Mag carriers/holders - Page 2

Mag carriers/holders

This is a discussion on Mag carriers/holders within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not to hijack the thread, but I too have a Sparks D4-C double carrier on order along with a VMII. I'm now second guessing myself ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mag carriers/holders

Not to hijack the thread, but I too have a Sparks D4-C double carrier on order along with a VMII. I'm now second guessing myself and thinking the double might be harder to conceal, and that it would be more practical to carry a single reload instead. Thoughts? I'm still in time to change my order...
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris68 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but I too have a Sparks D4-C double carrier on order along with a VMII. I'm now second guessing myself and thinking the double might be harder to conceal, and that it would be more practical to carry a single reload instead. Thoughts? I'm still in time to change my order...
    I own a D4-C for G19 mags. Double is definitely more difficult to conceal than a single. All depends on how many loads your comfortable carrying, outer garment, etc.

I own a few double mag holders that I use primarily at shoots & classes. When I carry, it's usually with just the gun and/or single mag holder. I have an easier time concealing mags with "pancake" style holders.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Pics of the Uncle Mike's kydex I use. I always seem compelled to post pics to the forum after one of those---"I said, I done, I do" Ordeals. it's just me attempting to substantiate things with good evidence.
    Uncle Mike's kydex IWB

OWB-----

I actually prefer multiple single mag pouches more than a double. That way you'll be able to decide if you want to carry one mag or two (or three, etc). Wearing singles also allows easier positioning around belt loops.

** That's advice I got from Tony K. himself several years ago & it still holds true.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    I actually prefer multiple single mag pouches more than a double. That way you'll be able to decide if you want to carry one mag or two (or three, etc). Wearing singles also allows easier positioning around belt loops.

** That's advice I got from Tony K. himself several years ago & it still holds true.
    Jack
    That's a very good point, I think Monday I'll have to give Tony a call and change my order to two singles instead of one double. A bit more expensive that way, but a lot more flexible.

As many years as I've carried, aside from the Miami Classic shoulder rig that I rarely wear, I've never owned mag carriers. I've recently decided that since I'm not carrying a hi-cap weapon (7 or 8 rounds of .45ACP depending on pistol or mag), and sometimes mags fail, I wanted some backup. And since I was ordering a new holster anyway...
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

+1 on multiple singles

Quote Originally Posted by leftseat View Post
    +1 on multiple singles
    Yep me too! It's the only way I go. Right now I am just using 2 DeSantis El Cheapo mag carriers that my local shop had collecting dust. They aren't meant for my mag's(HK P2000SK 40SW), but it fits perfectly. It has a tension screw on them as well so I can make the mag holders as tight or loose as I want. And I conceal it well.

The Uncle Mike's kydex single once again. IWB or OWB! You make the call..........

i use glock's mag holder

easy to conceal, really hugs the body

5'9" at 165 lbs

If printing is that much of a issue try a holder with moreof a cant to it. They also make horizontal mag holders for no printing at all!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

MNburl, someone ( i forget who ) said, " i've needed a flashlight alot more then i've needed a third magazine...

for a flashlight i went with the first light tomahawk, and its been excellent. the hands free feature is great

I've pretty much decided that it's in my head. Printing won't really be a problem on the mags because like someone said before, nobody thinks about it. It could be your PDA, iPod, Zune, Phone. I just think I need to get over it by wearing something for a bit until it becomes normal.

That being said, and I don't think IWB will be good with an IWB gun on the other side, what are the best options? Just go with leather? I've heard that leather will sit tighter to the body for a spare mag while kydex tends to sit out a bit more due to clipping on and not threading on to the belt?

Thanks so far

I really think you're "over thinking" it...it's not going to be a big deal with either kydex or leather IWB or OWB unless you wear skin-tight shirts.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links