SIG Tactical Carry Garment - Page 2

SIG Tactical Carry Garment

This is a discussion on SIG Tactical Carry Garment within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; left handed draw, which is needed when your right hand is on the right handle accelerator. You gotta point OG but - when I am ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SIG Tactical Carry Garment

Assistant Administrator
    left handed draw, which is needed when your right hand is on the right handle accelerator.
    You gotta point OG but - when I am biking I still would not want to draw and fire on the move - if it occurred I'd reckon I was in for a whole lotta hurt!!!

I usually carry same as normal but as soon as off the bike, vest is undone at front - or leather jacket too if that is on.

Has struck me that perhaps a tank bag with velcro'd top pocket with flap might be about quickest for access but then the prob of transfer of gun to self when leaving bike.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I got a cheap fix for you. Go to your nearest Army Navy store and see if you can get yourself a Gortex Parka. The parka has two pockets you can use. I always pack my CCW in my old military parka.You could also check some surplus stores.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

The whole carrying while on the scoot is a question I have not answered to my satisfaction.

I am right handed and the throttle on the right handle, I would have to carry and prepare to draw left handed while on the scoot (or get one of those vintage Indians w throttle on the left hanldebar (drool, drool, drool!!!) and carry strongside. Even so, then I have to be concerned if the metal slide of the gun smacks against my pelvis or other bone in an unplanned getoff. Or a tankbag and figure outta way to discreetlly transfer to my "person" once I dismount the bike.

Anyone gotta great solution, I'm all ears. Until then, it's strong side, inside the waistband for me. W/ a plan to never fire while riding the scoot (even though I could pull if off w/ the crusie control). Voluntary or involuntary dismount first.

That is, unless I am going where 100% concealament is mandatory, then it's a pocket 38 special.

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner
    The whole carrying while on the scoot is a question I have not answered to my satisfaction.

I am right handed and the throttle on the right handle, I would have to carry and prepare to draw left handed while on the scoot (or get one of those vintage Indians w throttle on the left hanldebar (drool, drool, drool!!!) and carry strongside. Even so, then I have to be concerned if the metal slide of the gun smacks against my pelvis or other bone in an unplanned getoff. Or a tankbag and figure outta way to discreetlly transfer to my "person" once I dismount the bike.

Anyone gotta great solution, I'm all ears. Until then, it's strong side, inside the waistband for me. W/ a plan to never fire while riding the scoot (even though I could pull if off w/ the crusie control). Voluntary or involuntary dismount first.

That is, unless I am going where 100% concealament is mandatory, then it's a pocket 38 special.
    Not a biker but So forgive it it seems stupid..

But what about a shoulder holster
    or a bag on the belt granted not the best looking thing you can wear but it would work i think

Lead Moderator
    how about crossdraw? Harder to conceal, but seems you could draw weak hand , if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Not a biker but So forgive it it seems stupid..

But what about a shoulder holster
    or a bag on the belt granted not the best looking thing you can wear but it would work i think
    No need for forgiveness and not stupid at all. The rigt hand actuates the throttle (similar to the gas pedal on a car) and the scooter would slow down to a stop if the throttle was not engaged (just like when a gas pedal is not pressed). A right hander cannot engage the throttle to control the speed of the bike and present a weapon at the same time.

IMO, a bag or kangaroo pouch screams concealed weapon on a biker. A "biker" vest is pretty much assured (in my experience) a concealed weapon, but noone gives it a second thought. Either the bikers are in the know and it is not an issue OR the general public just stays away from the biker (for whatever reason).

In addition to that, I do not wear leather biker vests. I like to have protective garments along my whole arm/hand while riding and opt for a full jacket.

To me, the main issues are: (1) Left hand draw and use (regardless of shoulder, IWB, OWB, etc...), (2) possible injury during an unintentional getoff (aka crash) whilst riding the bike, or (3) storing gun on bike (gas tank bag) and then secretly moving it from the gas tank bag to my holster when I get off the bike (gas stops, destination, etc. ...)

I've got the Sig coats at the shop. They're well made items and will conceal anything up to and including a M29 with a 6" barrel. As far as whether they're worth the asking price, well, it *is* specialty wear.

For the record, the black ones conceal a heck of a lot better.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    how about crossdraw? Harder to conceal, but seems you could draw weak hand , if need be.
    Thanks for your feedback. IMO crossdraw is an option. It is one that I do not want to pursue.

