceal pretty well in the Dual Carry?

best,
    - OS

M.D. Bullard Dual Carry

I've been trying to find out how the dual carry holster is for holstering your gun when it is inside the pants. Does it stay open? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Don't purchase before you look through the Fist line of holsters...especially the kydex pocket holster with the 'thumb push' (excellent idea).

See the 'Related Links' above...search out Fist.

Stay armed...look at 'em all...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ctimgo View Post
    I've been trying to find out how the dual carry holster is for holstering your gun when it is inside the pants. Does it stay open? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    It will squeeze together when pistol is removed.
    How much depends on how tight your belt is and how low you have it adjusted.

You're not gonna 1 sec snap it back in there like with a Kydex or a reinforced mouth leather holster. However, once you practice a bit, you can reholster one handed once you get a feel for where the barrel needs to go, although I often use left hand also to help get it started. It's well molded to fit gun, so once you have first inch of barrel in, it slips down inside easily.

I have three, for Kahr PM9, Ruger SP101, and now for XD SC.
    The Kahr and Ruger I can pretty quickly pop back in there one handed, but the XD is a little tougher, because it is such a thick gun.

The leather is strong, but thin, which is good with an already thick gun like the XD, and I find the slight inconvenience well worth it, wouldn't want a reinforced top for a thick gun like this, and not crazy 'bout Kydex.

'Course, I don't much unholster while carrying anyway, unless I run into a gun buddy or something.

If speed tactical un/re holstering is part of your training or something, then I'd probably look elsewhere, but for the normal demands of civilian IWB, I really like it.

Hope this helps in your decision.
    - OS

Talking Thanks

Thanks for the info, it was very helpfull. I am going to order me one and I will let you know what I think.

Talking Reholstering with the D.M. Bullard Dual Carry

I was concerned about being able to reholster my xd-40 when practicing at the range or anywhere else. I guess I can just turn the clips around and use it outside the pants for that. That is one of the reasons that I like the design of the Dual Carry. It also looks to be made very well. I will let you know when it gets here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links