Galco Skyops

This is a discussion on Galco Skyops within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up this Galco Skyops holster at a gun show a couple of weeks ago. Next time I'll order from OpticsPlanet.com, free shipping good prices. ...

Thread: Galco Skyops

Galco Skyops

Picked up this Galco Skyops holster at a gun show a couple of weeks ago. Next time I'll order from OpticsPlanet.com, free shipping good prices. I wore it a couple of days and I liked it but it needed some improvements. A friend of mine does leather work and he added some to the top to keep the beavertail from biting me. I might still roughen the inner side if i notice it sliding around but so far its been staying put. I also filed away all the sharp edges on the plastic hook to keep it from digging into my belt. The 1.5 inch hook was an extra ten dollars but I can't complain too much. It tucks in pretty good and I'm happy with it. I also bought the Galco tuckable single clip mag holder, it was a joke the thing kept sliding down where i could not get to the mag, I exchanged it for something else. I guess 8 + 1 .45 ACP will have to do for now.
    BTW... the belt I'm using is not a quality gun belt, It's good for holding up my pants and little else. I'm going to get a couple of nice gun belts soon for sure.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Good looking holster. That's good that you customized it for your own needs, nothing wrong with that.

Thanks for posting. You know, I had looked at this holster several times as a good option. I guess the single point belt attachment method doesn't really appeal to me for some reason. Glad it works for you with a little modification.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I looked at the Skyops as an option for IWB. The main reason I did not buy was because it didnt have a sweatshield. I dont know any leather crafters who could have added it for me. Good for you adapting it to your personal needs. I hope it works well for you.

>>---->
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Links