My new Raven Concealment Phantom for HK45

This is a discussion on My new Raven Concealment Phantom for HK45 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My new Raven Concealment holster for my HK45. I think that with this holster I can conceal this gun quite easily. Great system. OWB or ...

Thread: My new Raven Concealment Phantom for HK45

My new Raven Concealment holster for my HK45. I think that with this holster I can conceal this gun quite easily. Great system. OWB or IWB. I do prefer IWB for the HK45 due to it being more concealed, but OWB looks like it can work as well. You can see that it conceals very well both ways, especially since this gun is rather large in the grip area. It WILL print OWB if I bend over or sit down so I'd need a larger cover garment. As you can see they mold the holster to fit the safety/decock lever. If you carry Condition 1 they will mold that way for you. Excellent holster, stable, secure, and fast draw. I really like this one and will order one for my Glock 19 ASAP. If you have a question, email Jay the owner at their website Raven Concealment Systems and he will reply within 24 hours. Great guy with great service.

OWB Concealed

OWB Revealed

IWB Concealed

IWB Revealed

HK...

Nice looking set up.

Hey, did that DW thing get squared away???

Take it easy.

How does that Kydex feel against your skin? Is it less comfy than leather that will mold to you?
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Wolf View Post
    Nice looking set up.

Hey, did that DW thing get squared away???

Take it easy.
    Waiting for return of the gun. Should be soon. Dealer is closed this week to complete some renovations so I don't know if it came in. Have to wait until friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    How does that Kydex feel against your skin? Is it less comfy than leather that will mold to you?
    It's not bad. The problem with a leather holster is two fold. I say problem, but that may not be the correct term to use. Basically in FL you sweat a lot and a leather holster will tend to trap sweat and other moisture. It tends to stick to your skin. At least I notice it. Kydex doesn't do this. The other thing is Leather is thicker which causes the holster to take up more room IWB. Obviously leather is pliable and will more or less give and mold to you. The kydex in this sense isn't as comfy. However, it should be said that the Raven is molded with a curve to it. It's hard to see from the pic, but the holster is made so that it matches the curve of the hip somewhat. It's also super thin so that it's not super stiff and gives just a bit. That might help some as well.

There's good things to say about both leather and kydex. Certain applications work better with leather IMO. Not least of which is keeping a Stainless gun such as a 1911 looking better longer. It also tends to have a tighter mold to the gun for better retention. Whereas kydex is a bit more loose (not overly so) and provides a faster drawstroke.

I hope that kind of explained it. The short version is in FL if you wear all day, leather will stick to your side and be somewhat uncomfortable over time. Kydex will not, but also won't bend or mold any further than it is designed to. Kydex doesn't necessarily bother me to be honest. YMMV

Great holsters, but I would recommend sending an email then ordering by phone since the Malabar Front web store is not secure.

Sponsored Links