Bday coming, up need gunbelt suggestions...

This is a discussion on Bday coming, up need gunbelt suggestions... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys. For my Bday I'd like to get a good gunbelt. I have a couple of buddies that have Wilderness Tactical Instuctor's belts and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Bday coming, up need gunbelt suggestions...

  1. #1
    Member Array Bline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    232

    Bday coming, up need gunbelt suggestions...

    Hey guys. For my Bday I'd like to get a good gunbelt. I have a couple of buddies that have Wilderness Tactical Instuctor's belts and really like them. I'm looking to spend $50 or less and I don't mind the nylon belt look. Leather would be fine but usually is too much $. Looking for opinions, and links to some good belts in that price range.
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

    Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Member Array kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ga.
    Posts
    104
    Try LooperHome. I've got one of their kydex belts, which is a piece of kydex between two pieces of leather, and I love it. I think it was less than 40 bucks.

  4. #3
    Member Array dmorris68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NW Georgia
    Posts
    313
    I think if you want nylon then the Wilderness belt is going to be the most popular suggestion you'll get. Personally I find nylon only useful if you're in "outdoorsman" mode, otherwise as part of a CCW rig it screams "gun" unless your everyday garb tends to be tactical in nature.

    If you want it for CCW I'd recommend leather. If you shop around you can find a decent non-custom CCW gun belt for jeans/khaki's, either dressy or casual. For example, Galco makes several, including a few in your price range. The quality won't be that of a Sparks or Beltman though. In fact if you could bump your budget to $75, I'd highly recommend a Beltman belt.

    http://www.lapolicegear.com/galcobelts.html
    David

    Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array cmdrdredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris68 View Post
    I think if you want nylon then the Wilderness belt is going to be the most popular suggestion you'll get. Personally I find nylon only useful if you're in "outdoorsman" mode, otherwise as part of a CCW rig it screams "gun" unless your everyday garb tends to be tactical in nature.

    If you want it for CCW I'd recommend leather. If you shop around you can find a decent non-custom CCW gun belt for jeans/khaki's, either dressy or casual. For example, Galco makes several, including a few in your price range. The quality won't be that of a Sparks or Beltman though. In fact if you could bump your budget to $75, I'd highly recommend a Beltman belt.

    Galco Belts
    If you wear your shirts untucked nobody sees your belt anyway. Even when ppl can glimpse it nobody asks me or gives me a 2nd look.

  6. #5
    Member Array dmorris68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NW Georgia
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    If you wear your shirts untucked nobody sees your belt anyway. Even when ppl can glimpse it nobody asks me or gives me a 2nd look.
    True, if you always go untucked. Many of us do not and/or cannot, and personally I prefer to have 1-2 belts that I can wear with most anything. I was just thinking if the OP has only the budget for *one* carry belt, it would be helpful if it were more flexible. But that's certainly his call, I was just offering my own recommendation.
    David

    Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

  7. #6
    Member Array tabsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    282

    Good Belt

    Spend an extra $30 and order a leather belt from Beltman.com
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

  8. #7
    VIP Member Array AZ Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    4,244
    Do a search on "Looper" in several forums. You'll hear many horror stories about them delaminating. For your price range, stick with the Wilderness. Not as comfortable as a well made double leather gunbelt, but will get the job done.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

  9. #8
    Member Array SouthernZ71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NorthCarolina
    Posts
    128
    Its a little more than you are talking about spending but I swear by The Belt Man
    Gun Belts by The Belt Man

    Worth the extra $$ IMO!

  10. #9
    Member Array plblark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernZ71 View Post
    Its a little more than you are talking about spending but I swear by The Belt Man
    Gun Belts by The Belt Man

    Worth the extra $$ IMO!
    Absolutely. I have a double layer Bullhide belt with velcro and it was a GREAT investment. Previously, I had two other carry belts I took back because of quality issues. No problems with the beltman belts though. They do the job and look great doing it.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

  11. #10
    Member Array OhShoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernZ71 View Post
    Its a little more than you are talking about spending but I swear by The Belt Man
    Gun Belts by The Belt Man

    Worth the extra $$ IMO!
    Just ordered one.
    They are on about a 30 day turnaround, though, which may not jibe with OP's bday.

