New Gun Coming, Need a New Holster: PLR16!

This is a discussion on New Gun Coming, Need a New Holster: PLR16! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, gun show this weekend. Decided to plop down what it takes to buy a piece I've had my eye on for a long time: ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Gun Coming, Need a New Holster: PLR16!

Exclamation New Gun Coming, Need a New Holster: PLR16!

Okay, gun show this weekend. Decided to plop down what it takes to buy a piece I've had my eye on for a long time: Kel Tec PLR-16. I know it can be had with a sling but it's only one point and I'd like to have a drop down thigh holster or maybe a shoulder rig. The drop holster would only be concealable in a Matrix or Highlander style long jacket, I know. I'm complicating matters a bit because I'll also be getting the accessory forearm (w/rails) and the muzzle brake, too. I've done searches but only come up with one. Also, I'll be mounting a small dot sight but no scope as the one I have in the picture. In fact, except for the scope and sling, mine will look EXACTLY like the one pictured. Sam Andrews makes a neat rig for an NFA short shotgun that seems to be available from a strong side draw in an upward swinging action. I dunno. Anybody have any suggestions OTHER than why in the world to you want that KOOKY gun? I'm settled on that for right now.
    Attached Images
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Well, if you have your mind set for that 'special' pistol, I'd suggest just looking at a good sling and an Israeli Shabak as a cover garment. It's not like you're going to try and 'holster' carry that thing...are you?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wink Maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's not like you're going to try and 'holster' carry that thing...are you?
    If I can find the right rig, I might, but only in a SHTF scenario. Not EDC.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Ex...

I've had some bigger pistols in earlier days...one mode of carry in N. MI and in AK was a cross-chest carry holster.
    You might try looking for something like that...

ret...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    SmartCarry!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Wink Sointly!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    SmartCarry!
    Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck. I thought of that but my wife said I'd run the risk of being charged with false advertising.

I have had the PLR for a couple of years now. Great fun to shoot but also, it IS a pistol and thus legal to carry with you loaded and ready here in good ol Tennessee. I keep it in an old gym bag, very un-apparent, sitting next to me in the truck with top unzipped all I have to do is reach and draw. Not bad, not bad at all. A lot of firepower legally with me complete with red dot, laser, sling, AR mags etc. When I have it, I consider my 1911 to be BUG while in the truck. I believe you could sling it around your shoulder and under a London Fog or duster coat. Sure would be interested in a holster also.

Question ??

Quote Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
    I have had the PLR for a couple of years now. Great fun to shoot but also, it IS a pistol and thus legal to carry with you loaded and ready here in good ol Tennessee. I keep it in an old gym bag, very un-apparent, sitting next to me in the truck with top unzipped all I have to do is reach and draw. Not bad, not bad at all. A lot of firepower legally with me complete with red dot, laser, sling, AR mags etc. When I have it, I consider my 1911 to be BUG while in the truck. I believe you could sling it around your shoulder and under a London Fog or duster coat. Sure would be interested in a holster also.
    Got any pix of your rig, including the bag maybe?

Jim:
    I was thinking about the same Sam Andrews you mentioned, definitely a high dollar, custom order though. What about something like that with a simple spring clip retainer? I'm thinking maybe a "C" shaped clip that would snap in place between the receiver and forward grip. I suppose a set up like that might work in a more traditional weak side shoulder holster style as well. Call Sam up and see what he says.
    Jack

Wink Actually....

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Jim:
    I was thinking about the same Sam Andrews you mentioned, definitely a high dollar, custom order though. What about something like that with a simple spring clip retainer? I'm thinking maybe a "C" shaped clip that would snap in place between the receiver and forward grip. I suppose a set up like that might work in a more traditional weak side shoulder holster style as well. Call Sam up and see what he says.
    Jack
    I tried to call him yesterday but there was no answer. He might have been on the road for the next Miami Gun Show which is tomorrow, so maybe I'll see him there! This being the last show before the election I hope I haven't waited too long so the prices are thru the roof for panicked voters...

I collaborated on a Cobon AR15 pistol for a customer and friend for an OC BQ rig. It was setup as a belt holster with most of it going down the thigh with an old school western leg tie. It looked good.

I just got done with one just like the one above for a Desert Eagle 44 Mag with a 14 3/8" barrel that was longer than the AR pistol.

We (Us crazy Minnesotans) are having an Open Carry breakfast at a St Paul bar and both these rigs will be attendance. People go

Backpack would work and would be legal
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Exclamation NOT 1 but 2!

Found a gun actually found TWO. Bought one at the show and found a HOLSTER for it, too! Cost me $25 for the nylon across the chest holster and $850 out the door for the OLYMPIC ARMS AR15 pistol. This thing I bought as an investment. I figure it will be worth many times what I spent if the OBAMANATION is elected and carries out his plans with the help of a RAT Congress. The other gun was the aforementioned Kel-Tec PLR16 and the "Beta - C" double snail drum mag but that has to be delivered to my FFL contact here from Maine.

Congratulations! You're on a roll, I'll give you that.
    How do the Kel-tec and Oly compare to each other? Is one going to be a keeper for the zombie attack?

Midway is still running their AR Stoner 30 round mags (w/ Magpul followers) on sale if you want to stockpile a few of those too. I just ordered 10 more myself lastnight.
    Jack
    Last edited by maclean3; November 2nd, 2008 at 05:24 AM. Reason: oops.

Olympic arms

Here is half of what I got...
    Attached Images

Wink Hmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Midway is still running their AR Stoner 30 round mags (w/ Magpul followers) for $10 if you want to stockpile a few of those too. I just ordered 10 more myself lastnight.
    Jack
    Can you post a link to that? I found Midway USA but the mags you describe are $18 each.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links