Crossbreed SuperTuck Untucked and Tucking - video

This is a discussion on Crossbreed SuperTuck Untucked and Tucking - video within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; YouTube - Crossbreed SuperTuck - Untucked & Tucked I've been asked before about showing how well the SuperTuck works untucked and tucked with my Sig ...

Thread: Crossbreed SuperTuck Untucked and Tucking - video

Crossbreed SuperTuck Untucked and Tucking - video

YouTube - Crossbreed SuperTuck - Untucked & Tucked

I've been asked before about showing how well the SuperTuck works untucked and tucked with my Sig P239. Here's a video where I actually show how easy (for me at least) it is to tuck.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

2. Remove Ads

Good video. I'm still not sure if I want the SuperTuck or the QuickClip.
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

for the Crossbreed. Very easy to use, and very comfortable!
    I work to buy guns. Not really, but sometimes it feels that way..

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakewalk View Post
    Good video. I'm still not sure if I want the SuperTuck or the QuickClip.
    Unless you are going to carry appendix or crossdraw, go with the SuperTuck. The QwikClip is only a better choice in those specific situations.

And thanks to ev239 for another excellent vid
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

VIP Member
    Yes CB works great. You will forget You even have it on.

The SuperTuck has four sets of holes for adjustment. What set of holes do you all use when you are actually tucking the shirt in?

I use the second to the top for the front hole and the bottom hole for the back hole. This gives it a bit of a forward cant and keeps it high enough for an easy draw. I used to wear it a bit lower, but kept scraping my knuckles on my belt when getting a grip. Take note that since the clips themselves are handmade there is a little bit of variance between clip length so my advice for others is to try different combos for what fits best for you.

Nice vid. I, too, am happy wth my Supertuck.

I played a game of wiffle ball at a family picnic yesterday sporting my SW40VE in my SuperTuck. Awesome comfort.

No one knew a thing, even with many hugs from older family members and kids climbing all over me.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by ev239 View Post
    Take note that since the clips themselves are handmade there is a little bit of variance between clip length so my advice for others is to try different combos for what fits best for you.

Ev239,
    thanks for the video...in fact, you video and the info on several forums are what have me about 99.9% sure that the supertuck will be what I get to carry my full size M&P 40 in. It seems that Crossbreed is a great company that stands behind their products.

Would it be possible to get some pictures of your setup? You say that the clips are handmade...I'd love to see them. are they more like the Comp -tac clips? are they Kydex or something different?

also, I saw your response to a question at the video link above...
    Quote Originally Posted by ev239 View Post
    I use velcro clips. I like them because they are completely hidden from view and are very stable. They attach directly to my belt that has velcro loop sewn on the inside. The belt is from Crossbreed as well.
    did you get the velcro sewn in at Crossbreed? or did you do it after the fact? and you say it has a "velcro loop" ...I was under the impression that they (crossbreed or other gun belt makers) actually used strips of velcro on the inside of the belt. Is that not the case? if your loops are differnt from what most use, could you include a picture of it too? Does the velcro make the belt that much thicker? any other "wierd" issues with having velcro on the inside of your belt? and is it more stable than the regular clips? How do you like the Crossbreed belt? I was originally looking at a belt from the Beltman...but if they are the same quality/product, I'd rather spend my money with Crossbreed on the belt too.

I've read a ton of reviews on Crossbreed and appreciate their way of doing business and the way they take care of their customers...so, if the belt is just as good...then it'll make the ordering that much easier...I can just do it all with Crossbreed.

thanks again for your time in making the videos and answering questions...and if you don't mind...I'd love to see the pictures of your setup!

and mtcraigco...thanks for being a part of this forum and answering questions about your products...I look forward to doing business with you in the near future!
    FOM
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Quote Originally Posted by fisherofman View Post

Would it be possible to get some pictures of your setup? You say that the clips are handmade...I'd love to see them. are they more like the Comp -tac clips? are they Kydex or something different?

also, I saw your response to a question at the video link above...

did you get the velcro sewn in at Crossbreed? or did you do it after the fact? and you say it has a "velcro loop" ...I was under the impression that they (crossbreed or other gun belt makers) actually used strips of velcro on the inside of the belt. Is that not the case? if your loops are differnt from what most use, could you include a picture of it too? Does the velcro make the belt that much thicker? any other "wierd" issues with having velcro on the inside of your belt? and is it more stable than the regular clips? How do you like the Crossbreed belt? I was originally looking at a belt from the Beltman...but if they are the same quality/product, I'd rather spend my money with Crossbreed on the belt too.

thanks again for your time in making the videos and answering questions...and if you don't mind...I'd love to see the pictures of your setup!

and mtcraigco...thanks for being a part of this forum and answering questions about your products...I look forward to doing business with you in the near future!
    FOM
    Ok, let's start answering your questions. First here are some pictures of my setup.

For an explanation of the added leather read my extensive review here. The second picture shows where I cut off a little of the leather backing to help achieve a "combat grip".

When I said the clips are handmade, I meant that they are handmade by Crossbreed so there is a little variance in hole placement and overall length (not much but some). My reference to velcro loop refers to the loop side of velcro opposed to the hook side which is what's on the clips. Since it's the loop side of velcro on the inside of the belt there aren't any "weird" issues as it doesn't stick to stuff like the hook side does. Crossbreed sews the velcro directly to the belt so it is integral and won't peel off as it would if it were just stuck to it using adhesive. The overall thickness where the velcro is comes to just a tad over 1/4" inch which is pretty thick, but it fits all my regular work pants and all my jeans. I've only run into problems with dress slacks. Dual thickness belts will all run pretty thick so I'd have the same issue with other similar belts. Crossbreed makes a solid belt and it's looks good enough to wear with any of my clothes.

Ev239...thanks that helps greatly! I also checked out your link to your full review of the crossbreed. Very helpful info indeed! I appreciate the pictures too. Don't know if Crossbreed has a position open for Marketing director...but if they do...you should be the man! You've helped seal the deal for me!
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Links