How do you tuck your paddle holster or carrier

This is a discussion on How do you tuck your paddle holster or carrier within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never thought much about it, when i wore my kydex paddle holster, i tucked the paddle inside of my pants, so when I got ...

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

I never thought much about it, when i wore my kydex paddle holster, i tucked the paddle inside of my pants, so when I got a mag carrier, the paddle on that went inside my pants also. The last class I went to, I noticed that several people tucked the paddle of their mag carrier inside the belt only, not inside the pants, but not everyone.

I still wear my mag carrier fully tucked (for lack of a better term) on a daily basis, and the rare occasion I don the paddle holster, it's fully tucked also.

What do you guys (and gals) who wear something with a paddle do?
    Last edited by 4my sons; September 23rd, 2008 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling, doooooogh
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Administrator
    On the very rare occasion that I would wear a paddle, it goes inside my pants too for the added support/security. The only reason I can think of is those who wear tighty whiteys or "other" types that te paddle would rub their leg raw or they were just being lazy at the class.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I noticed that if I am wearing a paddle holster and a paddle mag carrier, (in my case Fobus) it really took up some space in my waistband. I found it was more comfortable to put the mag carrier outside the waistband and just behind the belt. However; I only use them at the range for IDPA type shootin', or to have somethin handy to don should I need it at home. Too hard to conceal for me unless it is winter. I have one of those bodies that makes it hard to conceal anything unless I am wearin' a coat. Ain't necessarily skinny, it just shows on me like I have an arrow pointin' to it.
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

VIP Member
    In the pants for the holster. I've never used a paddle mag pouch, so I can't comment.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Paddle

I wear a Kramer Paddle for my P7 PSP. I wear it in my pants; as well as the G&G mag carrier.
    I have seen some do it with the Fobus because of the plastic paddle...
    I haven't had any issues even when I had a Fobus, a BH, Galco, etc.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I wear all paddle holsters inside the pants. They are more stable that way. I usually wear a paddle mag carrier inside the pants also, but not always.

Regards,
    Jerry

Same here, I always wear my Safariland 518 inside the pants -- i can't imagine not doing so, as it would move around too much on the belt otherwise. Now for the mag carrier I don't know as I don't own a paddle version, but they're small enough I'd imagine they'd be ok just through the belt.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

Lead Moderator
    Inside the pants always. stability is paramount.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

A paddle holster is great with a jacket.Sans jacket you may as well pocket carry.

I saw a guy with a Blackhawk Serpa at a USPSA match. He had it under the belt, and when he knelt to get ammo from his bag, the holster and gun popped out and hit the ground. That holster has the most aggressive teeth I've ever seen on a paddle, and I was utterly stunned when this happened.

He went to the belt attachment after being DQed, but I believe he would have been fine it it had been tucked into his drawers instead of through the belt.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

I think those that do this outside the pants thing just think that the way its supposed to go. Just dont know any better. I agree I have at least 4 paddle holstersand they all go inside the pants. My first was a Galco CCP, in Havana Brown. Nice setup for what it is.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links