My philosophy is to standardize everytning (manual of arms, location of carry, location of extra magazine, etc. ...) so that it is easier to be successful w/ muscle memory. Also, I carry this philosophy out in my unarmed self defense training (martial arts). I only train 1 or at most 2 defense/offensive moves based on the quadrant of attack on my person and absolutely NO esoteric crouching tiger/hidden dragon moves. (I've got other things to do besides train for armegeddon (wink wink) like earn a paycheck and enjoy life day to day)

I standardize the manual of arms for all the weapons available to me and my wife so that both myself and my wife (not avid about SD and handguns as I am) can take my weapon at any time and point, squeeze and stop the threat. Yes, it means that I do not carry the 1911's I have come to know and love from my time in the Marines, but so be it. I accept the fact that I no longer own 1911's to my belief that my wife could defend herself at anytime w/ any weapon in our house or on my person. (My wife promised me to take some NRA sancioned safety classes and shoot w/ me at the local rod and gun club as a holiday present. I am excited!!!!)

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I just wanted to share the reasons I place on the constraints I impose on my SD practice/training.

Thanks.

Yeah i understand the throttle control same as the 1/4 turn on my 4 wheelier but i meant more for carrying a shoulder holster..

I under stand the bag to it screams gun as does a vest for my taste just offering ideals

I think chris carrys a little NAA mini in his front pocket when he Bikes he might pop up and give ya some ideals

Since your right handed and throttle that way i would think you would have to go shooting with your left hand that way you can crank up the throttle and run if you can.

I switch when i drive sometime to draw for right hand since seatbelt cramps my left hand draw..

Not sure what else you coudl to do easy carry ..

Course i did see a guy in ohio with a Crotch Rocket with shirt flying in the air exposing his Glock guess that made it leagal since in ohio in your car you cant have a gun covered

This post was being typed when yours was being tyed so some you have all ready covered

>> I under stand the bag to it screams gun as does a vest for my taste just offering ideals

I appreciate all input and ideas. Keep em coming. I'm here to learn.

I've got the P3AT and S&W 642 for the right front pocket.

>> Since your right handed and throttle that way i would think you would have to go shooting with your left hand that way you can crank up the throttle and run if you can.

I practice weak hand, but not enough. Note to self, get to range and practice weak hand.

>> I switch when i drive sometime to draw for right hand since seatbelt cramps my left hand draw..

This is another issue I have. I am trying to figure out what to do to have ease of draw while driving a 4 wheeled vehicle.

>> Course i did see a guy in ohio with a Crotch Rocket with shirt flying in the air exposing his Glock guess that made it leagal since in ohio in your car you cant have a gun covered

I hope Ohio gets their CCW laws fixed up. It is bad enough that bikers are seen as dangerous. Now they have to open carry while riding down the road and then conceal when they stop.

Thanks for the input.

Another way is to stick it so it wont move on the passanger seat or wedge next to center console ..

Granted in a collsion it wont stay put but it is a way to carry it .. Car carry is about as bad as Bike carry no real good way ..

Maybe a floor mounted holster ive seen them with a bracket that will put in at hand level

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Frankly, while I mentioned the possibility of using the garment for a weak sided draw, I have never really wanted to do so. I can't think of a more risky move than to draw and fire while on a moving motorcycle. I only carry strong side, IWB at 3:30 to 4:00 with a jacket or Field and Stream vest. If I was ever feeling the need for defense while on the bike, I would only use the weak sided draw with a second BUG and I'd get off the bike as quickly as possible.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    If the pocket goes in then goes deep it would not be too bad(although I'd much rather have my weapon on my hip). I would not have (nor use for CC)that jacket if the pocket access was held closed with velcro. Had a student that had a vest built in a similar manner.He told me that he carried a small revo in the left side pocket. I grabbed his left hand and told him to present his weapon as fast as he could. You should have seen him trying to "break through"all that velcro. Also velcro tearing apart will make EVERYBODY look,especially the BG. I will not have velcro on any of my gun stuff.--------

My wife gave me the new black one for Xmas. It was an excellent fit in my size. I experimented with my Taurus PT111 9mm and H&K USP Compact 40. The Taurus fit perfectly into the carry pocket with no signature. The H&K also fit perfectly, but had a minor signature at the bottom of the magazine. I ordered a Nemesis pocket holster for each one to experiment further. I feel that the carry pockets on each side might be a little high. Their also seems to be too much velcro. I am considering having a tailor remove it and installing a couple of snap buttons on the left side. I'll practice further. Since it was a Xmas gift, I'm going to make the jacket perfect for me to carry in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Another way is to stick it so it wont move on the passanger seat or wedge next to center console ..

Granted in a collsion it wont stay put but it is a way to carry it .. Car carry is about as bad as Bike carry no real good way ..

Maybe a floor mounted holster ive seen them with a bracket that will put in at hand level
    In my F-150, I can conceal between the drivers seat and the rest of the front seat (for an easy draw). Then be able to holster once I get to my destination. No problem holstering because I am higher up than many vehicles. I am planning on gettting a combo gun safe and bolting it or welding it to the floor area. My little japanese commuter vehicle is another story and am not sure about what to do there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links