Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..!

This is a discussion on Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I were you, I'd wait the "couple of months", as mentioned earlier, for the metal clips. Or, I guess you could always just get ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..!

If I were you, I'd wait the "couple of months", as mentioned earlier, for the metal clips. Or, I guess you could always just get it now and have the clips conveniently "break" on you and request the metal ones for replacement.

Or, if you're lucky like me, they will actually break "for real" on you.

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by unisonic12 View Post
    Finally...about time. I've heard of your clips breaking for several years. Sure, not everyone has this problem and I hoped to be one of the lucky ones, but that was not the case.
    Several years? That's odd.... since we've only had a breakage issue since we used a product called R-52 for about 6 mos and started noting the failures then. That started about 6-8 mos ago, so you are looking at about 8 mos for the max time that we have had this issue. It took some time for it to come to light that the clips were not lasting as long as we would like them to. Besides that I started CrossBreed Holsters in 2006 which is only two years ago (more or less). Several years?... sorry, that is just not true.

I'm sorry you had a breakage problem but it sounds like we stood behind the product and replaced them did we not? I certainly do want you to be satisfied as a customer but at the same time I don't intend to let the clip issue be made out to be more than what it is.

With that in mind a further explanation of the clip issue follows.....

Since realizing the failure rate of the R-52, we went back to Kydex T100 and noticed an immediate reduction in the failure rate. That was good, but I want bulletproof, so we are moving forward with metal clips.

The tooling alone for this move will be about $10,000 but we are big enough now to swallow that and move forward with the improved clips. In the meantime we will continue to make the clips out of Kydex T100 (NOT R-52) which is much stronger and far less brittle than R-52. As soon as we can get the tooling done and the clips in production we will move to metal clips, that should be near the end of this year or the first of next. In the meantime any clip failures will (and always have been) replaced at a rate of two for one. If you call and say you broke a clip, we send you a new pair and the hardware, no charge.

With that said, please be aware our clip breakage rate is still not all that high, we are just committed to getting it to zero.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Thanks for working to correct the issue. Yeah, maybe I over exaggerated the "several years", but I've been hearing about it for a while and it sure seems like more than 8 months ago.

How are you finishing those metal clips to address any potential rust issues? Are they stainless?

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Probably going to be buying the Wife a pistol here in the next few days, guess which holster I'm gonna get her?
    Don't let unisonic12 scare you off. Crossbreed makes an outstanding product and I've never had any trouble with them.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    Don't let unisonic12 scare you off. Crossbreed makes an outstanding product and I've never had any trouble with them.
    No worries here, I already have a horsehide one, non-combat grip, and have also bought the J Clips.

I have worn mine under a tool belt while building a church, no one noticed (including me at one time) and have worn it to weddings and church tucked and untucked under tank tops and t-shirts and even had my kids rolling all over me and no one knew a thing.

I'm also tellin' ya', as soon as they make a polo style shirt with the logo sewn in it I'll be placing an order for that too.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

DC Founder
    Please view the Administrator note in post #48 regarding "unisonic12", who has been banned (again).
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I was beginning to wonder myself. With all of the good things I've heard about these holsters AND their amazing customer service (on this and other forums), his claims seemed ridiculous to me. Just the way Mark handled this confirmed everything I've ever heard about them (and him). It would be sad if his (unisonic12) posts caused someone to second guess their purchase from Crossbreed. I ordered mine last Saturday night, and this never put a second guess in my mind. Unfortunately, some people take everything they read to heart. I can't wait for my SuperTuck!!!

-Jeff-

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    Several years? That's odd.... since we've only had a breakage issue since we used a product called R-52 for about 6 mos and started noting the failures then. That started about 6-8 mos ago, so you are looking at about 8 mos for the max time that we have had this issue. It took some time for it to come to light that the clips were not lasting as long as we would like them to. Besides that I started CrossBreed Holsters in 2006 which is only two years ago (more or less). Several years?... sorry, that is just not true.

I'm sorry you had a breakage problem but it sounds like we stood behind the product and replaced them did we not? I certainly do want you to be satisfied as a customer but at the same time I don't intend to let the clip issue be made out to be more than what it is.

With that in mind a further explanation of the clip issue follows.....

Since realizing the failure rate of the R-52, we went back to Kydex T100 and noticed an immediate reduction in the failure rate. That was good, but I want bulletproof, so we are moving forward with metal clips.

The tooling alone for this move will be about $10,000 but we are big enough now to swallow that and move forward with the improved clips. In the meantime we will continue to make the clips out of Kydex T100 (NOT R-52) which is much stronger and far less brittle than R-52. As soon as we can get the tooling done and the clips in production we will move to metal clips, that should be near the end of this year or the first of next. In the meantime any clip failures will (and always have been) replaced at a rate of two for one. If you call and say you broke a clip, we send you a new pair and the hardware, no charge.

With that said, please be aware our clip breakage rate is still not all that high, we are just committed to getting it to zero.
    Once again it sounds like GREAT Customer Service. Something that is rare in the world of today.

I have had no trouble so far with the clips but I do like metal.

When you start production let me know. I WILL buy a set.

Thanks again for an OUTSTANDING product.

Watch what you ask for though. My friends have seen mine and they want one too.
    “For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Please view the Administrator note in post #48 regarding "unisonic12", who has been banned (again).
    Thanks Bumper.

For those reading this, the individual that Admin banned has also been banned from several other forums for the same type behavior. The fact is he wanted me to do something that another maker does and I refused him, he took this very personally and has vowed to cause whatever trouble he can for us.

Our reputation speaks for itself.

Thanks to all those who support us and continue to recommend our holsters. In return we commit to continue to improve them and also bring new products to market relating to CCW, we have a few in the works now, but it's too early to disclose them.

Peace
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC

Can't wait to see what you have "in the works". Love my crossbreed holster and belt, I wear it 16 hours a day.
    Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

So, Mark, did you steal this guy's girlfriend in HS or something?

I am glad there are still a few companies out there with not only a good product but great customer service. Also, every time I have called I seem to get the same cheery lady and just her voice tells me she likes working there, which is also important.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    So, Mark, did you steal this guy's girlfriend in HS or something?

I am glad there are still a few companies out there with not only a good product but great customer service. Also, every time I have called I seem to get the same cheery lady and just her voice tells me she likes working there, which is also important.
    Haha, no I just wouldn't make a holster like he wanted due to a couple different reasons and he didn't like that. I think there are other issues there as well.

That cheery lady is my mom and she is under strict orders to be cheery, OR ELSE!! (Just kidding!)
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC

My Crossbreed Supertuck was the first holster I bought and tried for my first conceal carry handgun.

I never had to buy or try another.

'nuff said.

-JT

I bought a Crossbreed Supertuck a couple of years ago for a Para 14-45..I liked it so much I now recommend this holster to all my new students wishing to get a CCW. IF there is one holster that will get new people comfortable with Carrying, this is it.

I bought one for my PPS. It works great. I'm the process of converting some belts to use the velcro straps. I'll post some pictures when I get done.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links