Bday coming, up need gunbelt suggestions...

This is a discussion on Bday coming, up need gunbelt suggestions... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys. For my Bday I'd like to get a good gunbelt. I have a couple of buddies that have Wilderness Tactical Instuctor's belts and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bday coming, up need gunbelt suggestions...

Bday coming, up need gunbelt suggestions...

Hey guys. For my Bday I'd like to get a good gunbelt. I have a couple of buddies that have Wilderness Tactical Instuctor's belts and really like them. I'm looking to spend $50 or less and I don't mind the nylon belt look. Leather would be fine but usually is too much $. Looking for opinions, and links to some good belts in that price range.
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

2. Remove Ads

Try LooperHome. I've got one of their kydex belts, which is a piece of kydex between two pieces of leather, and I love it. I think it was less than 40 bucks.

I think if you want nylon then the Wilderness belt is going to be the most popular suggestion you'll get. Personally I find nylon only useful if you're in "outdoorsman" mode, otherwise as part of a CCW rig it screams "gun" unless your everyday garb tends to be tactical in nature.

If you want it for CCW I'd recommend leather. If you shop around you can find a decent non-custom CCW gun belt for jeans/khaki's, either dressy or casual. For example, Galco makes several, including a few in your price range. The quality won't be that of a Sparks or Beltman though. In fact if you could bump your budget to $75, I'd highly recommend a Beltman belt.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/galcobelts.html
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris68 View Post
    I think if you want nylon then the Wilderness belt is going to be the most popular suggestion you'll get. Personally I find nylon only useful if you're in "outdoorsman" mode, otherwise as part of a CCW rig it screams "gun" unless your everyday garb tends to be tactical in nature.

If you want it for CCW I'd recommend leather. If you shop around you can find a decent non-custom CCW gun belt for jeans/khaki's, either dressy or casual. For example, Galco makes several, including a few in your price range. The quality won't be that of a Sparks or Beltman though. In fact if you could bump your budget to $75, I'd highly recommend a Beltman belt.

Galco Belts
    If you wear your shirts untucked nobody sees your belt anyway. Even when ppl can glimpse it nobody asks me or gives me a 2nd look.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    If you wear your shirts untucked nobody sees your belt anyway. Even when ppl can glimpse it nobody asks me or gives me a 2nd look.
    True, if you always go untucked. Many of us do not and/or cannot, and personally I prefer to have 1-2 belts that I can wear with most anything. I was just thinking if the OP has only the budget for *one* carry belt, it would be helpful if it were more flexible. But that's certainly his call, I was just offering my own recommendation.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

Good Belt

Spend an extra $30 and order a leather belt from Beltman.com
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Do a search on "Looper" in several forums. You'll hear many horror stories about them delaminating. For your price range, stick with the Wilderness. Not as comfortable as a well made double leather gunbelt, but will get the job done.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Its a little more than you are talking about spending but I swear by The Belt Man
    Gun Belts by The Belt Man

Worth the extra $$ IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernZ71 View Post
    Its a little more than you are talking about spending but I swear by The Belt Man

Worth the extra $$ IMO!
    Absolutely. I have a double layer Bullhide belt with velcro and it was a GREAT investment. Previously, I had two other carry belts I took back because of quality issues. No problems with the beltman belts though. They do the job and look great doing it.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernZ71 View Post

Worth the extra $$ IMO!
    Just ordered one.
    They are on about a 30 day turnaround, though, which may not jibe with OP's bday.

- OS

Hmm... I'm starting to see a pattern here. Leather is deffinately preferred by me so I made need to expand my budget. I'm of the opinion that it's better to pay a little more and get what you really want. Saves money in the longterm. I've heard a lot about Belt Man belts. I'll check 'em out

dmorris68: Up here in Maine where I live most of us are in outdoorsman mode 24/7. But I know what you mean. The Wilderness belts are kinda Technical looking. I'm a little more old fashioned and prefer leather. Thanks for the input.

Edit: Wow, very impressed, gonna go with a Belt Man. Love the look and the options. Thanks a bunch folks. Love this forum!
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bline View Post
    Hey guys. For my Bday I'd like to get a good gunbelt. I have a couple of buddies that have Wilderness Tactical Instuctor's belts and really like them. I'm looking to spend $50 or less and I don't mind the nylon belt look. Leather would be fine but usually is too much $. Looking for opinions, and links to some good belts in that price range.
    Look at Crossbreed. Around that price.

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris68 View Post
    True, if you always go untucked. Many of us do not and/or cannot, and personally I prefer to have 1-2 belts that I can wear with most anything. I was just thinking if the OP has only the budget for *one* carry belt, it would be helpful if it were more flexible. But that's certainly his call, I was just offering my own recommendation.
    Yeah I understand that. I ordered my Belt Man Belt but needed something sooner so I also ordered a Wilderness 5 stitch. I'll have both, but it's expensive to have multiple holsters and/or belts. Here in FL the traditional attire is shorts and t-shirt. I wear XL shirts (loose fitting on me) and I can conceal my G19 with only that. If you have to dress up more I can see the wilderness belt not being ideal.

One thing I will say, I think a good leather belt is stiffer than even the 5stitch wilderness. I haven't seen or tried one with the kydex insert though. I've felt the difference between a Belt Man and a Wilderness 5stitch. The Wilderness holds up wonderfully, but if you like to wear your belt a little loose I think the leather will hold up ad it feels more ridged overall to me.

Wilderness Belt is great, if you don't mind the tactical look. Cost is around $40.

A high quality leather gun belt can be had from the Beltman for around $60.

Choice is yours. What is you mode of dress, as that is the determining factor. Most folks will end up with several types,styles and colors eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Bline View Post
    Hmm... I'm starting to see a pattern here. Leather is deffinately preferred by me so I made need to expand my budget. I'm of the opinion that it's better to pay a little more and get what you really want. Saves money in the longterm. I've heard a lot about Belt Man belts. I'll check 'em out

dmorris68: Up here in Maine where I live most of us are in outdoorsman mode 24/7. But I know what you mean. The Wilderness belts are kinda Technical looking. I'm a little more old fashioned and prefer leather. Thanks for the input.

Edit: Wow, very impressed, gonna go with a Belt Man. Love the look and the options. Thanks a bunch folks. Love this forum!

You want be let down. Jim does a GREAT job on his leather.

I am a life long customer!! that is as long as im alive and he is still making belts I will buy from him.

I have one of his BullHide belts I wear daily HOT sweaty work outside Everyday. and another one of his Horshide belts for weekend and church dress.
    Dont get me wrong the bullhide has and can be worn 24-7. It holds up great to hot/humid Southern Summer days and still perty enough to go to church lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links