IWB holster

IWB holster

This is a discussion on IWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking at the various IWB holsters out there for my G26 and I was wondering if anyone has used this particular holster. ...

Thread: IWB holster

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar

IWB holster

I have been looking at the various IWB holsters out there for my G26 and I was wondering if anyone has used this particular holster.

EDIT: new link

http://www.concealco.com/miva/mercha...ry_Code=051IWB

Its different in the placement of the front strap and the way they hold the hoster open for reholstering.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Seems to be a bad link, you might want to revise it.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Bum link for sure

Thanks guys, I edited the link in the original post.

Nope i havnt used anything frm them

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Sorry, I haven't, but it looks cool. Be nice to hear how that loop works out.

One part concerns me, they send replacement loops, makes you wonder how fast that front one wears out from being tweaked around like it is.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Nope me neither, never even heard of them before. That front loop look's interesing though. Not sure if I would like the cant of it or not, it's hard to tell. The quality look's pretty good. Post a report on it if you end up trying one out just to hear what you think about that style and the front loop thing.

Ti.

The front loop does look different.

Not sure how i would like that please do post a full review if you get one

What interests me is that they double up on the leather on the front part of the holster by the snap so that the holster stays thin but it won't colapse so you can reholster. I don't know if it actually works but it seems like an interesting idea.

http://www.concealco.com/ff_rienforcement.html

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well, in theory it would work well. The rest of the holster would remain softer but it would keep it open enough to get the muzzle started which is all you really need. Clever idea..................
    Shoot well.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Interesting concept; it's actually very similar to a Desantis combination holster made years ago. Desantis made a shoulder holster connected to the harness with one way snaps. It could be un-snapped from the harness, and leather loops could be snapped in place to wear it IWB. The snap placement was almost identical to the one shown here, with the front snap being both the front IWB loop and the front harness connection point. The Desantis version also had a tunnel belt loop on the back for OWB wear.

I think the holster pictured would be pretty placement specific though. Almost looks like you'd have to wear it at 3 o'clock so the front loop was positioned flat against the front of the body.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Links