OWB Holster For Kimber 3'' Ultra Carry

This is a discussion on OWB Holster For Kimber 3'' Ultra Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First let me say that I own a S&W 642, which I pocket carry very comfortably, but would prefer to carry my Ultra Carry more ...

Thread: OWB Holster For Kimber 3'' Ultra Carry

OWB Holster For Kimber 3'' Ultra Carry

First let me say that I own a S&W 642, which I pocket carry very comfortably, but would prefer to carry my Ultra Carry more often.

However, I have tried numerous IWB holsters(trust me on this) and have concluded that I hate IWB carry(it is simply not for me) so that I have wound up not carrying my Ultra Carry.

My question for those who have experience with OWB carry, is whether it is realistic for me to carry my Ultra Carry OWB with only a T shirt for concealment since I live in Florida and my usual mode of dress is shorts and a T shirt.

I realize that I may be seeking what is not possible, but was hoping that someone may make a holster that rides high enough and would keep the gun snug enough to my body to make OWB carry possible without printing.

I do have a very good Beltman gun belt.

Thanks.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I have a Galco Fletch High Ride that I use when we are camping, it stays in the camper and thats the only place I wear it. It has a retention strap and works well for me while riding ATV's or hiking. It doesnt hold very tight to the body but works for me for what I need. You can look at them but they arent that high quality and dont think you'll be very satisfied with a Galco.

I have heard good things about the Sparks 60TK. Sounds like its a very good holster that rides high and holds tight to the body with a good gun belt. I dont personally know this but have read many forum posts about this holster meeting these requirements. Sorry I cannot speak from actual experience but thought I'd pass on what I have read.

60TK

_
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    First let me say that I own a S&W 642, which I pocket carry very comfortably, but would prefer to carry my Ultra Carry more often.

However, I have tried numerous IWB holsters(trust me on this) and have concluded that I hate IWB carry(it is simply not for me) so that I have wound up not carrying my Ultra Carry.

My question for those who have experience with OWB carry, is whether it is realistic for me to carry my Ultra Carry OWB with only a T shirt for concealment since I live in Florida and my usual mode of dress is shorts and a T shirt.

I realize that I may be seeking what is not possible, but was hoping that someone may make a holster that rides high enough and would keep the gun snug enough to my body to make OWB carry possible without printing.

I do have a very good Beltman gun belt.

Thanks.
    I do it with my Glock. A quality HIGH RIDE holster is the key. I have a Mitch Rosen OWB that works great - although I would like it to be just a little more high ride. With your thinner 1911 model - it should be no problem.

Look at C. Rusty Sherricks US High Ride - this looks (from the website pic) exactly what I am looking for.

I just placed a post for UBG Holsters. It has a picture of an OWB for a 3" 1911. Called the Regulator. Just received, so have only had it on for a little while.

However I carry like you describe, and I believe this will work very well for that.

Good luck.
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."
    - Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival"

Quote Originally Posted by stewartjwnls View Post
    I just placed a post for UBG Holsters. It has a picture of an OWB for a 3" 1911. Called the Regulator. Just received, so have only had it on for a little while.

However I carry like you describe, and I believe this will work very well for that.

Good luck.
    OK, thanks. Will check it out.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I use a Desantis Speed Scabard with my Eclipse Ultra and find it very comfortable.

I have a Sparks Axiom for every 1911 model I own.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Here my 3" CDP in a K&D Laredo Defender, works well and I like the snap on/off option.

I think the newer ones have close over the barrel more than the one shown here.
    Mine see's little use since geting a Brommeland Max Con V, but I won't get rid of it, OWB has it's advantages.

OWB for a small gun like the Ultra carry is great option. Depending on your build you should be able to pull it off.

Of my OWBs, I would choose The Slide would work the best for your needs to pull in the gun for the best concealment.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan'l Boone View Post
    Here my 3" CDP in a K&D Laredo Defender, works well and I like the snap on/off option.

I think the newer ones have close over the barrel more than the one shown here.
    Mine see's little use since geting a Brommeland Max Con V, but I won't get rid of it, OWB has it's advantages.
    that is a nice looking holster.

who sells them?

OWB for Kimber Ultra Carry

I agree with FlyboyLDB on the Mitch Rosen holster. His holsters are boned so well that it takes a little extra effort to make a presentation of the weapon,until the holster is broken in. They are pricey,but you get what you pay for. Again,it depends on your build if any handgun can be concealed wearing a t-shirt. My trick for hot weather wear is a cotton Hawiian shirt over my OWB holster. The print breaks up any printing of your rig. Shoplifter's trick is to wear plaid shirts,breaks put the print of their loot. Learned that from a Loss Prevention class I once took.

Links