Defensive Carry banner

Need a CC holster for full sized Glock.

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  glock27mark 
#1 ·
I just ordered a G20 and I will need a holster for it. Does anyone carry a full size Glock and what holster works for you?
I like my carry weapon to ride high on my right hip anywhere from 3:00 to 4:00 if that helps.

#2 ·
My vote would be a Mtac. I carry a 30SF in one and feel I could carry a 21 no problem in one. It has enough adjustments that your sure to find one that works.:hand5:

#3 ·
#4 ·
Well don't know never had one of those. I can tell you the Mtac will be cheaper and you can return it if your not happy. You also will have it a few days after ordering it. From the site you have linked it says no returns unless defective. A holster for a full size Glock would be harder to sell if your not happy IMO. Not trying to talk you out of it. Just someting to think about.:bier:

#5 ·
I go OWB with my G17 and G22 full size Glocks. IWB almost dictates that I go with the G19 or G27. My OWB holster is a three slot pancake made by Ahern. I've also been known to use the Fobus paddle for the large Glocks as well.

#12 ·
See Fist holsters through 'Related Links' above...you'll find a great selection of quality holsters, reasonable $$, and get it in 3-5 weeks.
OMO...others may vary.

Stay armed...try Fist...stay safe!

#13 ·
No Glock here, but a fairly large full size pistol (XD-M). I carry it in a crossbreed supertuck. When I carry my other full size pistol (XD45 service) I carry in a K&D Dakota Defender. Both are very comfortable and I can recommend either. If you want a great looking holster with excellent quality K&D is worth the wait. If you want a very comfortable durable holster quickly then the Supertuck is a great choice as well and not near the wait.

#14 ·
Mtac and/or K&D

I would order a Mtac to tide me over til K&D holsters arrive.

Yes, people conceal full size pistols. The G20 is definitely full size so you'll have to dress around it well. I had a P220 which has similar dimensions to the G20. I felt the full size P220 was not as easy as I wanted my CCW to be so I bought a Glock 30. It works great for me. I also wanted a G21 but knew it was too big for CC.

#20 ·
I would order a Mtac to tide me over til K&D holsters arrive.

Yes, people conceal full size pistols. The G20 is definitely full size so you'll have to dress around it well. I had a P220 which has similar dimensions to the G20. I felt the full size P220 was not as easy as I wanted my CCW to be so I bought a Glock 30. It works great for me. I also wanted a G21 but knew it was too big for CC.
I have carried my issued G21 IWB with a cheapie Desantis holster and as far as I know, I was only made once, when I went car shopping with my wife and I didn't think I would be sitting down. A former LEO noticed me printing with it(only had a t-shirt for cover garment). Since then, I have bought a Ruger SP-101 and a Ruger P-345 for off-duty carry. Now, I usually carry the P345 when I'm off-duty. I still need a better off-duty holster for it as I only have a cheap Jay-Pee IWB/OWB thumb-break for it. I'm leaning towards K&D for it.

#15 ·
Get a Glock Sport/Combat Holster and try it. You may find you like it and if not, you have not wasted a lot of money.

I have a box full of holsters, both stock and custom and find myself wearing the Glock Holster most of the time. I either wear it outside the belt or inside the belt depending on how I am dressed.
I have both the small frame and the large frame holsters and like them both.

Just spend 12-15 bucks and try them out, you may be happy with one.

#16 ·
The Glock Sport is a good idea, it will at least hold me until a custom holster comes in. I will also look at the other mention holster makers before I make my decision.
I have concealed a full size gun before (H&K USP .45) so I'm not worried about that aspect of the gun, I just need a holster of some kind before I can carry it.

#17 ·
I have toted a G23 with Glock +2 extenions for 13+ years now and the best holster I have found is the Bianchi Carry Loc series. Try it you'll like it!! I also have two Thunderbird holsters from K&D they are his new holster that converts from IWB to OWB.

NCH

#22 ·
#23 ·
Here's a pic of my favorite holster for my G21...

It's a Don Hume H721OT, and it set me back less than $40. Being skinny, it's tough for me to find a holster that I can use; too much cant, and I end up with the butt of the gun jabbing me in the rib cage all day. The DH stuff seems to do the job quite nicely for me; very comfortable, good retention, quick draw, and it looks great. I like it so much that I bought one to fit my G17.

There's my G17 in a Glock sport/combat holster, which I also really like (I have one of these for my G21 as well). The only thing I don't like about it is how easy it'd be to scratch the open muzzle of your gun on the rivets of your jeans. It conceals very well, though, and is definately useful.

You will have NO issue selling any Glock holster that you don't want, either on GlockTalk or on Ebay; I went through lots of different holsters before I found the ones that work best for me, and that's how I sold the ones I couldn't use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.