Defensive Carry banner

Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..!

12K views 111 replies 50 participants last post by  allenruger 
#1 ·
On the evening of 10/17, I emailed Crossbreed Holsters to inquire if they made the SuperTuck for a Kahr PM45. Within a few hours, Mark Craighead (Owner, Crossbreed Holsters), replied and inforned me that Crossbreed indeed made the holster for my gun.

Later that evening, I placed the order with the hope that I would be taking delivery in about 2-weeks, as posted on the site.
Much to my surprise, the Holster arrived today. That's 6 days (actually 5.5 days) after the order was placed. Something tells me that this company is burning the midnight oil in order to satisfy their customers. :congrats:

The SuperTuck is definitely built to last, but it's also made with comfort in mind. The large one peice leather backing really distributes the weight extremely well. The kydex is molded perfectly to the PM45, keeping the piece snug and secure. The PM45 is a small handgun, ...but it simply disappears on my body with the SuperTuck..!!! To say that I'm impressed with the Crossbreed SuperTuck,...would be an immense understatement.!!

I'll post photos this weekend...

Mark, THANKS a bunch for an outstanding Holster and Service..!!!

-Jimmy

See less See more
#45 ·
I just checked my 1911 fit and it varies from about 1/8 - 1/4 inch of leather below the end of that 4.25" barrel. It varies because the bottom isn't cut straight across. I don't know how long the barrel of a full size MP40 is, but if it's 5", it would extend below the leather in MY holster. I don't think it would be uncomfortable at all. If it's an issue for you, they make these things to order and you can specify if you want natural or black for a color, the "combat grip" modification, cow leather versus horsehide, etc. I'd just call them and I'd bet they would make it long enough that the barrel doesn't go below the leather. Depending on the size of the gun, they may already take that into consideration when they make the holsters.

#48 ·
:bs2:
Administrator note: This individual has been identified as someone we banned (multiple times over the past year or so) continues to come back to bash CrossBreed Holsters. Please consider this when viewing his posts. - Bumper

It's an okay holster for the price. High ranks to being comfortable, but lower rank for the kydex not being very durable. As mentioned before, I, too, had problems with a clip breaking (twice) and the kydex body starting to crack at the edges on the bottom of the shell. Got replacement clips quickly enough, but that should not have been needed. The cracking in the kydex body isn't to the point where I'm ready to send it in. They really need to fix their kydex problem because I've read on more than one forum that people have had problems with their clips breaking and it seems to be pretty consistently the Crossbreed ones. And, I'm not the only one to have the kydex shell start cracking at the stress points where it's bent/molded.

#56 ·
It's an okay holster for the price. High ranks to being comfortable, but lower rank for the kydex not being very durable. As mentioned before, I, too, had problems with a clip breaking (twice) and the kydex body starting to crack at the edges on the bottom of the shell. Got replacement clips quickly enough, but that should not have been needed. The cracking in the kydex body isn't to the point where I'm ready to send it in. They really need to fix their kydex problem because I've read on more than one forum that people have had problems with their clips breaking and it seems to be pretty consistently the Crossbreed ones. And, I'm not the only one to have the kydex shell start cracking at the stress points where it's bent/molded.
As to the clips, we will have metal ones available within a couple months. In the meantime we are replacing any broken ones for free.

It does seem that some folks break more clips than others, I'm not sure why.

As to your holster body cracking, we will also repair or replace the holster for that issue.

Aside from the clip issue our returns run well below 2% for both "try it free" send backs and warranty work.

Have you contacted us about the cracking issue? I'm sure we would have made sure to point out that we would take care of it under our lifetime warranty.

We don't quibble or split hairs, if your holster fails, we replace it or fix it.

Just wanted to present the other side of the issue

thanks

#50 ·
unisonic12, how long ago did you purchase the SuperTuck? I have heard of a few cases of clips breaking, and as you suggested they are always immediately replaced. I haven't heard anything about the kydex cracking. I've heard a lot of good things about these holsters, and mine is on order. I would suggest you call Crossbreed about the kydex, they have an amazing reputation for customer service. :hand10:

-Jeff-

#51 ·
I've had it about a year. The kydex clips do seem to have a problem of breaking often, which is weird because they are much thicker than the kydex body. I did get my clips promptly replaced, but that's a problem that never should have happened in the first place. When the kydex body cracks to the point of being to where I think firearm security/retention is compromised, I'll send it back. The cracks don't seem to be getting any larger...but they're still there. :mad:

#55 ·
Not sure what "snaplok clips" are. Are you referring to the ones that go over the belt and clip underneath the bottom? Those are C clips. Mine came with both the C and J clips. Started out with the J clips, but I always had a problem with the rear one coming unhooked. Went with the C clips ever since and those are the ones that broke on me. Someday, I'll get around to trying the velcro ones.

#64 ·
Don't let unisonic12 scare you off. Crossbreed makes an outstanding product and I've never had any trouble with them.

#61 ·
If I were you, I'd wait the "couple of months", as mentioned earlier, for the metal clips. Or, I guess you could always just get it now and have the clips conveniently "break" on you and request the metal ones for replacement. :wink:

Or, if you're lucky like me, they will actually break "for real" on you.

#63 ·
Thanks for working to correct the issue. Yeah, maybe I over exaggerated the "several years", but I've been hearing about it for a while and it sure seems like more than 8 months ago.

How are you finishing those metal clips to address any potential rust issues? Are they stainless?

#69 ·
Thanks Bumper.

For those reading this, the individual that Admin banned has also been banned from several other forums for the same type behavior. The fact is he wanted me to do something that another maker does and I refused him, he took this very personally and has vowed to cause whatever trouble he can for us.

Our reputation speaks for itself.

Thanks to all those who support us and continue to recommend our holsters. In return we commit to continue to improve them and also bring new products to market relating to CCW, we have a few in the works now, but it's too early to disclose them.

Peace

#67 ·
I was beginning to wonder myself. With all of the good things I've heard about these holsters AND their amazing customer service (on this and other forums), his claims seemed ridiculous to me. Just the way Mark handled this confirmed everything I've ever heard about them (and him). It would be sad if his (unisonic12) posts caused someone to second guess their purchase from Crossbreed. I ordered mine last Saturday night, and this never put a second guess in my mind. Unfortunately, some people take everything they read to heart. I can't wait for my SuperTuck!!!:danceban::danceban:

-Jeff-

#71 ·
So, Mark, did you steal this guy's girlfriend in HS or something?

I am glad there are still a few companies out there with not only a good product but great customer service. Also, every time I have called I seem to get the same cheery lady and just her voice tells me she likes working there, which is also important.

#76 ·
Just One Last Concern

OK, you guys have me sold on a Crossbreed Supertuck for my 40-cal Walther P-99, however, I heard Kydex will scratch the firearm's finish. (Yes, I know current firearm finishes are tough and that a working gun was made to be used but I still like my guns to look pretty 'n all.) I need an IWB tuckable and the 4-6 month wait for a top-of-the-line custom leather holster is just a little over-the-top. I have looked at Crossbreed's and other Kydex holsters before but couldn't shake the scratching & marring thing. You guys made me re-think Kydex holsters, now I want a Crossbreed Supertuck so please tell what your experiences have been regarding this. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.