Another leather/kydex holster

This is a discussion on Another leather/kydex holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First time I've seen this one. http://www.hoffners.com/hy5.jpg Anyone have experience with it? I'm thinking just add whatever Comp-tac clips and it might make for a ...

Thread: Another leather/kydex holster

Another leather/kydex holster

First time I've seen this one.

http://www.hoffners.com/hy5.jpg

Anyone have experience with it? I'm thinking just add whatever Comp-tac clips and it might make for a good combination.

I currently have the Tucker Answer and while I love the quality, it just isnt working well with my body yet.

2. Remove Ads

I just don't like the barrel and front sight of the gun exposed while in the holster...OMO.

It may work just fine, just not my taste.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lead Moderator
    Doesn't look like enough material to hold the weight of the gun much. I would stick with a Crossbreed or other hybrid holster if I was in the market. Second a lot of that gun will be rubbing on your body during carry. It can get uncomfortable for most users.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

yeah, it is quite minimal which could be problematic per the points raised. Im just trying to find something that will conform as well as a leather holster. the nature of the kydex bodies seems to create a wider area before the holster can start conforming to the body.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    The one thing I noticed is it doesnt appear that it would allow you to tuck in your shirt very far. It looks like there would be a "wad" of shirt material right at the belt line. I'll stick with the MTAC.

_
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    I'll stick with the MTAC.

_

MTAC here too, best of both worlds!

cj
    Looks like it would get kind of...pokey if carried IWB. Crossbreed has a nice layer of leather between me and any metal or plastic and I believe that accounts for its comfort.

It looks like most of the weight of the gun will be above the belt line. Looking at the picture the right side belt clip is all the way up to the top of the rig but doesn't quite come to the bottom of the trigger guard. I would think this would tend to make it poke out away from the body more and add to the bulge of the tucked shirt. The exposed barrel and site, will probably pinch you hip when sitting I would think.

Nope, I don't think it would be comfortable, and if others don't have any experience with them I feel your money would be better spent with a Crossbreed, (I use one) or an MTAC. These are known and proven reliable and comfortable holsters for roughly the same money.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I'm trying to get used to my Tucker Answer with my Warthog and a Comp-tac belt, but keeping an eye out for what might work better.

I'm thinking my Comp-tac belt may be part of the problem. It has the inner reinforcement which might be too stiff for my 35.5" waist, so it doesn't conform as well to my body.

No doubt part of my problem is going from a belly band/Walther PPK/S with palm swell grips to the current set up which is quite a bit more bulky.

Links