Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..! - Page 3

Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..!

This is a discussion on Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 10-4, I'll do just that! Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo It's not listed on their website, but e-mail them to find out for sure. The owner ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..!

10-4, I'll do just that!

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    It's not listed on their website, but e-mail them to find out for sure. The owner is pretty well known for his customer service.

-Jeff-

After reading through all of these threads about the SuperTuck I couldn't help it, so I just placed an order for my G36.

-Jeff-

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Is the horsehide option worth the money, or is just the plain cowhide good enough?
    I think it is. Horsehide is tougher than cowhide and is absolutely impervious to moisture. Sweat will NOT get through it to the gun. Its more durable and stiffer, but not so stiff that it's uncomfortable. After wearing the holster a bit, it molds to your body contour quite nicely.

Enough already...You sold me. Placed an order for a Super Tuck Deluxe in Horsehide. I was really impressed by all the positive comment and the web site was very user friendly. Thanks.
    “For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”

Quote Originally Posted by coker737 View Post
    Enough already...You sold me. Placed an order for a Super Tuck Deluxe in Horsehide. I was really impressed by all the positive comment and the web site was very user friendly. Thanks.

It got you too!

Congrats!

-Jeff-

EW3
    For all the people ordering a Supertuck, I cannot stress enough that you also need a good sturdy gun belt. No thin, wimpy dress belts! I have a 1.5 inch Beltman bullhide and it works just great with this holster.

"Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    For all the people ordering a Supertuck, I cannot stress enough that you also need a good sturdy gun belt. No thin, wimpy dress belts! I have a 1.5 inch Beltman bullhide and it works just great with this holster.
    The belt is definitely next on my list, when the funds come around. That's a good looking belt! I didn't know a gun belt could look that good (probably because I've never had one)...

-Jeff-

I got mine Thursday and have been wearing it since.
    After ya find the sweet spot you don't really notice it is there.
    Keep the gun oiled and the temple clean

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman View Post
    They get an 11 from me as well, had my holster and belt for over six months and it's great. As for customer service, I broke one of my clips (yes my fault). Called for replacement and few days later 2 new clips arrived No charge, it does not get any better then that.
    I also like the fact that I'm supporting a Missouri company.
    I too like that it is a Missouri company.

Quote Originally Posted by unisonic12 View Post
    Sweat will NOT get through it to the gun.
    I also think horse hide is worth it, but I would note that sweat DOES indeed penetrate horsehide also. Just not as fast.

Like I said... I'm not bashing ... but be advised that if you sweat like me, it will go through.

I took mine and inbedded a layer of wax into the back side of the leather. only then was it able to keep all moisture out. - the down side to that is that you have to wait until the holster is "broken in" to your body before you put the wax to it, or it will never get totally comfortable. - And different people have different feelings about the wisdom of waxing their leather.

the up side is that it works on the cheaper cowhide too, so if that's the only reason you're considering spending more money, then you have an option.

Heisenberg may have slept here

Plus one on service and comfort. I carry a pt145 every day in mine, in fact I am wearing it right now with my gun as I sit in Latin class, I hate the stupid laws about schools and carrying.

With the muzzle being exposed below the bottom part of the leather, does this make it more uncomfortable against your leg?

Quote Originally Posted by smooothone23 View Post
    With the muzzle being exposed below the bottom part of the leather, does this make it more uncomfortable against your leg?
    No. With my 4.25" 1911, the muzzle extends past the bottom of the kydex shell, but not the leather.

so the muzzle on a M&P40 full size will extend past the kydex but still rest on the leather backing?

I just checked my 1911 fit and it varies from about 1/8 - 1/4 inch of leather below the end of that 4.25" barrel. It varies because the bottom isn't cut straight across. I don't know how long the barrel of a full size MP40 is, but if it's 5", it would extend below the leather in MY holster. I don't think it would be uncomfortable at all. If it's an issue for you, they make these things to order and you can specify if you want natural or black for a color, the "combat grip" modification, cow leather versus horsehide, etc. I'd just call them and I'd bet they would make it long enough that the barrel doesn't go below the leather. Depending on the size of the gun, they may already take that into consideration when they make the holsters.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links