Update on my M-Tac

Update on my M-Tac

This is a discussion on Update on my M-Tac within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Following the advice I got on this forum, I got an M-TAC for my G-26. Excellent service; the person I talked to suggested the model ...

Update on my M-Tac

Following the advice I got on this forum, I got an M-TAC for my G-26.
    Excellent service; the person I talked to suggested the model with an open end so it would fit all other Glocks with the same slide thickness, so I can carry my G-19 as well.
    I received it a week after and have used it for 3 weeks, alternating with a pocket holster.
    The reason I got this holster was to carry with no undershirt (South Florida in summer).
    At first it was a little rough on my skin, but as time went, it started molding itself to my body and now I can wear it for 12 hours and I actually forget I have it.
    As I learned here, a good belt makes a difference.
    So the M-TAC has replaced the FIST K-1 that I was using for the last 3 years (mostly OWB).
    The only question I have is that, as the leather conforms to the gun, I have to tighten the retention screws more and more; I just hope I will not run out of space.

All in all, knowing what I know now, I can definitely recommend this holster. If I lost this one I would buy the same !!!
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Mtac is a good holster. One tip if the back bothers you you can pick up some mole skin at target or the like. I found as mine broke in more the rivits were bothering me a little (on the back side)but after the mole skin problem solved. It is a very comfortable holster. I also like to wear a wife beater under mine. I'm in FL too and it isn't too hot.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock30SF View Post
    Mtac is a good holster. One tip if the back bothers you you can pick up some mole skin at target or the like. I found as mine broke in more the rivits were bothering me a little (on the back side)but after the mole skin problem solved. It is a very comfortable holster. I also like to wear a wife beater under mine. I'm in FL too and it isn't too hot.
    +1 on the undershirt idea. I'm in the Ft. lauderdale area and use one when I carry.

My whole idea was not to have to wear an undershirt; I find them not "aesthetically pleasing"
    Thanks for the moleskin advice; right now the back is fine, we'll see what happens.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    My whole idea was not to have to wear an undershirt; I find them not "aesthetically pleasing"
    Thanks for the moleskin advice; right now the back is fine, we'll see what happens.
    The backing never bothered me but what did/does is the leather actually sticking to my side. That's why I have the undershirt. I'm sort of a skinny guy, no gut. 5'9" and about 160lbs. Maybe that's why it bugs me a bit? Hard to say. It forms nicely over time though.

The only question I have is that, as the leather conforms to the gun, I have to tighten the retention screws more and more; I just hope I will not run out of space.
    That shouldn't be the case. After a point, it will have broken in and the retention will be properly set. Sort of like how a leather holster comes super tight, and after a time it starts to get easier. Only to a certain degree, it should never wear out to the point of zero retention.

Links