FIST #10 Short Cut

This is a discussion on FIST #10 Short Cut within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My DeSantis minislide has lost its shape after 8 years. I've used it for all my Glocks at one point or another when I carry ...

Thread: FIST #10 Short Cut

FIST #10 Short Cut

My DeSantis minislide has lost its shape after 8 years. I've used it for all my Glocks at one point or another when I carry OWB. I'm looking for a new OWB carry holster and was considering the FIST#10 short cut.

FIST, INC.

Does anyone have this holster? Does the mouth remain open for one handed reholstering? How is the retention? Will it fit a 1 3/4" belt? I know that FIST does make a holster that has a reinforced mouth but it is $114. I'd like to stay under $60.

Thanks.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

I don't own a #10 but I do have 4 FIST holsters. Retention is excellent and all maintain shape. FIST quality and service are great. My holsters were all under $100.00. I'd say your plan to stay Under $60.00 might prove to be difficult if you want a leather holster of reasonably good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I don't own a #10 but I do have 4 FIST holsters. Retention is excellent and all maintain shape. FIST quality and service are great. My holsters were all under $100.00. I'd say your plan to stay Under $60.00 might prove to be difficult if you want a leather holster of reasonably good quality.
    Thanks for the reply. Actually, the #10 is $49.95. So with shipping and handling I should be ok. I have only one other FIST and it is the #20 IWB. It has a reinforced mouth. The reason I was asking about the #10 is because in the photo it does not appear to have a reinforced mouth. This does not always mean that it will not stay open for a one hand reholster.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Actually, the #10 is $49.95. So with shipping and handling I should be ok. I have only one other FIST and it is the #20 IWB. It has a reinforced mouth. The reason I was asking about the #10 is because in the photo it does not appear to have a reinforced mouth. This does not always mean that it will not stay open for a one hand reholster.
    None of mine have a reinforced mouth. I'd bet you won't have a problem with the # 10 as I don't with any of mine. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Hey guys,

I was just about to start a FIST thread, but might as well stick what I had to say here. I ordered two fist and got them about two weeks ago. Time from order to receipt was right at 4 weeks. I ordered a #9 for a Taurus 617 and a #11 for an Astra A-75. I got the #11 with a reinforced throat for $8 more. I really like them - the fit and retention is perfect. I did have to do the wax paper wrap for 4-5 hours. These are very good holsters for the price - best I've seen yet.
    Attached Images
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    My DeSantis minislide has lost its shape after 8 years.
    I'd like to stay under $60.

Thanks.
    Just curious, but have you asked DeSantis to just fix your old one?

I'm betting that IF they don't fix it free, they can re-shape it much cheaper than buying a new holster.

- Just a thought.
    Heisenberg may have slept here

I have dozens of various Fist holsters and recommend them quite often...I don't know that I would get any holster with the barrel and front sight exposed, but the holster WILL be great quality.

Stay armed...we all have different tastes...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy Bear View Post
    Just curious, but have you asked DeSantis to just fix your old one?

I'm betting that IF they don't fix it free, they can re-shape it much cheaper than buying a new holster.

- Just a thought.
    It is a soft leather. I don't know if they could fix it. In any event a one hand reholster with the DeSantis was hit or miss. Sometimes the muzzle would catch the outside if the holster on the way in.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have dozens of various Fist holsters and recommend them quite often...I don't know that I would get any holster with the barrel and front sight exposed, but the holster WILL be great quality.

Stay armed...we all have different tastes...stay safe!
    I like the open bottom, it will allow me to carry my 23 and 27 in the same holster. Most of my OWB holsters have an open bottom. As you stated we all have different tastes.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

I've got the FIST #19 "short crop" IWB. It's adjustable like the #20. Great retention, nice finish, fast order time. Price was right.

I wear it OWB between the waistband and the belt a lot of the time and find that it conceals almost as well as complete IWB because I carry a snub nose and there isn't a whole lot of holster that goes inside the waistband anyway.

I haven't had many other holsters with which to compare it. But it seems to me to be a good value for the money.

Well, I've been using my FIST #10 on occasion with my 23 and 27. It's pretty comfy, good retention and easy one hand reholstering. My only complaint is the cant. Shame on me, I should have examined the photo of it better, but I wish it had a little more of a cant. But it is hard to tell until you wear the holster.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    I ordered a #9 for a Taurus 617 and a #11 for an Astra A-75. I got the #11 with a reinforced throat for $8 more.
    I was going to say that Fist is a custom holster maker and they'll generally work with you on any basic change you're considering. For a small charge, they'll do things like add reinforcements around the mouth, add a sweat shield, add a thumb break, alter the cant, etc.

High-quality stuff. I have yet to receive anything from them with any issues related to fit, retention, comfort, squeaking. And they're often at a price lower than other custom makers. With < 5wks turnaround, typically, they're hard to beat.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I was going to say that Fist is a custom holster maker and they'll generally work with you on any basic change you're considering. For a small charge, they'll do things like add reinforcements around the mouth, add a sweat shield, add a thumb break, alter the cant, etc.

High-quality stuff. I have yet to receive anything from them with any issues related to fit, retention, comfort, squeaking. And they're often at a price lower than other custom makers. With < 5wks turnaround, typically, they're hard to beat.

I wish that I knew that they could alter the cant. Too late now. Live and learn I guess. Holster still works well. I'll wear it on the rare occassion that I work the desk.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

I don't have a #10 but I have a #K7, #8 & #9 with two #K5's on order. The holsters are the highest of quality and craftsmanship. The leather is very rigid so I don't think you need to reinforce the mouths on the OWB #10. On the other hand, if while empty it continuously gets pressed closed for some reason, then a reinforced mouth would be a good idea.

Links