Holster ?

Holster ?

This is a discussion on Holster ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a 40 XD 4in and I have a fobus paddle holster but with most shirts you can see it. I like the IWB ...

Thread: Holster ?

Holster ?

I have a 40 XD 4in and I have a fobus paddle holster but with most shirts you can see it. I like the IWB but if any of you guys have any suggestions let me know. thank you

JD
    Administrator
    My friend Chooie has a 4" XD .40 and uses a UBG Canute, he swears by it.

I have several UBG rigs and love them all.

You may also want to check out HBE, Comp-Tac, and Galco.

However, if you're going to go IWB with the XD .40, I'd suggest a IWB with the offset loops like the Milt Sparks VMII, UBG Canute, HBE Com 3, or C-TAC.

There's also a lot of good feed back on the Comp-Tac Minotaur and the Crossbreed Super Tuck, but I have no first hand experience with them.

Milt Sparks has a long wait period, HBE and UBG seem to be running around 2-4 weeks last I checked. Comp-Tac can get you gear in about 3-7 days on average.

I love this holster for my mini and medium Glocks. They have them for your XD.
    I really can't say enough about this holster!
    Scorpion IWB Holster

XD Holster

I would have to say, from my meager experiances, these are the best holsters suited to ME.

HBE Com3
    Del Fatti's IWB's
    Comp Tac Minotaur
    Milt Sparks Summer Special
    Milt Sparks VMII
    K&D Thunderbird
    UBG's IWB's
    Kramer IWB #3, I think it is. (I like his OWB's more...)
    Wild Bill's Summer Heat

That sums up what I have in the "drawer" (note: my K&D is on order)plus, some of mine, of course.

I carried my XD 45 in a Kramer OWB (this was before I started my business) and I loved it.

I have heard that FIST makes a great product and a few others whose name escapes me at this moment.

Happy Hunting.

Go to 'Related Links' above...search out Fist.

Search holsters by number, find holster #1A...add a body protector...you'll be good to go...don't say you didn't get a tip on a great holster.

Stay armed...buy a get a box...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you're right handed, you may find something in stock. I gotta jump on the UBG Canute bandwagon. I own three, and really like them. He has a fast turn around for a quality custom holster, too. Order a belt while you're at it, or you won't get the full benefit of a quality rig.

Maybe kydex would work? Raven Concealment is my top choice for kydex. It depends on the gun for me. a M&P, Glock, XD or HK and it's going in Kydex. 1911, sig, and/or revolver is in leather. Not so much because they wear more(I have a poll thread started on this very topic), but because I think the all metal construction (I like stainless) seems to go better with a nice leather rig. Not that anyone should see it of course

It seems that the general opinion is that kydex and leather are about equal in the wear department when both are molded properly. I do like leather with a stainless gun as I said.

The biggest hurdle is deciding which one to go with even given all the options available and opinions offered.

Don't forget to check out TT gunleather, they have great IWB holsters and mag carriers
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Sponsored Links