Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..!

This is a discussion on Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, you guys have me sold on a Crossbreed Supertuck for my 40-cal Walther P-99, however, I heard Kydex will scratch the firearm's finish. (Yes, ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..!

Just One Last Concern

OK, you guys have me sold on a Crossbreed Supertuck for my 40-cal Walther P-99, however, I heard Kydex will scratch the firearm's finish. (Yes, I know current firearm finishes are tough and that a working gun was made to be used but I still like my guns to look pretty 'n all.) I need an IWB tuckable and the 4-6 month wait for a top-of-the-line custom leather holster is just a little over-the-top. I have looked at Crossbreed's and other Kydex holsters before but couldn't shake the scratching & marring thing. You guys made me re-think Kydex holsters, now I want a Crossbreed Supertuck so please tell what your experiences have been regarding this. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

The slide on mine has the Melonite finish and the marks left on it wipe off with a rag and some oil.
    Keep the gun oiled and the temple clean

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    A Crossbreed holster and a Beltman belt is a great combo for CCW. Works well for me.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    My Crossbreed Supertuck was the first holster I bought and tried for my first conceal carry handgun.

I never had to buy or try another.

'nuff said.

-JT
    +1 Same here. Love it. I've had some clips break too but it was more my fault than the clips and Mark has been extremely quick to replace them free of charge.

All the positive comments have sold me on getting a supertuck for my XD 9 SC, I have a couple questions though. What are the advantages of the horsehide over cowhide and what is the combat grip? Thanks for helping a newbie!

Quote Originally Posted by Ropedartman View Post
    What are the advantages of the horsehide over cowhide and what is the combat grip?
    Horsehide is supposedly more impervious to moisture, meaning it won't allow sweat to make it through as easily. I wore my SuperTuck under a tool belt on a construction site and had very little moisture show through to the gun side.

The combat grip is a sort of notch cut out near the trigger guard, which allows for a more secure grip on your weapon prior to a full draw.

I went for non-combat grip as I tend to sweat a lot in the Summer in TX and wanted my weapon covered as much as possible.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Thanks for the clarification Paco, I don't think the combat grip is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropedartman View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Paco, I don't think the combat grip is for me.
    I too went without the combat grip...the good part about it is...if you decide after you've bought it that you do want it...you can do it yourself! very easy to "customize" your supertuck!
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Quote Originally Posted by fisherofman View Post
    I too went without the combat grip...the good part about it is...if you decide after you've bought it that you do want it...you can do it yourself! very easy to "customize" your supertuck!
    That's the exact reason I didn't get mine with the combat grip. I figured if I wanted the combat grip, I'd cut it myself.

Mine just arrived today, it's a nice looking holster!

-Jeff-

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    That's the exact reason I didn't get mine with the combat grip. I figured if I wanted the combat grip, I'd cut it myself.

-Jeff-
    I've seen pictures of some supertucks that look NOTHING like what they first did...guys do thier own modifications/customizations to make it work for them. Many would be scared to do that with custom leather that took 6 mos to get....but with the great price and quick turnaround time, it makes it feasible.

glad you've finally gotten yours...strap that thing on and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post

-Jeff-
    and of course....we're going to need to see some pictures with it on and concealed!

Woman CCW loves her Crosstuck!!

I received my Crosstuck in 6 days! Been carrying an SR-9 with 16 rounds for the last week in an office setting and no one knew I was carrying! That might not seem like a huge deal but I am 5'9 and 130 pounds. Size 7 gal. The gun just wraps around you with the Super Crosstuck.
    Since I have purchased and worn other holsters- over $100 ones, I can say this is REALLY the best IWB holster available for comfort.
    Last edited by ccmama; November 19th, 2008 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    Thanks Bumper.

For those reading this, the individual that Admin banned has also been banned from several other forums
    Mark,

I'm a big fan, and repeat customer. So I'm not bashing, but I admit I too am interested in the last question that guy asked. (about the finish/material of the metal clips you mentioned.)

- fozzy
    Heisenberg may have slept here

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy Bear View Post
    Mark,

I'm a big fan, and repeat customer. So I'm not bashing, but I admit I too am interested in the last question that guy asked. (about the finish/material of the metal clips you mentioned.)

- fozzy
    When we know, you will know. We are in the prototype stage and then will need to move to getting the tooling made.

It's looking like 3 mos to get the first batch out, so I don't want anybody thinking this is something they'll see tomorrow.

Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmama View Post
    I received my Crosstuck in 6 days! Been carrying an SR-9 with 16 rounds for the last week in an office setting and no one knew I was carrying! That might not seem like a huge deal but I am 5'9 and 130 pounds. Size 7 gal. The gun just wraps around you with the Super Crosstuck.
    Since I have purchased and worn other holsters- over $100 ones, I can say this is REALLY the best IWB holster available for comfort.
    Glad to hear it ccmama, we are seeing more and more lady cutomers every day.

(And more and more Hubbys/Boyfirends letting us know they need another one 'cause their Wife/GF "borrowed" theirs!)
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links