MTAC vs Crossbreed

This is a discussion on MTAC vs Crossbreed within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious about others opinions on these two very similar holsters. I have a Crossbreed for my Para P13 and a MTAC for my Glock ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MTAC vs Crossbreed

MTAC vs Crossbreed

Just curious about others opinions on these two very similar holsters. I have a Crossbreed for my Para P13 and a MTAC for my Glock 19.

I know that this comparison might be a little bit of apples to oranges, but I find that the MTAC with the Glock is much more comfortable than the Crossbreed with the Para. Don't take this as a condemnation of the Crossbreed, as it is a very well made product. I will say, however, that the MTAC is more comfortable, and pulls the butt of the weapon in closer to my dunlop than the Crossbreed, allowing for better concealment. Even though I have only had both of these holsters for a short while, I find that I can wear the MTAC forgetting that it is even there, while I am very aware of the Crossbreed. Is this a function of the weight difference of the weapons? I honestly don't know.

In all honesty, I would not hesitate to recommend either product, although I would likely recommend the MTAC more.

Lon

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Ditto

My MTAC is my "go to" holster for EDC. I do have a K&D Dakota Defender on order and when I get it, I will review fairly in comparison. My Sparks VM2 is not as comfortable as the MTAC. Sorry, cannot comment on the Crossbreed. YMMV.

_
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

My MTAC is also very comfortable I carry a M&P40c and hardly know it's there. I like the adjustment holes on the belt clips for cant & height. Break in time was minimal. Don't have a Crossbreed but a lot of guys on the forum like them.

I have two crossbreed a supertuck and a quick clip, I like them both, even though it would be nice to try something else it is hard to justify the expense just to try something.

I have both the Crossbreed and the MTAC. The Crossbreed is a little thinner and therefore pulls the gun closer and conceals much better than the MTAC. The MTAC is fine if you want to put up with all that extra material betwwen the gun and your body that allows for the bodies to be changed out - and how many people actually changes them out? Plus the MTAC cost more. To each their own. I don't see how the MTAC could pull the gun closer with much more material between the gun and your body pushing it further away. Plus, if you are wearing a belt that you have cinched properly, the gun should be pulled close automatically. I am thinking the different gun or a belt problem is your issue - not the CB.

I tried a crossbreed that a neighbor got. I didn't care for it because of the thin material. I liked a bit more padding there (MTAC). It's hard, you can't exactly try them both before you buy unless you know people. Good luck.

the MTAC/CTAC is better built then the crossbreed in my opinion.

More pics, I am trying to decide on one also and would love all the info you guys have on the two. Thanks.
    My Pain Is Caused By My Pleasure

Mtac feels a bit better has you don't have the fasteners that secure the kydex to the leather making contact with your body. The Crossbreed has the exposed metal on its back side, where as the Mtac has a leather backing. I have a Crossbreed MINI tuck for my LCP, it is comfortable, but not as comfortable as the Mtac that carries my Glocks.

My MTAC

MTAC is the way to go.

I am a tall thin guy, 6'4" 165 and I can easily hide a glock 27 with my MTAC at 3:30-4:00

I never tried the Crossbreed. I was going to order it before I found that you can change out the shells for different pistols with the MTAC.
    I never looked back. Now I only have two holsters for my USP and my PT1911. That is the Serpa and the MTAC. I can wear the MTAC all day without fatigue. Good luck.

Sam.

It kind of stinks I had never heard of a MTac before I found here and I already had my Crossbreed.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    My MTAC

Wow, I think I may be sold on that holster.
    My Pain Is Caused By My Pleasure

It is as comfortable as a holster can be IMO as well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links