Pocket Carry a Glock 26?

Pocket Carry a Glock 26?

This is a discussion on Pocket Carry a Glock 26? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone had sucess in front pocket carrying a Glock 26? If so, what holsters have you used?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pocket Carry a Glock 26?

Has anyone had sucess in front pocket carrying a Glock 26? If so, what holsters have you used?

I tried for a while. its an extremely bulky gun. it does work in a jeans rear pocket with a desantis nemesis but it will fall out EASILY if you're doing anything more then just basic standing around. check uot the CTAC holster, its easy on/off.

personally i tihnk the 26 is too large for pocket carry. i tried it a few times, it was rough.

glock 27 in cargo pants...but I looked like a 40 year old ghetto wannabe. Just doesn't work for me.

Front Pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarmillMan View Post
    Has anyone had sucess in front pocket carrying a Glock 26? If so, what holsters have you used?
    No disrespect ....

Wow you have some huge pockets!!!! What are you wearing?

http://thedarkprophet.files.wordpres..._071015_ms.jpg

My wife has the Glock 26 I couldn't carry that in a pocket (6' 1" 215lbs) ...I carry a Kel Tec P3AT in the pocket... IWB I carry my PT145...

jfl
    I occasionally carry my G-26 in a UM Sidekick in my right front pocket. It does make a bulge.
    I put my cell phone and my wallet on the other side, makes a bulge also. Printing, maybe, I don't really care, it is concealed per Florida specs.
    The sidekick is, by far, NOT the best pocket holster; I had a leather one with a hook shape I found at a Gun Show that I really liked. I lost it; how do you lose a holster ???
    I find pocket holsters convenient when you are in and out of places off-limits; take the gun and holster out of pocket, place it under the seat, come back 5 minutes later put it back in your pocket. Repeat...
    Black pants, like BDU, without the bottom ties and leg pockets, work best and they don't scream 5.11.
    One thing I learned in many years of carrying is that there is no absolute answer. It is a compromise between dress, gun, draw speed, concealment and comfort.
    That's why, after a few years, we end up with the infamous boxes of holsters.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Personally, I think the draw of a pocket carry Glock 26 is too slow, unless it was a backup carry... I prefer Smartcarry to pocket carry.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

There's an easy way to see if it's for you...
    Break a clay brick in half and shove it down your pocket.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Black pants, like BDU, without the bottom ties and leg pockets, work best and they don't scream 5.11.
    I wear cargo pants every day I wear pants. In FL that's very rare so I wear cargo shorts. That's how I dress day to day and nobody's told me I look tactical lol.

Becides, with 600,000+ CCW holders in the state and most LEOs around my area being really into guns I'm not worried about people giving me a 2nd look. Plus, there's tons of LEO around my neck of the woods who carry daily in attire that screams "i'm hiding a gun. can you tell?" well, not exactly but sometimes you can just tell. Their dress style sticks out. No T-shirt there, they have the tucked shirt and the large unbuttoned tommy bahama or similar casual shirt on around the holster.

*shrug*

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I carry my 27 (same size as 26) frequently in my front pocket in one of these:
    Holsters and accessories They are by far the best $25 item I ever bought.
    They are very thin kydex with a little hook that prevents the holster from coming out when you draw. I even pocket carry my G-36 using the same holster. I can't use this method with all my pants, but it is my preferred method with some of my pants.
    The advantage I see to this method is when you are standing, your hand can be on your gun in the ready if danger is present, at the same time not giving away the fact you're reaching for a gun.

I've tried and tried, but I agree with the half-a-brick comment.

I have a G26 and G27. I have tried pocket carry with a DeSantis holster. Unless I am wearing cargo pants / shorts, it is very difficult to disguse the outline. They are a little too thick. I have recently (2 weeks ago) purchased a Walther PPS. It's about the same length and height as the Glocks but much thinner. I am still function testing it (only about 600 rds - no issues) with different ammo. I'll try pocket carry once I feel comfortable with it and obtain a holster for it.
    But I agree, it is difficult to hide a G26/27 in a normal pair of properly fitting pants.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    No luck here. Even a bit tight in a jacket pocket (depending on jacket of course). They're just too thick. Which is why if I'm going to carry a Glock, I'll often leave the 26 behind in favor of the 19.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

On occasion, with loose fitting jeans while out in the yard, I'd stuff a G27 in a Mika Pocket holster. Otherwise a G26/27 is too much for a pocket gun.

A few times I've pocketed my G22 in some baggy cargo pants - the right front upper pocket. Just inserted it in the same way you would a holster - pointing down. With these particular shorts I didn't print much at all, but it helped to have a long t-shirt on. Some adjustment was required getting in and out of a vehicle (I was on my way to get a pizza). In this type of carry scenario I never put one in the chamber, for what it's worth...

Not practical, but it works on occasion.

A G26 a lot. Either in the hip pocket (before I belt up in the AM), or the front cargo pocket:

Custom made, BTW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links