Defensive Carry banner

Crossbreed SuperTuck ..outstanding holster and Company..!

12K views 111 replies 50 participants last post by  allenruger 
#1 ·
On the evening of 10/17, I emailed Crossbreed Holsters to inquire if they made the SuperTuck for a Kahr PM45. Within a few hours, Mark Craighead (Owner, Crossbreed Holsters), replied and inforned me that Crossbreed indeed made the holster for my gun.

Later that evening, I placed the order with the hope that I would be taking delivery in about 2-weeks, as posted on the site.
Much to my surprise, the Holster arrived today. That's 6 days (actually 5.5 days) after the order was placed. Something tells me that this company is burning the midnight oil in order to satisfy their customers. :congrats:

The SuperTuck is definitely built to last, but it's also made with comfort in mind. The large one peice leather backing really distributes the weight extremely well. The kydex is molded perfectly to the PM45, keeping the piece snug and secure. The PM45 is a small handgun, ...but it simply disappears on my body with the SuperTuck..!!! To say that I'm impressed with the Crossbreed SuperTuck,...would be an immense understatement.!!

I'll post photos this weekend...

Mark, THANKS a bunch for an outstanding Holster and Service..!!!

-Jimmy

See less See more
#2 ·
As far as I'm concerned they should be the first call when you get a new carry gun. You can get a BBQ holster later, Crossbreed will get the gun on your hip sooner.

#5 ·
Not the best looking holster on the market, but hard to beat for comfort, affordability, quick turnaround, and durability. It just plain works! I agree with joleary223 that it should be the first holster you order for a new gun. Use it while you wait for the custom leather that seems to follow every new horse to the stable. :yup: You'll turn to it at times even when you have the purdy stuff, at least I do.

#6 ·
I've had the good furtune of being able to purchase some of the nicest, hand made holsters money can buy, including various OWB models made by Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen and Matt Del Fatti.

Anyone that's ever owned a Del Fatti holster will agree that his holsters should be framed and hung on a wall for everyone to see...!!!

With that said, I agree that the SuperTuck may not possess exceptional stitching or boning found on leather holsters, but this holster shines in it's simplicity and exceeds in it's intended use. It conceals your handgun securely,... and conceals it extremely well. Thin molded kydex along with thin leather makes for a very light and durable design. If this IWB holster doesn't work well for you, nothing else probably will.

I place the SuperTuck in the same category of Ken Null's SMZ shoulder rig. I know because I wear one often.

Bottom line: The Crossbreed SuperTuck incorporates an effective simple design that provides deep concealment and all day comfort . All this for under 70 bucks with a lifetime guarantee. How cool is that. !?!

-Jimmy

#7 ·
I just purchased a SuperTuck and was upset that it arrived in 5 days when I was expecting it in 2 weeks.:hand10: I have been carrying concealed since 1988, I have a container of holsters both leather and kydex from some of the better known companies.
I have been wearing this holster for 2 days and can tell you it is an aw some carry rig, I Carry a G30 on a Wilderness Instructor belt and I almost forget the gun is on. This is a great product and I will recommend it to any one.

#8 ·
Same exact experience.

Was expecting the 2 week wait, and had it in less than 1! Been 100%completely satisfied with this company and their holster.

I've been known to be rough on companies with so-so service, but it can't be considered my fault, when you have companies like this setting the bar so high for everyone else!! :yup:

#16 ·
They get an 11 from me as well, had my holster and belt for over six months and it's great. As for customer service, I broke one of my clips (yes my fault). Called for replacement and few days later 2 new clips arrived No charge, it does not get any better then that.
I also like the fact that I'm supporting a Missouri company.

#17 ·
Modified CrossBreed holster

I wear a Crossbreed holster daily and have for over a year. I had problems with the plastic/kydex clips breaking and the holster tended to move on my belt during the day. I had a kinfemaker replace the clips with leather straps with a snap and my problems solved. The only issue is that I can no longer tuck my shirt in but I always wear it outside anyway. The comfort of the holster is great.

#18 ·
Super Tuck for Glock 26

My Super Tuck arrived about 1 week ago. It took only 4 days to arrive. I spent a few days experimenting with the adjustments and the position to find a sweet spot that is comfortable sitting, walking and driving. Now that I've found it I'm really happy with it.
Before I got the Super Tuck I was thinking of buying a pocket pistol just for ease of carry. But now with the Super Tuck I can carry my Glock 26 all day and barely be aware of it.

The leather backing is about 1/8" thick and the Kydex holster is about 1/16". So altogether it probably adds less than 1/4" to the thickness of the pistol. That helps to make it concealable. And the leather backing keeps the sharp corners of the pistol from digging into my ribs. The Kydex fits very snugly around the pistol. It produces kind of a snap-in effect to keep the pistol in place.

You really can tuck your shirt in around it, as long as the shirt is loose-fitting and you puff it out a bit. I prefer leaving the shirt out though.

Some folks say it's ugly, but I say so what? If I wanted beauty I wouldn't own a Glock. I want performance and I get it with the Glock and the Super Tuck. I give it an A+.

#21 ·
They just started doing that I think as I had one from about a year ago I sent back to have a horsehide backing put on to replace the cowhide. It arrived back with the Crossbreed logo stamped in it. Yes, it's not a pretty holster, but it's the most easily worn and most concealable one out of my collection.

#22 ·
I've had mine for a full year now, and it has held up very well to (almost) daily use. It and the M&P 40c it holds for me have been my one and only carry setup all year. I couldn't be happier, and have recommended it without hesitation to any that ask for carry recommendations.

#23 ·
I keep hearing more and more good things about this holster. I think I may have to make the jump and get myself one even though I am not a big fan of IWB carry. Maybe the problem has been that the holsters I have had have all be uncomfortable.

#33 ·
I think it is. Horsehide is tougher than cowhide and is absolutely impervious to moisture. Sweat will NOT get through it to the gun. Its more durable and stiffer, but not so stiff that it's uncomfortable. After wearing the holster a bit, it molds to your body contour quite nicely.

#34 ·
Enough already...You sold me. Placed an order for a Super Tuck Deluxe in Horsehide. I was really impressed by all the positive comment and the web site was very user friendly. Thanks.

#36 ·
For all the people ordering a Supertuck, I cannot stress enough that you also need a good sturdy gun belt. No thin, wimpy dress belts! I have a 1.5 inch Beltman bullhide and it works just great with this holster.

#37 ·
For all the people ordering a Supertuck, I cannot stress enough that you also need a good sturdy gun belt. No thin, wimpy dress belts! I have a 1.5 inch Beltman bullhide and it works just great with this holster.
The belt is definitely next on my list, when the funds come around. That's a good looking belt! I didn't know a gun belt could look that good (probably because I've never had one)...:danceban:

-Jeff-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.