Defensive Carry banner

Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..!

12K views 111 replies 50 participants last post by  allenruger 
#1 ·
On the evening of 10/17, I emailed Crossbreed Holsters to inquire if they made the SuperTuck for a Kahr PM45. Within a few hours, Mark Craighead (Owner, Crossbreed Holsters), replied and inforned me that Crossbreed indeed made the holster for my gun.

Later that evening, I placed the order with the hope that I would be taking delivery in about 2-weeks, as posted on the site.
Much to my surprise, the Holster arrived today. That's 6 days (actually 5.5 days) after the order was placed. Something tells me that this company is burning the midnight oil in order to satisfy their customers. :congrats:

The SuperTuck is definitely built to last, but it's also made with comfort in mind. The large one peice leather backing really distributes the weight extremely well. The kydex is molded perfectly to the PM45, keeping the piece snug and secure. The PM45 is a small handgun, ...but it simply disappears on my body with the SuperTuck..!!! To say that I'm impressed with the Crossbreed SuperTuck,...would be an immense understatement.!!

I'll post photos this weekend...

Mark, THANKS a bunch for an outstanding Holster and Service..!!!

-Jimmy

See less See more
#78 ·
A Crossbreed holster and a Beltman belt is a great combo for CCW. Works well for me.

#80 ·
All the positive comments have sold me on getting a supertuck for my XD 9 SC, I have a couple questions though. What are the advantages of the horsehide over cowhide and what is the combat grip? Thanks for helping a newbie!

#81 ·
What are the advantages of the horsehide over cowhide and what is the combat grip?
Horsehide is supposedly more impervious to moisture, meaning it won't allow sweat to make it through as easily. I wore my SuperTuck under a tool belt on a construction site and had very little moisture show through to the gun side.

The combat grip is a sort of notch cut out near the trigger guard, which allows for a more secure grip on your weapon prior to a full draw.

I went for non-combat grip as I tend to sweat a lot in the Summer in TX and wanted my weapon covered as much as possible.

#87 · (Edited)
Woman CCW loves her Crosstuck!!

I received my Crosstuck in 6 days! Been carrying an SR-9 with 16 rounds for the last week in an office setting and no one knew I was carrying! That might not seem like a huge deal but I am 5'9 and 130 pounds. Size 7 gal. The gun just wraps around you with the Super Crosstuck.
Since I have purchased and worn other holsters- over $100 ones, I can say this is REALLY the best IWB holster available for comfort.

#90 ·
I received my Crosstuck in 6 days! Been carrying an SR-9 with 16 rounds for the last week in an office setting and no one knew I was carrying! That might not seem like a huge deal but I am 5'9 and 130 pounds. Size 7 gal. The gun just wraps around you with the Super Crosstuck.
Since I have purchased and worn other holsters- over $100 ones, I can say this is REALLY the best IWB holster available for comfort.
Glad to hear it ccmama, we are seeing more and more lady cutomers every day.

(And more and more Hubbys/Boyfirends letting us know they need another one 'cause their Wife/GF "borrowed" theirs!):hand5:

#91 ·
just received a supertuck in the mail. I don't own that many holsters to compare it with, but it is great. I adjusted the cant a little and now it is quite comfortable. It is my G19's new best friend.

Very quick delivery- I think the mail man must have run a few stop signs to get it here so fast. Thanks Mark and the Crossbreed team.

#94 ·
I love my Supertuck too! If you guys think the Supertuck is nice with the standard clips (it is), I highly recommend you try it with the velcro clips and one of the velcro-lined belts. I like to wear mine at exactly 3:00 because I carry a government model 1911. I find that any position further back than 3:00 and the long 1911 grip will print if I bend over.

Well, with the standard clips the holster would always want to ride back to about 3:30 or so. I ordered Crossbreed's velcro clips to go along with my velcro-lined belt and man what a difference! Your holster WILL stay put with that setup, with no shifting around at all. I fell in love with my Supertuck all over again.