    - OS

  12. #11
    Member Array Bline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    232
    Hmm... I'm starting to see a pattern here. Leather is deffinately preferred by me so I made need to expand my budget. I'm of the opinion that it's better to pay a little more and get what you really want. Saves money in the longterm. I've heard a lot about Belt Man belts. I'll check 'em out

    dmorris68: Up here in Maine where I live most of us are in outdoorsman mode 24/7. But I know what you mean. The Wilderness belts are kinda Technical looking. I'm a little more old fashioned and prefer leather. Thanks for the input.

    Edit: Wow, very impressed, gonna go with a Belt Man. Love the look and the options. Thanks a bunch folks. Love this forum!
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

    Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Array FlyboyLDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by Bline View Post
    Hey guys. For my Bday I'd like to get a good gunbelt. I have a couple of buddies that have Wilderness Tactical Instuctor's belts and really like them. I'm looking to spend $50 or less and I don't mind the nylon belt look. Leather would be fine but usually is too much $. Looking for opinions, and links to some good belts in that price range.
    Look at Crossbreed. Around that price.

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array cmdrdredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris68 View Post
    True, if you always go untucked. Many of us do not and/or cannot, and personally I prefer to have 1-2 belts that I can wear with most anything. I was just thinking if the OP has only the budget for *one* carry belt, it would be helpful if it were more flexible. But that's certainly his call, I was just offering my own recommendation.
    Yeah I understand that. I ordered my Belt Man Belt but needed something sooner so I also ordered a Wilderness 5 stitch. I'll have both, but it's expensive to have multiple holsters and/or belts. Here in FL the traditional attire is shorts and t-shirt. I wear XL shirts (loose fitting on me) and I can conceal my G19 with only that. If you have to dress up more I can see the wilderness belt not being ideal.

    One thing I will say, I think a good leather belt is stiffer than even the 5stitch wilderness. I haven't seen or tried one with the kydex insert though. I've felt the difference between a Belt Man and a Wilderness 5stitch. The Wilderness holds up wonderfully, but if you like to wear your belt a little loose I think the leather will hold up ad it feels more ridged overall to me.

  15. #14
    VIP Member Array sass20485's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    2,093
    Wilderness Belt is great, if you don't mind the tactical look. Cost is around $40.

    A high quality leather gun belt can be had from the Beltman for around $60.

    Choice is yours. What is you mode of dress, as that is the determining factor. Most folks will end up with several types,styles and colors eventually.

  16. #15
    Member Array SouthernZ71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NorthCarolina
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Bline View Post
    Hmm... I'm starting to see a pattern here. Leather is deffinately preferred by me so I made need to expand my budget. I'm of the opinion that it's better to pay a little more and get what you really want. Saves money in the longterm. I've heard a lot about Belt Man belts. I'll check 'em out

    dmorris68: Up here in Maine where I live most of us are in outdoorsman mode 24/7. But I know what you mean. The Wilderness belts are kinda Technical looking. I'm a little more old fashioned and prefer leather. Thanks for the input.

    Edit: Wow, very impressed, gonna go with a Belt Man. Love the look and the options. Thanks a bunch folks. Love this forum!


    You want be let down. Jim does a GREAT job on his leather.

    I am a life long customer!! that is as long as im alive and he is still making belts I will buy from him.

    I have one of his BullHide belts I wear daily HOT sweaty work outside Everyday. and another one of his Horshide belts for weekend and church dress.
    Dont get me wrong the bullhide has and can be worn 24-7. It holds up great to hot/humid Southern Summer days and still perty enough to go to church lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. What width gunbelt?
    By psehorne in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: October 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
  2. Man Oh Man I cant decide on a gunbelt...
    By AllAmerican in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: May 9th, 2009, 10:24 PM
  3. Bday Present to myself
    By jcaramis in forum Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 15th, 2009, 02:08 AM
  4. early bday gift
    By palmgopher in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: March 25th, 2007, 06:17 PM
  5. Gunbelt?
    By sjones in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: July 2nd, 2006, 12:51 AM

Search tags for this page

gun belt suggestions

Click on a term to search for related topics.