Holster for Kel-Tec P-3AT 380

This is a discussion on Holster for Kel-Tec P-3AT 380 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for reccomendations for a concealment holster for a Kel-Tec P-3AT 380 with a Crimson Trace Lasergrip. I am not 6'4" and 260 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster for Kel-Tec P-3AT 380

Holster for Kel-Tec P-3AT 380

I am looking for reccomendations for a concealment holster for a Kel-Tec P-3AT 380 with a Crimson Trace Lasergrip.

I am not 6'4" and 260 pounds. Let's try 5'6" and 160. Therefore, I do not know if some types of holsters would work for me such as will a pocket holster. Will pocket holsters usually fit into a size 34 waist pair of jeans?

Your recommendations please. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I carry my P3AT in a front pocket of size 36 jeans in a Milt Sparks pocket holster. Carries quit well. I've also used a DeSantis Nemesis with good results.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

i use a desantis nemesis for mine:

a superfly would work as well; they both have versions for use with or without the laser attachment.

Been carrying mine, without the laser, for about a month now in the front pocket of my jeans using a home made holster of the pattern found on KTOG.

Took the gun out to clean yesterday and found the bore full of lint.

My recomendation is that whatever holster you decide to use, get one with the barrel end closed to keep out foriegn materials.
    I'm clinging to my guns and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i use a desantis nemesis for mine:
    a superfly would work as well; they both have versions for use with or without the laser attachment.

It looks like the Super Fly is an updated version of the Nemesis. What pocket do you normally carry this holster? This is my first CCW permit and I am looking for advice and/or experiences.

Thanks.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    This is what I carry in the front pocket of my pants on my weak side as an EDB BUG.

Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Holster

I am sure if you contact a custom maker, you can give them measurements of your pockets, body type, inseam, etc. they should be able to fab something up. There are also very good synthetic holsters on the market that really form to your body and are far from bulky.
    But you are right, some body types cannot pull off a pocket holster without it going into the back pocket. My friend who is a very heavy weightlifter cannot. His legs are tree trunks and w/o going to some serious baggy pants, he cant do a normal one. It has to be the one that has the additional top that makes it look like a wallet.
    I carry my Keltec in my back pocket in a "wallet type holster"; but I carry my Titan .25 in my front pocket in a standard pocket holster.
    Do you have a gun store that has a good selection of holsters nearby? If so, that may be your best bet. Most don't have an issue with you trying it on... some do for some dumb reason.
    Good luck in your quest.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by NavDoc View Post

It looks like the Super Fly is an updated version of the Nemesis. What pocket do you normally carry this holster? This is my first CCW permit and I am looking for advice and/or experiences.

Thanks.

i carry it in my front pocket, normally on the left, as a back up to my main carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    This is what I carry in the front pocket of my pants on my weak side as an EDB BUG.
    What brand of holster are you showing for your LCP?

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Since mine is a backup I had John Ralston of 5SHot make me a combo holster/45acp mag pouch for mine. Weighs about the same as a loaded mag and I always know where it's at with no fumbling to get it out of a pocket. Basically a double mag pouch with the mag in the front and P3at in the rear. Works great!

Smile

If you get the light show off your little KT you'll have no trouble at all carrying it. Take it along when shopping for jeans...I carry one in the watchpcket of jeans and cut-off-style shorts with a t-shirt and have for years. The gun is tipped forward onto its top and is like a canted holster carried to an extreme. You can draw it surprisingly fast almost like open carry with camouflage. You may have to shop around but there are watch pockets that do this. Any bulges won't print out at anything like a gun.
    A pocket holster like a DeSantis or similar works with other types of pants. Keep a little something in the pocket on the outside and it shouldn't print out. This is front pocket...can't imagine using a back pocket. This is done by most people of various sizes and builds.
    You can get side clips from KT for left or right side(or both) that lets you hook it inside of a waistband in various positions and won't interfere with a DeSantis holster(others?)
    With the clips some people may get creative depending on what clothes they're wearing. Women are said to find waysof using them for carry which is good because their clothes are not designed to hide much.
    Then there are things you can do with SmartCarry.
    Don't get discouraged because you're not a big guy. You can do this as well as anybody else. The laser gadget complicates things but if you're devoted to it I think some holsters are made for them. Try the KT Range. They know all things about KTs. There's also KTOG for more on them.

Ive used a nemisis holster for going on two years now Ilove it and reccomend it to anyone .
    Well hell yes its dangerous if it wasnt i wouldnt be carrying it!
    Beretta PX4 40sw
    SR9
    PF9
    Sig mosquito 22
    Keltec p3at

Desantis nemesis rocks...cheap, functional, safe. Easy pocket carry for any sized individual.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

This may also be another option to look at. I have the P3 in a Custom IWB Defender, made by Kevin at K&D Holsters. While mine does not have the light, I am sure that Kevin would make a holster that accommodated the light. I love this little holster and wear it often. It still looks brand new. Kevin does awesome work.
    Here are a couple pics for you.

Ron

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

+1 on the desantis nemesis.. Front pocket shorts, or rear pocket jeans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links