New Holster from K&D

This is a discussion on New Holster from K&D within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kevin is one of the best guys to work with! I have tried more than several custom holster makers and he has done the best ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Holster from K&D

Kevin is one of the best guys to work with! I have tried more than several custom holster makers and he has done the best overall job of craftsmenship, service, and price! He has done 3 for me so far and one is (hopefully) on the way!! I highly recommend him to anyone!! Check out the detail on this custom anaconda skin and did for me with my initials on it!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    High Altitude,

Sorry, but I don't have the stuff to be able to post a picture. However, it does pull in tight, essentially as tight as a pancake. That was a requirement for me to be able to use it. It is essential that the belt fit the loops, however. On a pancake the loops are placed so that even if the belt does not fit the loops well, the belt is placed in tension and it does not slide unless significant force is applied. I can wear my Rafter S 1.25" belts with my 1.5" pancake holsters. However, that is not the case with the Laredo as the belt is in a straight line with the individual loops. Hope that is reasonably clear.

I glued a piece of leather in each belt loop, and that solves the problem. The next Laredo I have made will be for the specific belt which I will sent to Kevin. That is not Kevin's fault as no one can guess the exact dimensions of the belt. A pancake does not present that problem to the same extent. I really like the Laredo and probably will get that next time instead of the Eagle. It is a difficult choice, and I am sure I would be pleased with either. Kevin's workmanship is top notch.

Jerry

i received my holsters from k&d 2 days ago. workmanship and fit are first rate. i'm in the middle of moving so i haven't been able to really try them out yet.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Jerry,

I've worn the original Laredo with 1", 1.25', and 1.5" belts all with good results. What issues where you having?
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Hey, I tried to send an e-mail via the website but I don't think it worked. Anyway, I was just curious on how long the wait would be if I ordered a holster. Your products look very good and the prices are reasonable. Thanks.

it has always been a 4-6 week wait when I have ordered!! Well worth it for truly custom work. I waited 15 weeks for my Milt Sparks holster so 4-6 is a piece of cake!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    it has always been a 4-6 week wait when I have ordered!! Well worth it for truly custom work. I waited 15 weeks for my Milt Sparks holster so 4-6 is a piece of cake!!
    Thanks, appreciate the info.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatEffective
    Jerry,

I've worn the original Laredo with 1", 1.25', and 1.5" belts all with good results. What issues where you having?
    The holster was not tight enough to prevent some shifting. I had made the point that the Rafter S belts were very thick. I had trouble with a 1.5 Rafter S and a Sparks pancake. The slots were 1.5 with no slack, and the belt was maybe 1.55 or so. The belt would not go through the slots. I sent the belt back and settled for a 1.25 inch belt. It works well with pancakes with 1.5 inch slots.
    Maybe Kevin made the loops slightly larger, and that accounted for the loose fit. I used a piece of belt leather in each of the loops, and that takes care of it. I could do that again, but I had rather send the belt, and let Kevin make the loops to fit since it is to be a gift.

It would have worked, but I do not want the holster to shift at all unless I use a lot of force. Again I want to stress that it is not Kevin's fault. On the Laredo the belt is in a straight line with both loops with little deflection. On the pancake the belt bends slightly due to the way it goes through the slots from the outside and then bends around the back of the holster, and then through the other slot from the inside and the area outside the loops causes a lot more friction than the straight shot the Laredo.

Jerry

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    OKay. I wanted to be able to wear mine with multiple width belts; so , I wanted the larger loops. I really don't notice any shifting.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Hello,
    I am not new to reading these boards but this is my first post. I am glad to hear you all singing the praises of Kevin and his work but request that for the time bieng you stop placing orders with him. That way he will have the time to make the two I ordered from him. You cooperation in this matter will be appreciated. :-)

Tim

Assistant Administrator
    Hi Tim - Haha - the old ''waiting game'' eh!! ''All (good) things come to he who waits'' - but it always sucks!

Welcome aboard to you
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Thumbs up Welcome Tim!

Don't forget to tell us how you like your holsters once they FINALLY arrive.

Nice try Tim but bet it wont work...

Welcome also

OK, one more question for you folks. I was looking at the Eagle Defender holster online the other day and saw the very nice looking eagle worked into the holster. The website said that there was an additional charge for that kind of work but didn't say how much. Anyone have an idea on approximately how much more the holster would cost with that kind of work done to it? And do the folks there do other designs? Thanks.

Assistant Administrator
    Tony, yes, nice one that - I have that for my SIG.

With the description on Kevin's site is a mention re extra costs for tooling and so an inquiry is way to go on that one.
    Note: the tooled eagle, or similar, is available at an additional cost. Please contact us if you're interested in having such a design added to your holster.
    So - best to ask Kevin.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links