Defensive Carry banner

New Holster

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Eric Larsen 
#1 ·
Came home form work today and had a package from HBE Leather 3 weeks and two days from when I ordered a new holster for my M&P 45. However, I'm not terribly excited about it. I'll reserve further comment until I try it on and carry for awhile. It is my first custom holster so I didn't really know what to expect. I typically carry a 9c so carrying a full size .45 will be different for me. Of course, we just had a botched robbery in our area and there were 3 BG's. One's dead, the other in custody, and the third on the loose--armed and dangerous. Of course, massive manhunt under way.

#7 ·
However, I'm not terribly excited about it. I'll reserve further comment until I try it on and carry for awhile.
I have a feeling that sentiment will change rather quickly once you put it on. Nothing like your first custom leather. My first was a UBG. Congratulations on the leather. I am sure it will serve you nicely, I have read good things about HBE, and hope to own one oneday.

#10 ·
I'm So Excited

Came home form work today and had a package from HBE Leather 3 weeks and two days from when I ordered a new holster for my M&P 45. However, I'm not terribly excited about it. I'll reserve further comment until I try it on and carry for awhile. It is my first custom holster so I didn't really know what to expect. I typically carry a 9c so carrying a full size .45 will be different for me.
In response to the above post, all I can say is WOW. I carried my M&P 45 for the first time tonight and I was impressed. It's as comfortable or maybe even more comfortable than carrying my 9c in my Galco holster. I'm glad I did it. Now I have to order one for my 9c prior to next summer. Two issues though. As I was practicing drawing, the gun was kind of stuck and hard to get out of the holster. Second, when I sit down the butt kind of sticks out of my carry garment and prints a little. I carry about 3:30-4:00. Does anyone have any solutions to these two minor issues?:image035:

#11 ·
The draw will loosen up as you practice. Stand at home at night and draw on the bad guys on TV. If the butt is protruding, you may need to adjust the location on our waist. It doesn't take much, and soon you'll find that sweet spot that works.

#12 ·
Well good day. The holster needs to be broken in...wrap you UNLOADED gun in waxed paper, a couple of times around and stuff it in your holster for 2-4 hours...that will help with your holster being to tight.
Second...try the holster in different carry locations....just a 1/2" one way or the other will make it conceal better.
If its still a problem after that...then call me and Ill see what I can do for you.
God bless....and shoot well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.