Holster as seen on DVD I watched...

This is a discussion on Holster as seen on DVD I watched... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself...along with asking a question I hope somebody can answer. I watched a Lenny ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster as seen on DVD I watched...

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself...along with asking a question I hope somebody can answer.

I watched a Lenny Magill training video and he recommends this holster as well as sells it on his website here:

World's Best Concealment Holster - GunVideo.com

Does anybody know what make/model this holster is? I want to do some price comparisons to make sure his asking price is fair.
    thanks much
    Brad

Looks very much like the Milt Sparks Summer Special, $80 on their website, www.miltsparks.com. You can also check out others on the Holster MEGA Link in this forum.

JD
    Administrator
    Looks to be the same thing as the Milt Sparks Summer Special/Heritage, the Galco Royal Guard. etc. etc.

I generally prefer rigs with offset loops, I'd always be a little skeptical of what people sell on their websites, of course he's going to recommend it if he's selling them.

I've had holsters of similar design and wasn't overly thrilled with them for use with heavier guns.

Price wise, it doesn't look to bad, Galco's website lists the Royal Guard at $119, but you can find them on eBay for under $100.00

Thanks for the info. I guess I should say that it will be for concealing a G27. I've read a lot of posts here and gotten some great ideas on holsters. It looks like the MTAC is really nice, along with the Scorpion. I also like the Serpa as well. Tough decision! I wish I had a good local gun shop around that carried many different holsters to try on but I don't. My next best option is to purchase from somebody with a decent return policy i guess.

By the way, my G27 will have a Crimson Trace laser attached to it so i'm not sure what holsters will accommodate that attachment?

Mtac gives you a trial period. The holster you asked about has the attachment points directly over the gun, which will add to the thickness or bulk of your carry package. I prefer holster with side attachment points ( like the Mtac ) which spread out the weight of the gun and are less bulky, and for me, easier to conceal. I carry my G27 with the CT in my Mtac with no difficulty.

It could be a great holster, but keep in mind that if it's a sponsor, of course it's the 'World's Greatest'.

A Fist holster, with a clip would be much easier for 'on and off', and be just as secure. There's a ton of holsters out there, you're going to have to try a few...get a box (a typical reminder on this forum).

I might also suggest getting a body protector with any IWB you buy...it is an extra piece of leather (the holster is made with a higher cut against the body) that keeps the weapon from touching the skin or shirt.

Stay armed...get a big box...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks much! all great suggestions. I think the Mtac is going to get ordered today. How about any of their other holsters? or is the Minautor MTAC just their best model?

Welcome to the site skenzer. May I ask what part of west Michigan you are from.

Certainly, I'm from the Grand Rapids area, Greenville to be exact. Are you familiar with the area?

I drive up that way everyday for work.

i PM'd you...

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Looks to be the same thing as the Milt Sparks Summer Special/Heritage, the Galco Royal Guard. etc. etc.
    It IS Galco Royal Guard, and about $15 more than from CheaperThanDirt, etc.

Same holster, if you go to:
    Master of Concealement - Your Source for the Best in Concealment Holsters, Concealment Clothing, and Concealed Carry Products

They have 3D view, you can see the "RG..." product code on holster back...

OS

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OhShoot View Post
    It IS Galco Royal Guard, and about $15 more than from CheaperThanDirt, etc.

Same holster, if you go to:
    Master of Concealement - Your Source for the Best in Concealment Holsters, Concealment Clothing, and Concealed Carry Products

They have 3D view, you can see the "RG..." product code on holster back...

OS
    Well there you have it, I didn't see the 3D view, but I'll take your word for it, I knew it looked awfully familiar, the Galco Royal Guard was one of my first holsters, and as stated, it can be found cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks everyone, that does appear to be the winner. I think, however, that I've been convinced to go with an MTAC instead

The Bianchi IWB #100 is very comfortable and has a leather back that fits between the gun and your skin. I have one for my Kahr P9 and one for my Para 1911. The Bianchi 100 clips on with or without a belt and fits nicely. I wear it mostly with jeans, but it works well with dress slacks as well.
    I was fortunate to try this holster before I collected a drawer full!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links