Com3 for Colt New Agent & a story...

This is a discussion on Com3 for Colt New Agent & a story... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Quite a while ago I bought an HBE Com3 IWB for my new Colt New Agent .45. Took less than three weeks from order to ...

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar

Quite a while ago I bought an HBE Com3 IWB for my new Colt New Agent .45. Took less than three weeks from order to delivery. The holster was perfect in every regard, a real work of art, EXCEPT, it hurt like crazy to wear it

Because of my build, the muzzle tip was pressing on the side of my hip real bad. I wasn't going to do anything about it. Figured it's the risk we take when ordering custom rigs over the internet. Some on this forum suggested I call but I just didn't want to put Eric from HBE in a spot. He's gone through a lot these past few years and it's good to see him doing well.

Well, it wasn't a week later that he called just to see how I like the new holster. I told him about it and he immediately asked me to send it back so he could make another one for me. I was impressed by this simple desire to please his customer. I sent it back with a few ideas and pointed out a picture of a closed muzzled COM3 variant.

Well a week and a few days after I sent it back, I got my new replacement hoster in the mail. So here's a review:

It's perfect , it's thin, fits perfect. The closed muzzle and the extra bit of leather at the bottom makes is lay better on my hip, no pain and it fits TIGHT to the side. Delivery speed was totally great, price was very good. I have a Brommeland MaxCon that I thought was the gold standard but truth be told, that holster is WAY overpriced at Coal Creek Armory and it's not one bit better than the HBE. Don't get me wrong, I like my Maxcon (I use if for an MK9) bu the HBE is a far better value. Gun to holster fit is perfect. With my KirkPatrick gun belt it's the ultimate EDC Rig. But what really impressed me was Eric's willingness to simply make it right for me at a set cost.

And so I don't forget, I also got a mag pouch with it too and, of course, it's perfect. I think this has got to be one of the very best holster values currently available. Superior quality construction and finish and the concealment factor is great. Here's some pics:
    Attached Images

The fact that he not only happily made you a new one, but called you to check up, speaks volumes for Eric's customer service and work ethic. It's nice to see reviews like this.

I've done business with a few members of this forum now, and I'll keep Eric from HBE on the radar. I'm quite happy with the leather I got from Erik of SideGuardHolsters too.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Looks great. I really dig Eric's holsters. I currently have one on order from him. Enjoy!
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

I'm glad you got this all fixed up..

Funny how a little thing like a bit more leather could make such a difference...

I have bought from Eric but it was before his trouble and I kinda faded out for a little while but it sounds to me like Eric is still a great guy to deal with..

Good luck!!!

Good for you! The holster looks great and I'm glad it all worked out.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

New Colt Agent

Very Nice!!!

I dig mine for my HP!!

looks good, glad to hear it worked out
    when I leave this Earth, It's gonna be on both feet; NEVER KNEES IN THE DIRT

For Gideon, I am new to this forum and I don't know how old your post is, so I wonder if you can tell me what you paid for your holster for the Colt New Agent, and how do I contact the maker? The web site listed in Google for HBE Leather is apparently no longer in service.

I just bought a New Agent, and I really like it! I just need a good IWB holster to carry it so it is comfortable but does not print the outline under my sweat shirt or jacket. (I carry under HR218 rules)

Thanks.

Thanks for the review... Very nice rig. I have almost the exact same rig on order with him now for an M&P compact. Rather than having a closed bottom, I asked for plenty of leather covering the muzzle.... I would imagine that will result in basically the same comfort. I'll post pics when I get it.

I've ordered from Eric before and am a fan of his work. The things I really appreciate about Eric is his willingness to customize the rigs; cant angle, ride height, open/closed muzzle, height of sweat shield, etc, etc. After many holsters I've found what works for me and it isn't necessarily what works for most. The ability to customize and short turn around time is great.

Oh, and he does wonders with shark...

Last edited by GingerKid; December 4th, 2008 at 09:59 PM.
    ---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    ---------------------------------------

"The web site listed in Google for HBE Leather is apparently no longer in service"

Try this: H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks

Certainly a couple of great looking rigs up there...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Beautiful rig and glad Eric did you right. IMO he makes the best IWB out there and I've owned a few including a MS VMII. Congrats!
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Distinguished Member
    Keep up the good work Eric, it is good to hear about that level of customer service.

Links