Motorcycle CCW

Motorcycle CCW

This is a discussion on Motorcycle CCW within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying for 5 years or so now and almost always have something with me. Recently I started riding a motorcycle but am ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle CCW

Motorcycle CCW

I have been carrying for 5 years or so now and almost always have something with me. Recently I started riding a motorcycle but am concerned about it showing while I'm riding. Any one have any experience or advice on this?

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleJim View Post
    I have been carrying for 5 years or so now and almost always have something with me. Recently I started riding a motorcycle but am concerned about it showing while I'm riding. Any one have any experience or advice on this?
    Do a search and you will find multiple threads on this...

Rick

Lead Moderator
    Get a 3/4 length jacket or a long cover garment . Or use a shoulder rig.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Some people use a bag on the bike to hold their weapon when they ride. The only problem is if you want to holster it when you stop, people can see unless you're pretty far out of town.

I know a few guys whowear some type of jacket and button up at the bottom. They say it works, but in the summer it's hot. Too hot IMO.

If I were to start riding again, I would consider a shoulder rig or a Maxpedition bag. My wife has a Maxpedition and it works really well.

Others have mentioned Smart Carry.

1943 - 2009

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

On my Harley, I use a Fist #41 SOB (rides over the right kidney, not the spine) for my Glock-36. I have a backrest so the gun hides very well, even if I only have a T-shirt on...

Stay safe...Glocks and Harleys rock...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

M2
    Vertical shoulder holster under my leathers has worked great for me with my XD-45 Service. Easy to access, doesn't bother me while I am riding my sportbike and no problems printing. The only issue is I can't take my leather jacket off when I stop to eat or something. I also wear black t-shirts under my leathers to hid the rig a bit. I use a cheapo Uncle Mike's...

Cheers! M2

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check out some of the rigs and maybe a textile jacket with a removable liner. I'm looking forward to the end of the rainy season here and some nicer riding weather. I'll be out on my Suzuki M50, with my little friend.

My main carry is a Glock 23 OWB, when I'm traveling 'light' I pocket carry a S&W .38 but haven't done so on the bike for fear of the wind flashing the Glock to passer by's.

I carry a G26 IWB and a PA3T in my back pocket at all times. I just keep a T shirt or button up shirt untucked and it works just fine for me.

if your riding a cruiser anyways, you could get a leather vest, not really hot at all, and would make concealment a breeze.

I am also worried about this issue and not sure how i will conceal (bike is a CBR 900). My plan so far was to carry in my tail trunk which is pretty wide and ive never had a issue with it opening, and then carefully holster when arriving at destination, i feel if i stand behind the bike and doso it would be very unlikely for someone to notice, no moreso than someone looking for printing.

M2
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmash View Post
    if your riding a cruiser anyways, you could get a leather vest, not really hot at all, and would make concealment a breeze.

I am also worried about this issue and not sure how i will conceal (bike is a CBR 900). My plan so far was to carry in my tail trunk which is pretty wide and ive never had a issue with it opening, and then carefully holster when arriving at destination, i feel if i stand behind the bike and doso it would be very unlikely for someone to notice, no moreso than someone looking for printing.
    First of all...GO GATORS! Great game against Tennessee, wasn't it?!?

Secondly, one of my bikes is a CBR1000RR, and I wear a full set of Alpinestars. As mentioned above, I carry my XD-45 Service using an Uncle Mike's vertical shoulder holster. When leaned over riding it is comfortable, and when I get off the bike it's not that bad. Plus I prefer it being on my person versus in a tank bag (which I don't have on my CBR, but do on my other bike).

Plus, the biggest benefit of a vertical shoulder rig is that the gun is quickly accessible! Even with gloves on, I can unzip the jacket and draw the gun fairly well. Of course I would first try and get away from the threat; but if that's not possible I know I can use my weapon to defend myself.

Cheers! M2

As much as I hate to say it, perhaps a fanny pack is in order... unless you are riding a Harley in which case I think its illegal (j/k). As was said earlier a 3/4 length jacket or vest may be a good option too.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Lead Moderator
    I found a shoulder rig worked best for me, since I wear short length jackets while riding. I wear a light button down shirt for cover . Off body carry seems too risky for me. It's too easy to get separated from your ride.
    As mentioned in the Harley thread, ATGATT, ride safe out there.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I carry at 2:30-3:30 IWB on my motorcycle and never have issue.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links