MTAC vs Crossbreed - Page 2

MTAC vs Crossbreed

This is a discussion on MTAC vs Crossbreed within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great, what is the cost on these? I'm going broker and broker....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Great, what is the cost on these? I'm going broker and broker.
    My Pain Is Caused By My Pleasure

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose68 View Post
    Great, what is the cost on these? I'm going broker and broker.
    80 bux, no worries, its only money.

Comp-Tac : Products

_
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    the MTAC/CTAC is better built then the crossbreed in my opinion.

If this were true, then why the modfications?

Check out this other post, http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...sign-flaw.html you can even see bulging in the pic of this post. This is what makes the holster SO uncomfortable. The ridges from the second piece of leather that is used to cover the mounting screws and slots. After some wear, these only become worse. Most do not have both holsters. I would not purchase another MTAC if given the choice. But if you like ridges and extra un-needed leather between you and the gun - go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    Better built...he never said kydex against your body was perfect.

Check out this other post, http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...sign-flaw.html you can even see bulging in the pic of this post. This is what makes the holster SO uncomfortable. The ridges from the second piece of leather that is used to cover the mounting screws and slots. After some wear, these only become worse. Most do not have both holsters. I would not purchase another MTAC if given the choice. But if you like ridges and extra un-needed leather between you and the gun - go for it.
    You can't even feel them, unless you're all bones. I mean, it's better than a piece of metal there.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    I tried a crossbreed that a neighbor got. I didn't care for it because of the thin material. I liked a bit more padding there (MTAC). It's hard, you can't exactly try them both before you buy unless you know people. Good luck.
    Not entirely true, you fail to mention that we have a two week try it free policy. Use it, abuse it, wear it, try it.
    If you aren't satisfied after two weeks, send it back for a refund. (Less S&H of $8.45)

Better built...he never said kydex against your body was perfect.
    Better built? Not necessarily. Our holsters also come with a LIFETIME warranty. If your holsters should EVER fail, send it back and we will repair or replace it.

Just wanted to clarify those points

thanks
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Never wore the crossbreed, but I do wear the MTAC. This is really comfy, and barely even know its there.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Mtac feels a bit better has you don't have the fasteners that secure the kydex to the leather making contact with your body. The Crossbreed has the exposed metal on its back side, where as the Mtac has a leather backing. I have a Crossbreed MINI tuck for my LCP, it is comfortable, but not as comfortable as the Mtac that carries my Glocks.

i've heard alot about this, but those fasteners/rivets have never once touched me they arent even on the part of the holster that touches you.

what "modifications" are you referring to ? thats a super thin strip of moleskin on there to prevent excessive slipping. it adds no width.

i'm not one of those "comfort" nuts. this has been just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    Not entirely true, you fail to mention that we have a two week try it free policy. Use it, abuse it, wear it, try it.
    If you aren't satisfied after two weeks, send it back for a refund. (Less S&H of $8.45)

Better built? Not necessarily. Our holsters also come with a LIFETIME warranty. If your holsters should EVER fail, send it back and we will repair or replace it.

Just wanted to clarify those points

thanks
    You still have to buy it first which was my point.

Second, it is better built in my opinion and in his opinion. I've never heard of an comp-tac clip breaking. I also think the mold Comp-Tac uses is a bit better formed. Again opinion. Don't get bent out of shape.

Sponsor
    You still have to buy it first which was my point.

Second, it is better built in my opinion and in his opinion. I've never heard of an comp-tac clip breaking. I also think the mold Comp-Tac uses is a bit better formed. Again opinion. Don't get bent out of shape.
    I'm not bent out of shape. You chose to interpret my post as being bent out of shape.

I simply stated a couple facts which I felt were pertinent to the topic.

Nothing more nothing less.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC

i wouldn't expect mtcraigco here to just sit idle while he sees potential sales go out the window. i can't blame him for his reactions.

Sponsor
    This is very close to becoming a pizzing contest, which is why I usually refrain from commenting in the CrossBreed VS ???? threads.

We currently average 800-1000 orders a month, at about 85 dollars for the average order. You don't sell that many if you don't have very good product.

We have tripled sales every year since I started this company and we will do it again this year. Sales don't grow like that unless you have a very good product AND outstanding customer service.

Comp-Tacs products are very good too, I wouldn't try and never had said that they are not, we just prioritize different aspects, that's all.

At this point I shall gracefully bow out of this thread with a heartfelt and sincere "Best Wishes" to both Comp-Tac and thier customers.

Peace
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC

I've been going through the question of which of these to purchase. I've even went as far as adding the items to the cart on both Comp-Tacs and Crossbreeds site and for whatever reason or other I'd just minimize the window and "sleep on it". I have to admit that I think I'm going to try the Crossbreed Supertuck if for no other reason than if I don't like it within 2 weeks, I can send it back. I think the owner of Crossbreed commenting in the thread to remind potential customers of this benefit was not wrong. And who doesn't like a lifetime warranty. And truth be told, they seem so similar if I don't like the Crossbreed, I don't think that'll be something that the M-Tac will fix. IOW if the CB doesn't work, it's a diff holster type altogether for me.

If nothing else this thread helped me get off the fence and get a holster on the way.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links