Mag carriers/holders

This is a discussion on Mag carriers/holders within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you who carry a double stack gun such as a Glock, M&P, HK, or similar gun, what do you use for mag ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mag carriers/holders

Mag carriers/holders

For those of you who carry a double stack gun such as a Glock, M&P, HK, or similar gun, what do you use for mag holders?

Reason I ask is every single one I've ever tried, looked at, or thought about, had one problem. That is when I carry IWB, or even OWB, the magazine carrier sticks out and prints more than the gun itself.

Does anyone have a suggestion for someone who wants to carry an extra mag for say a Glock19? Do you just deal with a bit of printing?

Maybe carry only the gun with its 15+1? I've even considered throwing the spare mag in my cargo pockets but then accessing it in dire need is impossible.

2. Remove Ads

One of the best single holders I have is a simple Fobus paddle. It hugs tight, and is pretty concealable. All of the double holders I've tried need a fairly substatial cover garment. I sometimes use a DeSantis pocket mag holder. It's made of that "grippy stuff" and is really secure in the pocket. It also requires baggier pants to successfully pull off. (If you get my drift.)

Here's what I use. Designed for OWB, but works very well for IWB as well.
    Uncle Mike's 5036-1 Single Mag Case For Double Column Mags / Law Enforcement - Accessories / Uncle Mike's 5036-1

If wearing a cover garment, move the mag more towards your centerline (i.e. 9 o'clock if your are right-handed, 3 o'clock if you are left handed). It reduces your printing...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Normally I just conceal my G19 with a t-shirt. Is there any mag holder that would work in this case or do I need more of a cover garment to conceal?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Normally I just conceal my G19 with a t-shirt. Is there any mag holder that would work in this case or do I need more of a cover garment to conceal?
    The same on I mentioned. I use it. I also conceal a G19 or G27 under an untucked t-shirt in the summer. No problem. My mag carrier on my weak side is actually a bit behind my cell phone maybe 4 o'clock but IWB.

I've got a Sparks S4-C mag carrier for my G19. I NEVER walk out my door without at least one reload regardless of wht firearm I'm carrying. It sounds like you might need to size up on your cover shirt. I normally wear a medium shirt but when I started carrying, I switched to size large. If you can carry a Glock or other double stack gun then I cant see why you're having trouble concealing the spare mag on your offside. Try adjusting the position a little to where it rests in a natural hollow and your shirt has more "flow." Dark colors and/or pattern material, heavy duty cotton Ts or other cover material, a little extra roominess in the fit and you should be fine.
    Jack

I use this for in pocket.
    They have different sizes.
    I carry one extra mag and flashlight in the double stack 9mm one for XD.

Pocket Double Mag Pouch

- OS

Why worry, no one will know the difference between a mag carrier and a leatherman pouch.
    Jay

I use and make several methods for carrying an extra mag.

I use a single mag holder most often in the summer either IWB or OWB.

What I use most in the winter is my mag and light holder. Having a light is very important IMHO.

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Mag holders

I use Mikes from Talon Tactical he makes great stuff and is good to work with

I use two different ones...

For a single-mag holder, I use the ones from RM Holsters I'm on my second set. The first ones lasted through over 4 years of constant wear before the kydex clip cracked.

I also use a double-mag holder from the Galco "COP" line...I've been using it for about 1.5 years and it's worked fine.

I've also heard great things about the ones from Raven Concealment...if their mag-holders are anything like their holsters, they're top-notch.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    For my Glock 26 I use a kydex carrier from side armor. It's pretty low profile. I would also check out comp-tac.

Here's the one I use with my double-stack Browning Hi-Power, from Eric Larsen of HBE Specialty Leatherworks.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    I've got a Sparks S4-C mag carrier for my G19. I NEVER walk out my door without at least one reload regardless of wht firearm I'm carrying. It sounds like you might need to size up on your cover shirt. I normally wear a medium shirt but when I started carrying, I switched to size large. If you can carry a Glock or other double stack gun then I cant see why you're having trouble concealing the spare mag on your offside. Try adjusting the position a little to where it rests in a natural hollow and your shirt has more "flow." Dark colors and/or pattern material, heavy duty cotton Ts or other cover material, a little extra roominess in the fit and you should be fine.
    Jack
    I wear XL shirts...I can conceal it, but maybe it's just my self conscious self that thinks it's printing or people are looking. That could be the whole problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepnjay View Post
    Why worry, no one will know the difference between a mag carrier and a leatherman pouch.
    Jay
    True and like I said, it may be all in my head

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links