Looking for a Kydex holster for Colt Commander

This is a discussion on Looking for a Kydex holster for Colt Commander within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for someone who makes a Kydex holster for a Colt 45 Commander.. Don't want one that's inside the waistband.. I've been using a ...

Thread: Looking for a Kydex holster for Colt Commander

Looking for a Kydex holster for Colt Commander

I'm looking for someone who makes a Kydex holster for a Colt 45 Commander.. Don't want one that's inside the waistband.. I've been using a leather Askins Avenger & like how it holds close to the body but it carries the gun a little lower than I like.

Thanks for any suggestions

2. Remove Ads

Try Safariland. I don't know if they make one for the Colt Commander though, you'll have to check. Their holsters pull in pretty close to the body and conceal fairly well. I think most of their kydex holsters are suede lined to protect the finish on the gun.

http://www.safariland.com/
    Last edited by spooter66; September 29th, 2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: added link
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Blade-Tech, among others. I don't think I've run across a holster manufacturer yet -- leather or Kydex -- that doesn't offer a Commander version.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

Kydex...

I second Blade-Tech. I have one for my G35. It holds tight.

try Raven Concealment. They offer a pancake attachment that pulls the gun right up next to you. Good stuff. The holster comes with belt loops and you can get accessories to make it a paddle, pancake, or IWB holster. One holster with multiple options.

I don't know their current turn around time. Was 20days last I checked. Could have changed.

The Malabar Front

This Com-Tac may still be for sale..
    For Sale or Trade Comp Tac - Tennessee Gun Owners

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Something different? Try the Silent Thunder from Tucker. Available in both IWB AND OWB versions, it's Kydex, but leather lined (very slick!). I have both versions and am pretty pleased. Different mounting options give you quick on/off (the Quick Mount), keep the gun butt tucked in tight (Butt Tucker- I know, I suggested a different name...) and all allow 150 degrees of adjustability in cant.

I plan to do a thorough review of both soon, am currently evaluating the IWB version. Carried with the OWB version exclusively for about a month. The leather lining makes it the only Kydex holster I'll use with my 1911's. And it really is a great set up.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    try Raven Concealment. They offer a pancake attachment that pulls the gun right up next to you. Good stuff. The holster comes with belt loops and you can get accessories to make it a paddle, pancake, or IWB holster. One holster with multiple options.

I don't know their current turn around time. Was 20days last I checked. Could have changed.

The Malabar Front
    I'll second that... by far my favorite.
    ---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    ---------------------------------------

Links