So, with the standard clips I rate the Supertuck 9 out of a possible 10. With the velcro clips, 12 out of ten. :hand10: :hand10:

#97 ·
thanks man that's awesome- I'm ordering this holster soon and I wasn't planning on getting the velcro... but maybe you can convince me otherwise. are there any negatives? can you still use regular clips if you don't like the velcro? does the velcro setup add any width to the rig?

#101 ·
are there any negatives?
It takes a little longer to get the belt on (damn velcro is sticky!)

can you still use regular clips if you don't like the velcro?
Yes, the velcro on my belt is THIN. It does not add much, if any width to the belt (trust me I was worried about that too.)

does the velcro setup add any width to the rig?
See above. I can tell you with all confidence that if you get the v-clips with a velcro belt you will NOT regret your decision. :wave:

#102 ·
thanks for the pics- So the clips go between the belt and pants? I never really understood that before. The velcro must be crazy strong to be able to hold up the holster this way. Is using this velcro method less secure than standard clips? I never tuck in my shirt so concealment isn't a really big deal. Is there a reason you skipped a belt loop? Again thanks for the pics that really clears things up

#104 ·
The velcro must be crazy strong to be able to hold up the holster this way.
Not really... the clips still fold over the edge of the pants. And the inward pressure from the belt being tightened around the waist provides a lot of support too. All the velcro has to do is keep the holster from moving UPWARD when you go to draw the gun. It doesn't support any weight, really, during the normal course of the day.

Is using this velcro method less secure than standard clips? I never tuck in my shirt so concealment isn't a really big deal.
To me... it feels much more secure.

I have set up my holsters so that the holster with the velcro is the holster I wear with my best suits. (my velcro belt is the one I bought to match them) So I ALWAYS tuck my shirt in when wearing that rig. --It's amazing how much a commander length 1911 disappears into thin air right in front of you with that setup.

#103 ·
Sounds like a good reference for me.

#106 ·
I was thinking about the velcro option, and e-mailed Crossbreed about how much thickness it does (or doesn't add). However, someone brought up a good point: velcro wears out over time. I'm not sure if I want to go with that option now.

So far, the clips haven't been an issue for me, as far as concealment goes. I tend to wear black most of the time anyway.

And I find that most people tend not to stare at my waist. :tongue:

-JT

#109 ·
I agree.. and I don't cinch up my belt that tight. I hadn't really thought much about the weight of the rig... I was just saying what my perception was. Maybe I was making some bad assumptions.

Either way, the velcro setup is stable and comfortable. Maybe I'm just not communicating very well. - :blackeye:

#108 ·
Lots of nice comments on a holster that looks like it 'hugs' the body.
My only concern is the barrel of the sidearm hanging below the holster, I prefer my sidearm fully covered by the holster (I realize it's an IWB...OMO).

Stay armed...enjoy the armed comfort...stay safe!

#110 ·
Another completely satisfied customer here. They told me two weeks to delivery; the holster and 1 1/2" belt arrived in 11 days.

I carry a Ruger P85 in it quite comfortably.

Here's another vote for brown clips of some sort. Powder coated?

#111 ·
I have been wearing my Crossbreed Supertuck for a couple of weeks now and it is outstanding. Lot more comfortable than my all-kydex CTAC, specially when driving or sitting. I am carrying a G30SF so it is a bulky gun, I have found that 3:30 seems to be the best position for me.
With regards to the clips, I have to put the belt and after that I just put the clips over it. The clips hug the belt tight so it is hard to run the belt through the clips without opening them a bit. Will doing this break the clips eventually or are they made to have a little flexibility?
I am really impressed with the holster and congratulate Mark on putting out a great product. An additional plus for me is that my G21SF fits in it too...
BTW, the posts on this site convinced me that this was the holster I needed.

#112 ·
I put my belt through all my loops and then put my Super-Tuck on. Do all this before I put my pants on... just makes it easier for me. The clips do have flexibility to just snap them over your belt. No problem with doing that at all. Glad you like yours!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.