Crossbreed Belts - who uses them?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Belts - who uses them? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Crossbrred holster and love it. I have never seen/read about anyone using their belts. Does anyone have experience with their belts. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed Belts - who uses them?

I have a Crossbrred holster and love it. I have never seen/read about anyone using their belts. Does anyone have experience with their belts. I don't mind paying a good price for a belt - but the beltman's is on the high end and well, they really do not look that great. They may function great - but a belt must look great. I am searching for a belt that not only functions well, but looks just as good.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Crossbreed belts are new to their line. They've been making them for several months, to my knowledge. They are two layers, one being Latigo, if my memory serves; the other being regular cowhide.

As far as looks. I think the Beltman's look just as good as any others. Sometimes pictures don't do justice. I personally wear my own daily, no matter what dress. From a suit to cargo shorts. It looks great in anything.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    I have a Crossbrred holster and love it. I have never seen/read about anyone using their belts. Does anyone have experience with their belts. I don't mind paying a good price for a belt - but the beltman's is on the high end and well, they really do not look that great. They may function great - but a belt must look great. I am searching for a belt that not only functions well, but looks just as good.
    The Beltman belts look awesome...just a picture can't show you the quality. Trust me, quality leather IS worth it. I've ordered one at the recommendation of a friend who uses one daily.

Anyone who builds custom, dual layer, leather belts will be high quality.

In doing research I noticed Bullman's and Mitch Rosen Belt line look very close - and their in stock or ready to ship tag lines are almost identical - anyone else notice this.

I am thinking I will just get the Beltman - everyone is probably correct regarding the pictures - I just need one that will look as a dress belt - not a gun belt. I just had such a good experience with my Crossbreed holster - I was thinking their belt might be a good choice.

In doing research I noticed Bullman's and Mitch Rosen Belt line look very close - and their in stock or ready to ship tag lines are almost identical - anyone else notice this.

I am thinking I will just get the Beltman - everyone is probably correct regarding the pictures - I just need one that will look as a dress belt - not a gun belt. I just had such a good experience with my Crossbreed holster - I was thinking their belt might be a good choice.
    If you want it to look like a dress belt get a tapered belt with a Gold(Brass) buckle. It will taper from 1.5" for example down to 1.25" or so at the buckle area and will look very dressy at a glance (useful if you tuck your shirt around the holster).

They aren't rugged looking like a cowboy action belt at all

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I have one and it is very nice. It replaced my Rafter S Gunleather belt, which was very nice as well, but I ordered it just a little too small.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I have been using these belts for a few weeks now, and I'm thoroughly impressed. Good looking, high quality belts all around.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

As you can see everyone has their own preference with belts. Just as we have our own preference with guns and/or holsters.

Buy what you like and what you think you can wear. Cause just like with the right holster, and right gun, if you're going to leave it at home becaue it's not comfortable or you just don't like it...then it's no good at all.

Crossbreed Belt

My first gun belt was a Gunners Ally belt. I Still wear it. I bought a Crossbreed belt after wearing a Crossbreed holster. The Crossbreed belt is thicker than my other gun belts. It is good looking and I can wear it with jeans, dockers or casual slacks and a sports coat. It carries a heavy gun such as a Browning Hi-Power better than lighter belts. I think it is money well spent.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

I'll chime in. I've been using a Crossbreed belt for several months now and really like it. They are double thickness which give them a lot of stability. I can easily carry two firearms without any discomfort. I had Mark sew in velcro so that I can use v-clips for maximum concealment. It is a thick belt so some of my slacks don't accommodate the belt as well as my normal pants do. One nice thing is the ability to switch out the belt buckle if you have a nicer one you want to use. I've stuck with the one that came with it.

For any belt you decide to order, correct measurement is KEY! Make sure you follow the directions for measuring for the belt.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ev239 View Post
    I'll chime in. I've been using a Crossbreed belt for several months now and really like it. They are double thickness which give them a lot of stability. I can easily carry two firearms without any discomfort. I had Mark sew in velcro so that I can use v-clips for maximum concealment. It is a thick belt so some of my slacks don't accommodate the belt as well as my normal pants do. One nice thing is the ability to switch out the belt buckle if you have a nicer one you want to use. I've stuck with the one that came with it.

For any belt you decide to order, correct measurement is KEY! Make sure you follow the directions for measuring for the belt.
    The pics on their (Crossbreed) website is very hard to tell. I am curious if you wear this with casual dress? Example, Casual slacks/pants/Nice Khakis and a button down shirt or a tucked polo. I may just order one from him (CB) because he still has the two week trial one these - although I hear a ton of good things regarding Beltman. I really do not want a belt drawer too.

The pics on their (Crossbreed) website is very hard to tell. I am curious if you wear this with casual dress? Example, Casual slacks/pants/Nice Khakis and a button down shirt or a tucked polo. I may just order one from him (CB) because he still has the two week trial one these - although I hear a ton of good things regarding Beltman. I really do not want a belt drawer too.
    You could always order a beltman belt in a different color than the crossbreed. Then you can change from black to brown. Just a thought.

I'd guess both will work for the intended purpose. I just know the beltman belts are quality stuff as I've seen one first hand. I also like the Wilderness Tactical 5stitch but that's definitely not dressy.

Beltman's are some the nicest and best out there. Hard to bet for the price I own belts from several well known makers and I like the Beltman's the best out of all of them. I own several from him and plan to buy more in the future.

I wear mine (black w/ nickel buckle) with everything from casual slacks, khaki's, jeans, cargo shorts, button down shirts, polo's, tshirts, tucked and untucked.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

I wear my Crossbreed belt with jeans, slacks, shorts, whatever. The only thing I don't use it for is a suit, because the belt loops aren't big enough.

The ony issue that I have had with it, is that it is thick and my phone case clip is hard to get on. I don't carry the phone case often, it still works but just hard to get on the belt.

Very nice belt, very nice quality and good value from my opinion.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links