Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..!

This is a discussion on Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; great info. Mine also has the 4.25 so I should be good. thanks so much for the input for sure....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..!

great info. Mine also has the 4.25 so I should be good. thanks so much for the input for sure.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by smooothone23 View Post
    so the muzzle on a M&P40 full size will extend past the kydex but still rest on the leather backing?
    mine doesn't. I have the full size M&P .40 and it works great...the muzzle runs out before the leather does! You'll enjoy it and be surprised at how well it conceals a full size!
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Administrator note: This individual has been identified as someone we banned (multiple times over the past year or so) continues to come back to bash CrossBreed Holsters. Please consider this when viewing his posts. - Bumper

It's an okay holster for the price. High ranks to being comfortable, but lower rank for the kydex not being very durable. As mentioned before, I, too, had problems with a clip breaking (twice) and the kydex body starting to crack at the edges on the bottom of the shell. Got replacement clips quickly enough, but that should not have been needed. The cracking in the kydex body isn't to the point where I'm ready to send it in. They really need to fix their kydex problem because I've read on more than one forum that people have had problems with their clips breaking and it seems to be pretty consistently the Crossbreed ones. And, I'm not the only one to have the kydex shell start cracking at the stress points where it's bent/molded.

Unisonic12,
    My goal is not to try out 45 different IWB holsters, so if you arent real excited about this one, what do you suggest?

unisonic12, how long ago did you purchase the SuperTuck? I have heard of a few cases of clips breaking, and as you suggested they are always immediately replaced. I haven't heard anything about the kydex cracking. I've heard a lot of good things about these holsters, and mine is on order. I would suggest you call Crossbreed about the kydex, they have an amazing reputation for customer service.

-Jeff-

I've had it about a year. The kydex clips do seem to have a problem of breaking often, which is weird because they are much thicker than the kydex body. I did get my clips promptly replaced, but that's a problem that never should have happened in the first place. When the kydex body cracks to the point of being to where I think firearm security/retention is compromised, I'll send it back. The cracks don't seem to be getting any larger...but they're still there.

Quote Originally Posted by unisonic12 View Post
    I've had it about a year. The kydex clips do seem to have a problem of breaking often, which is weird because they are much thicker than the kydex body. I did get my clips promptly replaced, but that's a problem that never should have happened in the first place. When the kydex body cracks to the point of being to where I think firearm security/retention is compromised, I'll send it back. The cracks don't seem to be getting any larger...but they're still there.
    Haven't heard anything like this about the SuperTuck before. I'd be interested to see a picture or two if you have any.

-Jeff-

I'll have to borrow a digital camera. I only have a crappy one on my cell phone right now and I don't think it would show the detail.

Quote Originally Posted by coker737 View Post
    Enough already...You sold me. Placed an order for a Super Tuck Deluxe in Horsehide. I was really impressed by all the positive comment and the web site was very user friendly. Thanks.
    Yea baby. 4 Days after placing my order I got it. So nice. Got a question: Pro's and Con's on the SnapLok Clips or J Clips?

Who like what? I have the SnapLok as it came and they are nice. Going to wear it a while and change. What's does everyone else thing?

Dang, I don't even know I have it on.
    “For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”

Not sure what "snaplok clips" are. Are you referring to the ones that go over the belt and clip underneath the bottom? Those are C clips. Mine came with both the C and J clips. Started out with the J clips, but I always had a problem with the rear one coming unhooked. Went with the C clips ever since and those are the ones that broke on me. Someday, I'll get around to trying the velcro ones.

Sponsor
    It's an okay holster for the price. High ranks to being comfortable, but lower rank for the kydex not being very durable. As mentioned before, I, too, had problems with a clip breaking (twice) and the kydex body starting to crack at the edges on the bottom of the shell. Got replacement clips quickly enough, but that should not have been needed. The cracking in the kydex body isn't to the point where I'm ready to send it in. They really need to fix their kydex problem because I've read on more than one forum that people have had problems with their clips breaking and it seems to be pretty consistently the Crossbreed ones. And, I'm not the only one to have the kydex shell start cracking at the stress points where it's bent/molded.
    As to the clips, we will have metal ones available within a couple months. In the meantime we are replacing any broken ones for free.

It does seem that some folks break more clips than others, I'm not sure why.

As to your holster body cracking, we will also repair or replace the holster for that issue.

Aside from the clip issue our returns run well below 2% for both "try it free" send backs and warranty work.

Have you contacted us about the cracking issue? I'm sure we would have made sure to point out that we would take care of it under our lifetime warranty.

We don't quibble or split hairs, if your holster fails, we replace it or fix it.

Just wanted to present the other side of the issue

thanks
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Sponsor
    As to that being a problem that should have never happened, you are entitled to your opinion, but we have obviously taken measures to improve the product in this regard and correct the issue with metal clips. As has been noted, we are also taking care of any failures in the meantime.

As to you carrying a gun in a broken holster, that honestly does not sound like a good idea, please contact us via email or call tomorrow and we'll take care of it

thanks
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Just sounds like GREAT Customer Service. That's why I Buy.
    “For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    we have obviously taken measures to improve the product in this regard and correct the issue with metal clips.
    Finally...about time. I've heard of your clips breaking for several years. Sure, not everyone has this problem and I hoped to be one of the lucky ones, but that was not the case.

Probably going to be buying the Wife a pistol here in the next few days, guess which holster I'm gonna get her?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links