Best Holster for G19

This is a discussion on Best Holster for G19 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a good holster for G19. Also anyone have any recommendations for how I can carry my Surefire G2 LED?...

Thread: Best Holster for G19

Best Holster for G19

Looking for a good holster for G19. Also anyone have any recommendations for how I can carry my Surefire G2 LED?

2. Remove Ads

G 19

I have a rig from Andy with holsters.org.
    I have an IWB from Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters.
    A Comp Tac M IWB...
    Plus an IWB and OWB from my shop.

As far as the light, Galco has a nifty little clip thing that allows the light to be snapped out. Here is the link:
    Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

I have a few friends that swear by it.

As far as other holsters I recommend the VM2, the Thunderbird from K&D, any of Eric's rigs from HBE, Nate with UBG, and of course Alessi, Del Fatti, Null, etc.

IWB or OWB holster? For IWB, I like my DeSantis scorpion holster a lot...it's my EDC holster for summertime concealment with G27 or G19. OWB, I like my Mitch Rosen Express holster for my G27. Best thing is, either one will cost you less than a hundred dollar bill. I might not have a lot of holster experience since I've found what works really good for me. The folks with the 'drawer full 'o' holsters' are the best ones to ask since they have more experience or likes and dislikes of any particular models. Myself.......I'm keeping things simple.
    Scorpion with G19

Rosen Upper Limit Express for G27

RamRod

Thank you for bringing that up. Mitch Rosen's Express Line is very good. I think you can get them from Dillon Blue Press. They are well priced and good leather for the price.

Cheers!!

I like the Raven Concealment Phantom holster. One holster that can be work OWB with belt loops, OWB with pancake loops, OWB with a paddle attachment, or IWB with over hooks, c clips, or leather loops. So just buy the holster and then any accessories you wish to truly customize how you carry. I have one on the way this week for my HK45 and will post pictures. I ordered the IWB overhooks. The holster comes with standard belt loop attachments. The owner Jay will respond to any questions you have about the holster. He replies to email every day. He will mold to fit the extended slide stop if you use one. They also have holsters for your light and can mold one that works with a spare mag and your light. They hug the body nice and tight. The link below (Malabar Front) is their store front. Notice how tight the holster is against the body in the picture, that is just the standard belt loops and the pancake wings will pull it tighter.

The Malabar Front

Review and pictures in the following links
    Raven Concealment Systems Phantom Holster Review - Glock Talk
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=158014#post158014

I just finished a 1000 round weekend training session, all out of the holster. I used my G19 in a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard. I was just as fast or faster than the gamers' fast kydex units. Add that to the increased comfort of a well-fit leather holster and I'm sold. My favorite mag/Surefire holster is from Brommeland.
    Kramer Handgun Leather - Revolver holsters, concealment holsters, paddle holster, 1911 holster, ankle holster
    Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Raven Concealment period, for Kydex.

I have owned numerous holsters in the past 12 years running from Blade-Tech, Safariland, Comp-Tac, Galco, Kramer Leather, Fobus, and many others. I've done leather and kydex and plastic. The Raven Concealment puts them all to shame.

The Malabar Front

Simple,sweet and cheap------ Glock Sport/Combat
    Wear either inside or outside the belt.
    I have a box of holsters both stock and custom but use the Glock the most.
    I have both the small frame and large frame ones and like them both.

Wish I could buy one like them to fit a 1911.

I too am a fan of Raven Concealment.

Leather: Sparks, Kramer, Tucker, etc.

Kydex: Raven
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Links