pocket holster for mustang 380 and mags

This is a discussion on pocket holster for mustang 380 and mags within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work at a place that doesn't want firearms brought to work by employees. I also have to change clothes at work in an open ...

Thread: pocket holster for mustang 380 and mags

Question pocket holster for mustang 380 and mags

I work at a place that doesn't want firearms brought to work by employees. I also have to change clothes at work in an open locker room/restroom. Most of the time I am alone there, as I arrive early, but not always, so getting a glock 19 and MTAC hidden in my locker before anyone sees is very iffy. As a result, I don't carry to and from work (60 miles each way). I am thinking about starting to carry my Colt Mustang 380 in a pocket holster. I can quickly slip that out of my pocket and into a locked drawer in my toolbox when no one is looking (much easier than the locker). I figure that a 380 in the pocket is better than a 45 or 9mm in the safe.

That being said, I am thinking of one these pocket holsters, Untitled Document , anyone have any experience with them?

Also, any suggestions for a double mag pouch for the left side?(also in pocket)

thx in advance

Lon

2. Remove Ads

Hey Lon,

I had that same holster for my Kahr PM9 but sold it. It is a well made holster, but I found it hard to get my big mitts in my pocket and break the gun from the holster pushing on the tab with my thumb. I would look for a pocket holster with a long piece of material that runs along the plane of the slide and protrudes to catch on the opening of your pocket during the draw. Or maybe one with tacky material that sticks to your pocket like a Mika. I too use a Pocketlite and love it.

VIP Member
    I use an Andrews pocket holster for my Mustang. Its O.K. Just be sure that you are crystal clear about which Mustang version you have, and avoid confusion with the government model. And be prepared to wait and wait and wait.

There are plenty of options, at widely varying prices. It is ultimately a personal decision and unfortunately, trial and error till you find what you really like.

Take a look at the Desantis Super Fly, they are readily available. Bought mine on Ebay. I don't have a Mustang, but is a great pocket holster, works well with my LCP.

JD
    Administrator
    Also might want to check out Pocket Concealment Systems.

I was going to suggest Ron Graham, Palehorseleather. However, I see he is not taking new orders. I have a "Reno" and it is pretty close to perfect.

I carry my Mustangs in a Don Hume pocket holster. or a Don hume IWB I perfer leather and these have served me well.
    I don't carry extra mag I don't see a SD sitution where I would need or have the time to dig out a 2nd mag and reload. Even in a malfuction No Time. I am not a cop and I will likely be shooting at a few feet.
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994,1997 Colt Officer ACPs 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Detonics come visit http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com or www.bersachat.com

pocket holster

I had a custom holster made for my beretta jetfire by RKBA Holsters. The holster is all leather with my initials on it, the print is practically unoticable, the gun rides high on the muzzle and front of the triger guard. It is easy to get to and draw. I can put my hand around the grip easily and the gun slides out easily also. It is also very reasonably priced. I don't know if he has one available for the Mustang. I know that he has it for many models of pistols and revolvers. He did not list one for my Beretta but when I wrote him he said he would borrow one and make the holster for me. He is a very nice guy to deal with.
    Attached Images

Thanks to all for the input!

Lon

Links