Between belt & pants holster

This is a discussion on Between belt & pants holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After ordering and trying a Crossbreed Supertuck, I am realizing that I will probably always be wearing a loose fitting shirt over my holster anyway. ...

Thread: Between belt & pants holster

After ordering and trying a Crossbreed Supertuck, I am realizing that I will probably always be wearing a loose fitting shirt over my holster anyway. Since I couldn't get used to the supertuck, I experimented a little with my belt and my H&K USP 9MM compact and realized that its very comfortable to wear the weapon between my belt and the outside of my pants and with my current wardrobe, would be just as concealed. Therefore, I went on a search of the forums and found several links to these types of holsters, but was hoping you all might be able to point out others. Here is what I have so far:

Galco Jak Slide Holster
    NOSSAR GUNLEATHER
    K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories (Maverick Defender)
    Mirage
    Specialty
    Del Fatti BPB

I like the Galco Jak the best at this point, but they don't make it for my H&K. The K&D Maverick Defender also seems like a good choice, but wider and heavier (which is bad) and a really long wait time.

Please give me your thoughts and suggestions.

2. Remove Ads

I have a Del Fatti BPB for my Hk.

Quote Originally Posted by hayley View Post
    I have a Del Fatti BPB for my Hk.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I actually came across that earlier, but discounted it since he is not taking orders anymore. But I updated my list of links for completeness sake.

I have the Maverick Defender for my Ruger P345 and I really like it.

A good gun belt will take care of the heavy part by supporting the weight and not sag like other belts will do.

"I actually came across that earlier, but discounted it since he is not taking orders anymore"

My bad...I didn't know

I have a Fobus paddle holster, which is for the position you like. I also like that position but for a bigger guy in the summer makes it out of the question for me.

I just purchased a Black hawk IWB. For me that changed everything. I let my gun set in it after I sprayed it down with Balistrol (overnight).

I liked it for big reason is, I could try it before I buy it, and it was in stock at the gun shop.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Your choice might be determined by the wait times/availability of the holsters.

I am not sure why one would want the holster between the belt and pants unless you want an IWB holster and desire to wear it outside at times.

If you are going to wear it outside the pants all of the time, I cannot determine an advantage over a pancake. The pancake holds the gun very close to the body, and I think would be more comfortable. You might also find one readily available.

As has been mentioned, Del Fatti is not taking orders, and I think Alex Nossar's waiting list is long, but both are superb craftsmen, although I do not have one of Alex's holsters. On the waiting list, however.

Regards,
    Jerry

JAK slide

I have often used a Galco JAK slide in the past and it is a very useful holster. I have two of them, one that fits any 1911 and one that fits several thicker guns. Since the JAK is not form fitted, it tends to fit a variety of guns that are all about the same size. My "wider" JAK will fit a Glock 19, a Glock 23, a Sig P229, a Sig P226 and a H&K USP40c.

The advantage of the JAK is that the belt goes over the gun and presses it into your side, much as an IWB holster does. So the gun is tight against you, not hanging out from the side like some holsters do it. The holster is also minimal, so you aren't adding a lot of thickness or weight to your package.

One disadvantage is that it must lie between two belt loops, and sometimes that isn't exactly where you want the gun to be, depending on the exact pants you are wearing that day.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    My "wider" JAK will fit a Glock 19, a Glock 23, a Sig P229, a Sig P226 and a H&K USP40c.

Thanks for your post. Could you tell me specifically which JAK fits the H&K USP40c? I have a 9mm compact version of the same weapon and Galco has said they don't have a JAK that will fit it. If your 40 fits, I assume my 9mm would fit.

Thanks.

The Nossar is my pick. I think I'll look into one at a reverse cant for appendix carry.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Have you looked at Rossleather.com they call theirs a belt slide holster. Same principle but I have not seen one nor do I know anything about Ross. I came across them in my search for a holster for a Kimber Ultra Carry II. hope this helps

Have you looked at Rossleather.com theirs is the belt slide holster ?

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    One thing to consider, the only thing concealing your gun is your shirt. If somehow the shirt were to ride up, your muzzle area would be exposed. It might be comfortable, but does have it's disadvantages.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I'd only point out my dislike for any holster that does not cover the barrel and front sight.
    I would also have some concern for sitting down and possibly catching the barrel on a chair arm or puncture a leather seat.
    I see no advantage to inside the belt but not IWB...OMO...as mentioned already, perhaps you should consider a good pancake holster.

Stay armed...only you have to like the carry method...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links